Thread: Should SC3 go 'PRO'??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Should SC3 go 'PRO'??

We are gearing up and making plans for the next SC3 / Arcade party. A lot of people have asked us what is the future for SC3? For a while now we have considered going "pro" with SC3 such asmaking it a real convention like CAX and CGE. That would mean moving to a new location like a hotel hall or a banquet room, which would double or tripple the amount of arcade games and consoles, have vender booths, live bands (8-bit weapon, mini-bosses, etc), and more trades etc and other possibilities.

I wonder if the reason why people like SC3 cause it's pretty DIY and that its in someones house and backyard which is pretty much on the down low. Would SC3 have the same 'feel' if that was gone and became a real convention?

So we are looking for any feedback about SC3 going pro and making it a real convention or keeping it the same as it has been at the house. Please let us know.

If you dont know what SC3 is, please click on the link for the highlights and some pics from our last party in September..

http://www.sc3videogames.com/highlights/2009_09_26.php
    My Arcade Collection - http://www.ggdb.com/Collectors/ViewMember.aspx?mid=394
    Southern California Classic Collectors (SC3) - http://www.sc3videogames.com/
    3DS: 5370-0932-2395
    Wii U: SysOp Miiverse: The_MCP
    PSN: shertz

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Sounds awesome! I might like to attend that. I live in San Diego (Chula Vista) and I have never attended a gaming party, or convention, and have been dying to go to one for years now. I heard CGE WILL be in Vegas next year, I'm looking foward to that as well.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man your event looks so awesome! Go Pro! I'd love to attend as a vendor btw.

Carlson

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shertz View Post
    We are gearing up and making plans for the next SC3 / Arcade party. A lot of people have asked us what is the future for SC3? For a while now we have considered going "pro" with SC3 such asmaking it a real convention like CAX and CGE. That would mean moving to a new location like a hotel hall or a banquet room, which would double or tripple the amount of arcade games and consoles, have vender booths, live bands (8-bit weapon, mini-bosses, etc), and more trades etc and other possibilities.

I wonder if the reason why people like SC3 cause it's pretty DIY and that its in someones house and backyard which is pretty much on the down low. Would SC3 have the same 'feel' if that was gone and became a real convention?

So we are looking for any feedback about SC3 going pro and making it a real convention or keeping it the same as it has been at the house. Please let us know.

If you dont know what SC3 is, please click on the link for the highlights and some pics from our last party in September..

http://www.sc3videogames.com/highlights/2009_09_26.php
    I guess I'm not sure what the point of doing a CAX or CGE like show would be considering that CGE is going to happen this year and it's within reasonable driving distance of Southern California. I'm also skeptical that there are enough vendors to support a show in Southern California. Having said that, I would love to see the show moved to a different location, perhaps somewhere more central to Los Angeles and an emphasis put back on the home consoles. I was an old school member of SC3 and while I have enjoyed playing the arcade games, I miss the Orange County and Northridge days when the emphasis was on home consoles, trading and good conversation as opposed to everyone just playing arcade games.

Strawberry (Level 2) MonoTekETeA's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This looks amazing. I am surprised that this has passed under my radar for so long. Probably because it is in CA and I have no means what so ever of getting out there. Either way, keep up the good work.

16-Bit, I am surprised you go all the way out there for this. That is hardcore.

Rock and roll.
    -Jeremy
    Yippy Kie Yo Yai Yay
    I am really bad at spelling...no really.
    v A gift from Drexel923, Thanks homie! v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I guess I'm not sure what the point of doing a CAX or CGE like show would be considering that CGE is going to happen this year and it's within reasonable driving distance of Southern California. I'm also skeptical that there are enough vendors to support a show in Southern California. Having said that, I would love to see the show moved to a different location, perhaps somewhere more central to Los Angeles and an emphasis put back on the home consoles. I was an old school member of SC3 and while I have enjoyed playing the arcade games, I miss the Orange County and Northridge days when the emphasis was on home consoles, trading and good conversation as opposed to everyone just playing arcade games.
    Well it is true that the emphasis are on the arcade games. Its not everyday that you see a house stuffed with 40 arcade games. That is why we tend to push the arcade portion of our gatherings. The truth of the matter is that there is just as much consoles and trade section as the arcade games. If you've seen any of the videos, EVERYONE is having good conversations ;-) We do get some of the same complaints about location (that is another reason why we are looking at going pro), but no else seems to step up and host one of these. You're right about CAX and CGE being close together and its one of our biggest concernes. You should try making it to our next SC3, you might have a different opinion about it after you experience it. Thanks for your comments!
    My Arcade Collection - http://www.ggdb.com/Collectors/ViewMember.aspx?mid=394
    Southern California Classic Collectors (SC3) - http://www.sc3videogames.com/
    3DS: 5370-0932-2395
    Wii U: SysOp Miiverse: The_MCP
    PSN: shertz