Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Super FC16-Go Super Nintendo Portable Review

Insert Coin (Level 0) nickerous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I did end up getting the revision console. Works very well. The on board dpad is better than the original, but still doesn't register the button presses every time. The left and right work fine, but the top and bottom don't work EVERY time. Still, I'm quite happy with the new version. May need to look into getting that higher capacity battery.

Any other PowerPack results? I'm thinking of buying one sooner or later.....

Insert Coin (Level 0) MicroByte's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How are your FC16 Go's holding up?

I just learned about this "portable" last week and cannot believe I missed this coming out. I am ready to get one when StoneAgeGamer get's more in stock (you are SO highly recommended and seem like such a great retailer!), but was wondering how the Revision 2 version was holding up for those that own one?

Any problems or is does it still hold up well?

Also, there was a lot of mention from various people that the d-pad would probably be better once it was broken in, anyone experience this?

Cannot wait! Wished I would have held off on my RetroGen and got this instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine is still going strong. The d-pad really isn't a problem on the new revision. I got one from StoneAgeGamer that had a crooked screen protector. I peeled that back and put it on straight. The only problem is that the corners peel up a bit in between uses. I just run my finger back over it to stick it back. Once and a while, I'll get some dust in the protector that I have to blow out. Nothing major.

Screen is still not the best, but don't let that stop you from getting one. Chances are, you won't notice any problems, or, if you do, you'll get used to it very soon and it won't bother you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nickerous View Post
    Mine is still going strong. The d-pad really isn't a problem on the new revision. I got one from StoneAgeGamer that had a crooked screen protector. I peeled that back and put it on straight. The only problem is that the corners peel up a bit in between uses. I just run my finger back over it to stick it back. Once and a while, I'll get some dust in the protector that I have to blow out. Nothing major.

Screen is still not the best, but don't let that stop you from getting one. Chances are, you won't notice any problems, or, if you do, you'll get used to it very soon and it won't bother you.
    Thanks so much for the response! Can't wait to order mine now!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ordered one of these from Stone Age Gamer, it shipped this morning. I'm quite excited to try this puppy out. I'm going to Toronto in August and will be taking my FC16 and a copy of Earthbound and perhaps Chrono Trigger. Looking forward to the strange looks I'll get on the plane. Probably tell them it's the latest handheld from Nintendo, lightyears beyond DS technology!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PFCHudson View Post
    Ordered one of these from Stone Age Gamer, it shipped this morning. I'm quite excited to try this puppy out. I'm going to Toronto in August and will be taking my FC16 and a copy of Earthbound and perhaps Chrono Trigger. Looking forward to the strange looks I'll get on the plane. Probably tell them it's the latest handheld from Nintendo, lightyears beyond DS technology!
    I ordered one from Stone Age Gamer last night as well. I cannot wait to relive some non-emulated memories. I still remember staying up late at night when I travelled overseas and playing SFII and NHL 95 until the early morning. I'm rebuying all of the old games I used to have and have a list of ones I never got to play.

What are the chances it shows up tomorrow... I can only dream!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, my system came in today (thanks SO much Stone Age Gamer, you are amazing!).

I was so excited until and could not wait to see Super Mario World light up the screen. Flipped on the unit and the first thing I noticed was a blue stuck pixel. Okay, not too bad, blends in okay, not so noticeable. I played for a second and noticed something that looked like dark smudges on the screen. Thinking it was just the protective plastic on top, I cleaned it gently and flipped the unit back on. Still there! It appears as though the smudges are actually under the LCD if that makes any sense! They are not deal breakers, but definitely something I notice while playing.

Other than that, the system is fairly decent, but no where near as robust or quality built as a "real" manufactured portable.

Oh well, that's the price to pay for a generic console. It makes me appreciate my other systems more.

Again, thanks a million to Stone Age Gamer for the extremely great service. Also, I LOVE the packaging tape on the box! I had heard about it, but it's so cool to see in person.

In case anyone is interested in pictures, here is are some unboxing pics:

LINK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If your happy, that's fine. But if I were you, I'd return it for a replacement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I don't have any stuck pixels or smudges on my screen. It's a little blurry at times, but no where near the problems you are describing.