Thread: The Pokémon "Gotta Catch 'em All" Marathon Speedgamers video stream

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Pokémon "Gotta Catch 'em All" Marathon Speedgamers video stream

the Speed Gamers

Little late for this one as it's 70 hours in already but keep up with them if you are into marathon video gaming.

They've done marathon gaming over a good selection of titles/franchises, but this time they're gonna catch them all... pokemon, that is. Spanning from LeafGreen/FireRed (remakes of the original) to its most current iteration, The Speed Gamers are trying to capture all 493 pokemon in 72 hours. If you've got a minute and the concept amuses you, go check it out for yourself. They've got live feeds of them playing, hanging out, and even responding to the endless wall of live text assulting them.

Oh right, charity. They are playing for a charity called Ally's House, and have already raised over $15,000 at the time of writing.

Next marathon is Match 12th - Get threw EVERY Metroid game (by release order).

They give away prizes for those who don't care about charity or other people in general.

When I got home from work today I had 2 packages waiting on me. The first was from Ruju, it contained a brand new copy of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky. Next was a hand made Meowth hat and drawing from Koji.
    Both of these will be prizes in our upcoming Pokemon marathon on Dec 18. The first prize updated included Pokemon Platinum from Cow , a Ho-oh plushie from Cheesecake , and complete sets of Pokemon league badges from Yuso.

Last edited by Raedon; 12-21-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Is...is all 493 even close to possible in 72 hours? Considering many of them can't even be caught in either Diamond, Pearl or Platinum? I mean, if they have someone handy who has them all and it's just hours of them trading all that shit over, then I guess it's possible....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They caught them all in 72 hours 8 minutes. 493 pokemon.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm more interesting in the 'how' at this point. The fuck did they get Arceus or Shaymin outside of getting them from someone who already had the TRU releases?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    I'm more interesting in the 'how' at this point. The fuck did they get Arceus or Shaymin outside of getting them from someone who already had the TRU releases?
    these were the rules.

Gaming Rules:
    • All Pokemon must be caught within TheSpeedGamer’s house, no trades will be done to outsiders,
    • All pokemon that are only attainable through events only will be pre-loaded onto one of the carts.
    • Games being played: Fire Red, Leaf Green, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl.