3dfx brings back some good memories. I remember sometime in 1996 a friend of mine showing me the original Tomb Raider game, running on a PC with a 3dfx card. At the time I owned a Playstation and the PSX version of Tomb Raider. I was amazed at how much better the game looked. One of the main reasons I avoided playing games on a computer, was because I was the type that wanted a controller in my hand, and didn't want to play games with a keyboard and mouse. My buddy had a Micrsoft sidewinder controller, and he was playing Tomb Raider with that. I tried his setup out, and was hooked. I had to have it.

I ended up building my very first gaming PC. Not long after that I think I got my N64, and I basically had a PS1, N64 and PC with 3dfx. It wasn't too long from that point that I basically stopped playing console games, and went 100 percent to the computer side. Games like the original Unreal blew my mind (at the time). Pretty much during 1997, 1998 and early 1999 I didn't really have a clue as to what was going on in the console world, because I was too busy playing PC games. Then when the Dreamcast was launched on 9-9-99 that all changed. I bought a Dreamcast on day 1, and basically jumped back on the console gaming bandwagon.

Since that time, I haven't built a single gaming PC, and only game on consoles. The interesting thing, is that I'm actually pondering returning to the PC side of things. Why? Well, I still love console gaming but I'm a bit disappointed in the fact that no new console systems are on the horizon. I like the cycle of a new console being released every 5 years. If this cycle were to continue, that would mean the Xbox 720 would release this November. Obviously, we know that isn't about to happen. A new Xbox or PS3, could be a good 3 more years away, which makes me think that maybe I should jump onto the PC bandwagon for a few years, just to get that "next-level" feeling that I like so much. Then again, building a PC, and constantly upgrading is something I haven't had to deal with since 1999, and I'm not really looking forward to jumping back into that any time soon....decisions, decisions.