Thread: Game Trailers Game of the Year Videos are Up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down Game Trailers Game of the Year Videos are Up

Game Trailers has got their Best of 2009 video game reviews up. I was hoping they would get these out quicker because I'm already half out the door to take a little vacation.

Best Third-Person Shooter

Dec 23, 2009
    Which third-person shooter had the best tactical advantage of the year? GameTrailers Game of the Year 2009 gives you a new perspective!

Most Innovative Game

Dec 23, 2009
    Which game rose above the pack in innovation? GameTrailers Game of the Year 2009 honors creativity!

Best Nintendo DS Game

Dec 23, 2009
    Which portable game bested the rest on the Nintendo DS in 2009? GameTrailers Game of the Year 2009 picks!

Best Role-Playing Game

Dec 23, 2009
    Which RPG of 2009 gives you the best out of body experience? GameTrailers Game of the Year 2009 decides!

Best Action/Adventure Game

Dec 22, 2009
    Which action/adventure game in 2009 dares the most to take home GameTrailers Action/Adventure Game of the Year?

Best Racing Game

Dec 22, 2009
    Who takes first in the running for Best Racing Game of 2009? GameTrailers Game of the Year 2009 drops the checkered flag!

Best PSP Game

Dec 22, 2009
    Which Portable PlayStation game takes the top prize on the road? GameTrailers Game of the Year 2009 picks!

Best Strategy Game

Dec 21, 2009
    Which strategy game of 2009 drew up the best battle plan? GameTrailers Game of the Year 2009 settles the skirmish!

Best Puzzle/Parlor Game

Dec 21, 2009
    Who will take home the top prize of being Best Puzzle or Parlor Game of 2009? GameTrailers Game of the Year 2009 is here!

Best New IP

Dec 21, 2009
    Who created the best new Intellectual Property in gaming this year? GameTrailers Game of the Year 2009 sorts it out!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Finished watching them all, I'm guessing they're not completely don't since it hasn't shown the GotY altogether.

Anyways. Demon's Souls got two awards, being best IP and best RPG. Batman Arkham Asylum took the best action/adventure away from Assassin's Creed 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii which is pretty cool as I loved Arkham Asylum. I honestly thought NSMBWii would have got the win because while Batman is an amazing game, NSMB has a ton of replay value.

Infamous is good, but it shouldn't have even been a nominee for anything on here. It's good, but it's not game of the year good.

Also. If my PC could run it and I actually liked PC games, then I'd definitely try Empire Total War. It looked pretty good.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 12-23-2009 at 10:18 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nice to see Flower get recognition for most Innovative even though Scribblenauts won.

Also the wins for Demon's Souls are well deserved and the comment of it being innovative yet retro is very true. I also think Demon's Soul should win best soundtrack as the music is just hypnotizing.

If you are reading this and have played Demon's Souls you know it's pretty much what a 3D Castlevania should have been. It deserves GOTY as well. As far as gaming in general goes it has done more to push things forward in many ways, much more so than anything else this year except for maybe Borderlands, but that won't win cause of bugs and inconsistencies.