Thread: Website for true point & click Adventure game fans

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Website for true point & click Adventure game fans

Hi! ....... and thanks to DigitalPress for letting me post this.

Having read threads here for a long time, and posted in a few myself, I know that there are a few people here that love Adventure games (of the point & click variety), as much as I do.

With that in mind I want to let you know about a website (mine, in fact ). It's been around for around 10 months now, and has gained in popularity steadily, without entirely becoming ..... let's say ............. well known.

Anyway, without further ado I'd like to tell you about one of the biggest resources for information on Adventure games on the web and, also, about the very friendly little forum that's recently sprung up as well. Here's the address of the website. It's called Adventure Point;

http://www.adventurepoint.co.uk/

. . . . and here's the address of the excellent little forum I mentioned;

http://adventurepoint.forumotion.com/

There are a couple of game giveaway competitions on the go there at the moment too, so, if you fancy it, pop over, introduce yourself, and have a go at winning, perhaps, a point & click 'classic' Adventure.

See you over there, I hope.

Bye for now.

Lewton.

P.S.; Once again, thanks for letting me post this heads-up on my website folks.
    Last edited by Lewton; 12-31-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice. Thanks for the info. A site I personally go to and use often is http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/

This site is dedicated to an adventure/point and click game software that is free to download. They also have a lot of user's games there to download for free. There are some very talented game makers on that site.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Thanks Great Dane. My website is actually a database of nearly 2000 point & click Adventure games though. Well over 1000 are showcased on their own individual page. It's not a download site, nor a site for developers per se (although all are welcome, and some have given me exclusive interviews for both Free and Commercial games), although it does provide links to download sites for free Adventures and Text Adventures.

It's nothing like anything else out there really, in that it has something of everything;

Screenshots
    Mini-reviews
    Game synopses
    Ratings of games
    Age suitability
    Rarity ratings
    System compatibilty info
    Music snippets
    Sub-genre classification of Adventure games
    Developer interviews
    Previews
    Featured games of the month
    Adventure game-related quizzes
    A lively new Forum
    News updates
    Adventure games for consoles listings
    Free Adventures
    Text Adventures

My website has received nearly 50000 visitors in just over 11 months, which is far more than I expected, and has been favourably mentioned on all of the big Adventure gaming forums, with nearly all of them linking to Adventure Point, and I have to them, in return.

AGS is an absolutely fabulous place, I know, and, without it, so many of the free Adventure games that are listed in my Free Adventures section would never have been made.

But, I hope you'll agree, Adventure Point is something completely different, and a valuable addition to some of the great Adventure game resources out there. The feedback I've had has been overwhelmingly positive, so I must have done something right. Adventure Point actually took me 2 years (following redundancy from my job), to create, and has been very much a labour of love. And ............ I'm still adding to it!
    Last edited by Lewton; 01-07-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just wanted to chime in and say I love the site. Your passion really shines through in its presentation and content.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Thanks Diatribal Deity. You'd be very welcome on the new forums if you'd like to talk Adventure games with our little band. We've around 40 members at last count. All friendly folk. I know, from 'speaking' with you before, how much you love Adventure games.

We've two Adventure game giveaway contests on the go at the moment as well. One just involves entering and saying something brief about the website, and the other is a screenshot i.d. competition, where a drawing for a new Adventure game is made from the top six scorers.

Hope to see you over there.

Lewton

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Thanks Stonic. That's marvellous.