Thread: 2010 Jaguar High Score Club Competition! Dust Off Your Jag And Have Some Fun! ;-d

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs down 2010 Jaguar High Score Club Competition! Dust Off Your Jag And Have Some Fun! ;-d

Jaguar High Score Club - Year 2010 Information. :-) 24 Games. New Points System. New Rules. ;-)

Hey there. So I've been doing some thinking on how the High Score Club should go in 2010. My main priority is getting more players to join us. With that in mind, I've chosen 24 Jaguar games that we will play in 2010. 2 per month, with both games given the full month for people to play and add scores.

In choosing these 24 games, I used the following criteria. The games must be common, they must be affordable, they must be atleast decent and fun games. Here they are.

Alien vs. Predator
    CyberMorph
    Iron Soldier
    Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
    Ruiner Pinball
    Super Burnout
    Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy
    Zool 2
    Raiden
    I-War
    Pinball Fantasies
    Flashback
    Flip Out!
    Zoop
    Doom
    HoverStrike
    Wolfenstein 3D
    Missile Command 3D
    Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tails
    Evolution: Dino Dudes
    Ultra Vortek
    Power Drive Rally
    Attack of the Mutant Penguins
    Tempest 2000

I will choose 2 games from this list every month, and all I will do is pick the 2 games starting from the top and work downward as the year progresses. So it looks like January will see AvP and CyberMorph contested, whereas February will see Iron Soldier and Pitfall contested.

Hopefully many new players will join us. I have thought up some more changes as well to hopefully make things even better.

No emulators allowed. This is to ensure we are all on a level playing field. I noticed on Youtube videos that some people's computers are fast enough to play Jag games at faster speeds than they actually play on a Jaguar. On the other hand I see vids of people using a Jag emu on a slow computer and it handicaps them. Safest to just play the real thing.

Also, for all games, only the stock Jaguar controller will be allowed to be used. For games like Tempest 2000, people with a rotary have an unfair advantage, and most people do not have a rotary because they are rare and expensive. Same with rapid fire controllers. So all games, we shall use the Stock Jag pad. No Pro Controllers allowed either! This is to ensure a level playing field.

The points system. Here is the new points system for 2010:

1st) 15 points
    2nd) 14 points
    3rd) 13 points
    4th) 12 points
    5th) 11 points
    6th) 10 points
    7th) 9 points
    8th) 8 points
    9th) 7 points
    10th) 6 points
    11th) 5 points
    12th) 4 points
    13th) 3 points
    14th) 2 points
    15th) 1 point

Everyone after 15th place gets 1 point.

I haven't decided yet if I will give out money prizes to high points finishers at the end of 2010, but mostly likely there will be prizes, cash or otherwise, at the end of the year.

Another thing, I will have a time limit on most of the games we are contesting. Most people simply do not have the time to play these games for hours. For instance, for AvP, I'd like the contest to be: Play as the Predator from the beginning and see how many points you can score in 1 hour. Again, this is to make the Jaguar High Score Club accessible to everyone to compete; Even people with limited time and money. Which I think that is most of us these days!

To clarify, the points will only be given out to those who compete in the 2 games being played that month. After that month is over, people may still submit scores, but they will only get 1 participation point no matter how good their score, UNLESS they get the HIGH score, then they will get another point, in addition to the participation point.

Also, to clarify, no cheats of any kind are allowed! We do go by the honor system here, but if you submit crazy high scores constantly, I will have to ask for proof that you are THAT good at video games. A video or 2 of you playing would do the trick.

Most importantly. HAVE FUN.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic...0-information/

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR | CYBERMORPH JANUARY 2010 JAG HIGH SCORE CLUB

Alright, so here we go.

Play Cybermorph for 15 minutes - The 15 minutes starts when you begin flying in either the OTTO BAHN or CODEX world (You keep track of the time, we use the honor system here). No cheat codes. You may only play in the OTTO BAHN or CODEX worlds in the 1st level. It's up to you to decide the best strategy of how to play these 2 worlds. You can stay in one of the worlds for the whole 15 minutes if you like. Submit the high score you've obtained after 15 minutes of playing. You may attempt this as many times as you please throughout the month. GOOD LUCK!

Play Alien vs. Predator for 15 minutes - The 15 minutes starts when you begin moving as the Predator (You keep track of the time, we use the honor system here). No cheat codes, start a new game as the Predator. You are not allowed to use elevators, but you are allowed to access the Air-Lock. It's up to you to decide the best strategy. Submit the high score you've obtained after 15 minutes of playing. You may attempt this as many times as you please throughout the month. GOOD LUCK!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic...or-cybermorph/
    Last edited by Kevincal; 01-02-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I changed the rules a little bit! :P

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We are playing Iron Soldier and Pitall this month. We need more players BADLY so PLEASE come join us!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, I have been eyeing the boxed complete jaguar at the local thrift shop for quite some time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Somehow I missed this the first time it was announced but count me in. Pitfall and Iron Soldier this month? Can do...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Voliko View Post
    Hmm, I have been eyeing the boxed complete jaguar at the local thrift shop for quite some time...
    Really? If I had seen it, I'd have been all over that. I rarely find anything Jaguar related in thrifts, other than a loose console last year and a boxed AvP that reeked of cheap perfume for some reason.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kevincal, do you have the rules ready for February's contest? Count me in for an Iron Soldier attempt.
    Last edited by Drixxel; 02-03-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Really? If I had seen it, I'd have been all over that. I rarely find anything Jaguar related in thrifts, other than a loose console last year and a boxed AvP that reeked of cheap perfume for some reason.
    Yeah, it has been at this thrift in my town for almost half a year already, I even saw them mark the price down. No one's going for it, so maybe it is calling me...

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Drixxel View Post
    Kevincal, do you have the rules ready for February's contest? Count me in for an Iron Soldier attempt.
    Yup all you gotta do is start from the beginning of the game and rack up as many points in 15 minutes as you can!