Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2010 Finds

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The labe for that DC Half-Life demo looks a bit odd. Are you sure it's legit and not a printed label on a CD-R?

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I decided to go out of town, to Harker Heights, TX to see their dock sale.

Even though the finds look alright I was very disappointed. Their sale was maybe less than half the size of the one I go to in Waco. Anyway, onto the finds!

Starting with the most obvious "Holy crap how in the heck did you get that?" items I got those PS2s for $7 each. Both of the disc drive doors are busted on the systems. Why did I buy them then? Take a look, they both have network adapters attached (not to mention they came with that power cable on the lower right and one system has an official Sony 8mb PS2 memory card)

I wish Cakewalk was in that PC box on the lower right but all that's in there is the PC MIDI cables that originally went with it. Still useful for me at $1.

Also got Phantasmagoria, 4 discs (is that right?) and the first disc for Final Fantasy VII platium edition for PC. If anyone needs the FFVII disc shoot me a PM and we can work out something for it.

The meter thing in the middle is a Rat Shack "Micronta" brand SWR Field tester. These bring in the $15 range. The camera below it is very nice. It's a 7.1 MP Canon Powershot. I put batteries in it and it powers on, but the LCD shows only black. All of the picture taking options and stuff show up on the LCD, but it shows no actual image. I'm not sure what's wrong with it.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreadIsReal View Post
    Found a Sega Master System II at a local bookstore for $40. It is in mint condition with two controllers just does not have the box, I think I over paid a little for it but I have been looking for a model II for a while. Do you guys think it was at least a halfway decent deal?

Here is a link to a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44857338@N06/4249247913/
    Damn, I'm jealous of this find.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Strawberry (Level 2) cityside75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Almost let an R9 pass me by. I was at a local store the other day and noticed an unusual cartridge labeled Entex. My internal alarm rang about it, but for some reason I put it back down and figured I'd check on it later. Well I went to a few other places and of course completely forgot about it until today. I checked the rarity guide and it's listed as an R9! Surely it wouldn't still be there....but alas it was.

Space Invader 2 - Entex Select-A-Game - $4.98

Didn't see the system anywhere, but I may go back and do a little more digging later on.

Not sure what I'll do with it yet, I'd love to find someone in need of the game and work something out.

Edit - I should mention this is my first ever R9! Woohoo!

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nothing special, did a quick run out today:

Genesis - Pirate's Gold (boxed) - 1.98
    PS2 - Persona 3 FES (complete) - 14

Already got a complete pirates gold so I'll end up just selling or trading this one I think. Been wanting to play Persona 3 for a while so I picked it up. No clue what a fair price was for it, 14 seemed just fine.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I decided to leave earlier than usual. And I guess I scored good stuff today.

The Neverhood - NEW AND SEALED - $4 (down from $5)
    Final Fantasy VII CIB - $3
    The Lost Treasures Of Infocom CIB (3.5"/5.25" floppy version, this thing weighs more than a friggin' phone book) - $5

DVDs: The Stabilizer (The Drunken Master's Grand Theft Auto!), Afraid To Die - $2 each
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade soundtrack - $1
    Thief Gold - $1.50
    USB PC Transfer cable NIB - $3

---
    Other notes: One guy had several Dreamcast games around for $5 each. Skies of Arcadia... was missing disc 1. I figured I'd pick up Shenmue but when he got it he raised the price to $10. "You said $5 a game!" "Well this has two games!" "The hell it does! It's the same game!" So I left it.

The booth where I picked up those DVDs had lots of weird gems. I left behind a ton of good DVDs... because I wasn't sure if I could afford them. I regret it now. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    @ The 1 2 P

Holy cow! You picked up a beta dreamcast disc of an unreleased game? That's just amazing. I've still yet to find any beta or unreleased games. I think the rarest game I own is around a 6 or so.

There were a handful of retail copies made. I've seen pics of a manual/rear insert, and know someone who's got access to a sealed one and according to them, it was one of about a dozen in that initial pressing.

The label does look a bit off, but it wasn't a standard released demo, if anything its some kind of E3 demo,and those had all kinds of random labels, as they were 'locked' into machines for people to play so it didn't matter what they really looked like. The bigger question is if its really on a GD-Rom. That would raise the likelyhood of it being legit.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    stuff
    Dude...so jealous of the Neverhood. SO FREAKING JEALOUS. I want that game with my boxed pc collection. The infocom pickup is mighty impressive as well. It's not going to be found on ebay for any less than 100 bucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin- View Post
    Dude...so jealous of the Neverhood. SO FREAKING JEALOUS. I want that game with my boxed pc collection. The infocom pickup is mighty impressive as well. It's not going to be found on ebay for any less than 100 bucks.
    Actually, the last time I sold one, it didn't go for more than $40.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2 Japanese PS2 games: $2.00 a piece: Really water Damaged but i'm not complaining for the price
    3 Boxed NES Games: A whopping 0.99 cents a piece

TRINITRON: A pocket tearing $80.00. If it weren't the exact same TV I had before but slightly bigger with S-video I wouldn't have shelled out that much. Now I can enjoy my dreamcast and N64 in S-Video like they were meant to be played in instead of the composite I was using like a cave man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a boxed Colecovision today in from an auction I won from the Goodwill site

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to a few different Gamestop's today and first exchanged the open-new copy of Tekken 6 I bought with a factory sealed copy. I then bought Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Sith Edition for $20 and picked up the Dreamcast Gameshark from Goodwill for $2.50.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 01-06-2010 at 05:53 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, the last time I sold one, it didn't go for more than $40.
    First Skullmonkeys, now The Neverhood... sealed. Good grief man, I need to move to your zipcode, the difference between here and where you apparently are is disgusting as far as thrifting goes.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Wow, nice find on the sealed Neverhood Kitsune. 0_0

Hellvin enjoy Persona 3, one of the best RPGs I have ever played, I put around 100 hours into it and another 200 into Persona 4.

I'll probably hit up Hollywood Video for the $5 sale one last time since its ending today. Finds have been really dry around here compared to you guys lately.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I decided to leave earlier than usual. And I guess I scored good stuff today.

God, Kitsune.

I was happy about finding a mint jewelcased The Neverhood a few weeks ago.

I bet sealed The Neverhood has to be worth at least $100. And of course Infocom Treasures is worth a bit and FFVII of course. I bet you have at least $200 of stuff right there.

Damn.

/me hopes to outdo Kistune at the Goodwill dock sale tomorrow even though it'll be like 15 degrees outside.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post

God, Kitsune.

I was happy about finding a mint jewelcased The Neverhood a few weeks ago.

I bet sealed The Neverhood has to be worth at least $100. And of course Infocom Treasures is worth a bit and FFVII of course. I bet you have at least $200 of stuff right there.

Damn.

/me hopes to outdo Kistune at the Goodwill dock sale tomorrow even though it'll be like 15 degrees outside.
    Well, I sell these to pay the bills and this month is going to be BRUTAL. I have to pay our property taxes, and I'm having a wisdom tooth extracted on Friday, so that means no flea market hunting for a few days.

And there's LOTS of competition around here. I see at least three or four people who hunt for the same kind of crap I sell. In fact, I think at least one of them knows about my little eBay business...

Good luck on the dock sale, by the way. That's ONE thing that I'm jealous of - there's no Goodwills where I live.

(If anyone's curious, I own another copy of Lost Treasures of Infocom, but that's -my- copy. All the manuals and inserts are sealed, and it didn't include 5.25" floppies.)
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 01-06-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was just cleaning up the collection a little bit so I could continue inventory and I came across something I didn't even know I owned.

I can't remember where I got this at all. It's apparently Gradius II from the sticker on the top of the cart. I'm guessing this is a run of the mill pirate cart? I don't think it's an official release. I checked in the DP database and the game is shown being released in Japan and Brazil but I can't find a reference on the cart for either company. Any clues? Both the DP listings say it's a black famicom cart and that's the only part that seems to fit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

You'll probably be able to flea market hunt the next day after your wisdom teeth. Got mine removed on the 30th, I was completely out of it the first day but the next day I was able to go to new year's parties. It was fine other than I couldn't eat any food or drink. Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    You'll probably be able to flea market hunt the next day after your wisdom teeth. Got mine removed on the 30th, I was completely out of it the first day but the next day I was able to go to new year's parties. It was fine other than I couldn't eat any food or drink. Good luck!
    My tooth is half-broken. I'm probably going to spend the whole weekend watching movies in bed because the doctor is going to have to do some weird stuff in there. :P

Thanks for the well-wishes.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hellvin, I'm pretty sure that's a bootleg cart. The top label is attrocious and the illustration is sideways. To top it off, it's a black NES cart, which is different from a Famicom cart.

Kitsune, good luck on that tooth. If you don't feel like watching movies, play some nice, quiet Zork!