Thread: FS/FO: Unreleased NES Game, 8 GB protos, MUSHA Genny proto

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS/FO: Unreleased NES Game, 8 GB protos, MUSHA Genny proto

Hi guys,

Our group is very close to finishing up our release for Kitty's Catch, and I'm realizing now that although this game is really cool to have, it's not really a release I could bring to the community in the capacity that I would like. I'm not desperate to sell by any means, but I'm open to hearing offers.

I'd consider trades, but it would really need to be something substantial for me to part with this, and I'd only be looking for trades of equal rarity.

If you're interested and have a dollar amount in mind, shoot me a PM and we can more than likely work something out. All the information that you could possibly want to know about this game can be found in the write up I did here: http://www.unseen64.net/2009/06/27/a...nes-cancelled/

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread or in PM, and thanks for checking this out!
    Last edited by mrmark0673; 01-10-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Didn't this proto have a red label akin to other Activision protos like the Archon you have? Or am I losing my marbles again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Didn't this proto have a red label akin to other Activision protos like the Archon you have? Or am I losing my marbles again.
    Naw, it just has this weird, ghetto-ass hand written label. I'll see if I can snap a better pic so the text can be read, but the low quality glue makes taking a pic tough.

I'll update in a minute.

Edit: This is the best I could do

I'm guessing the reason this never saw a release it because no one wanted to buying anything developed by a company called "source the software house".

It's dated June of 1991 if anyone was interested.
    Last edited by mrmark0673; 01-01-2010 at 07:21 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Source The Software House ported games to the C64, Amiga and Atari ST, but also did sound in several games.

MobyGames lists them as developers on Predator (Amiga, ZX Spectrum, CPC, C64, Atari ST) and Rainbow Warrior (ST, Amiga, C64).
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just going to bump this once to see if there is any interest at all. I was thinking in the ballpark of $1.5k if that would help folks decide one way or another if they were interested in purchasing it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Wow. Isn't that a lot to ask? It's very incomplete.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Were those screen shots made with an emulator?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It looks like Mark is busy at work, so I'll jump in here for a bit and try and tie up some loose ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Wow. Isn't that a lot to ask? It's very incomplete.
    It's certainly a lot, but that's what we paid unfortunately. The game is incomplete by multi-game standards as only four of the six titles are present at all, and only one of which appears to be complete.

The price is more for the historical value than game play action. The price is steep, but we're open to offers.

I wish that:
    - The games were more complete
    - We didn't pay so much for it in the first place

When we first bought it we were hoping to "Finish" it Hoppin' Mad style. With our Kitty's Catch release due out later this month, we just don't have the time. We were hoping someone else would be up for the task.

Quote Originally Posted by TRM View Post
    Were those screen shots made with an emulator?
    Yes sir. Every prototype that comes through our hands is backed up immediately. The dump would be sent along with the prototype with the understanding that the owner can do as they please with it. Mark and I are the only two with the ROM, and our reps would be destroyed if we did anything shady with it.

I hope that helps fill in some holes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    When we first bought it we were hoping to "Finish" it Hoppin' Mad style. With our Kitty's Catch release due out later this month, we just don't have the time. We were hoping someone else would be up for the task.
    It would be cool if someone could/would finish it up, at least the four games that are programmed. Seeing as the games are pretty generic (pong, etc), I would think that it would not be so hard to work with it a bit. Can't wait to see the Kitty's Catch release either...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    It's certainly a lot, but that's what we paid unfortunately.
    Fair enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, basically what Matt said. The price is what I would normally pay for complete unreleased games, but for what it's worth that is how much I paid for it and it is a pretty neat collection piece.

TRM: The games are definitely on the simple side, and Tennis appears to be 100% complete. The other games, although only demos for the most part, seem to have all the bits and pieces to be completed, but the programmers just didn't get to them. If some talented homebrewer could add some collision detection and an "end" to the levels shown in the 3 unfinished game, they'd have a neat little multi-cart that would resemble something like a Garage Cart or a Myriad/Caltron.

If people think the price is too high, I'm most certainly open to serious offers, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if I ended up keeping this guy. Let me know if anyone else has any questions/wants to see more pics/etc. and thanks for checking out the thread!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a few more things up for sale:

First up: 8 DIFFERENT builds of Activision's Heavyweight Championship Boxing for Game Boy. $100 OBO

A neat little set of protos, 7 of which are WIPs at different stages in development, followed by a EPROM of the final version burnt before production. I think the price is reasonable for 8 protos at $12.50 a piece.

Lastly: MUSHA Genesis prototype. $250 OBO

I don't know a whole about this proto as I don't have the final build to compare it to. It's a very tough game to track down in it's completed form, and I know a lot of collectors would love to have this on their shelf.

Arcadia VI is still available as well at the intial asking price of $1.5k OBO

Thanks for taking a look, feel free to ask any questions!