Thread: Shipping Costs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Shipping Costs?

I have never sold here before (usually on Ebay) but i'm gonna sell some games here soon and just trying to get an idea on how to do the shipping costs. Like add them in or add it after, etc. Right off the bat, it's not convenient or cost efficient for me to run down to the post office just to get a shipping quote. I'd rather have some sort of system. I don't want to charge to much or not enough. It's mainly just some NES, Genesis, N64, Snes carts.

Maybe i'm over analyzing this and making something simple more complicated lol. What do the rest of you sellers do? Do you have a system?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

If they are buying a single game charge something like $3 for the shipping cost, that will cover it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

If you ship a loose n64, snes, nes or genesis cart in a bubble pack first class mail it will run you about $2.50. If you wanna factor in the cost of tape and the bubble pack then $3 to $4 is a good price to charge.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The way I do it is this. I set blanket prices for all of my game items unless they're something big like systems or controllers or something. Feel free to use my pricing if you want.

$4.00 united states
    $6.00 To Canada
    $10.00 All other countries

NO SHIPPING TO BRAZIL OR ITALY ( Black Holes for All Mail )

I've got a 4.8/5 on my shipping on ebay so I guess i set my shipping prices just right. I also don't combine shipping. Cuts your profits down to nothing on those $1.00 games.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    I've got a 4.8/5 on my shipping on ebay so I guess i set my shipping prices just right. I also don't combine shipping. Cuts your profits down to nothing on those $1.00 games.
    I've found that not combining shipping makes buyers less interested in my stuff, or more prone to leave a low shipping rating because of the cost. ESPECIALLY when I have several items of value listed (or even if they're related somehow.)

I wouldn't buy an item from you because you don't combine shipping. I'd ask first, and if you say no, then I look elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Combining shipping shouldn't cut into your profits. Your shipping price should reflect how much it actually costs to ship.

Although I haven't sold on ebay in years, does ebay require you to use the shipping price of one listing?
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Combining shipping shouldn't cut into your profits. Your shipping price should reflect how much it actually costs to ship.

Although I haven't sold on ebay in years, does ebay require you to use the shipping price of one listing?
    There's still people that make profits off excess shipping charges.

And no, you can have multiple items included in one invoice and it'll add up all the shipping costs for each item. And then it shows you a "Shipping discount" box so you can lower the price.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

I don't disagree, but I do not think people should complain that they make less of a profit off shipping when they should, in reality be solely covering costs.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    I don't disagree, but I do not think people should complain that they make less of a profit off shipping when they should, in reality be solely covering costs.
    Yeah, I totally agree with you. Also, that post was #1666. Devil. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was more due to people not paying for their items. I made everything require immediate payment and because of that, no combined shipping. It really got on my nerves when I had to wait weeks just to relist an item because someone wouldn't pay for it.

I might change my policy soon though. I've got A LOT of items at $1.00 and $4.00 shipping and this may be why.
    Last edited by wingzrow; 01-05-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Yeah, combined shipping is a way for me to keep per piece cost down on what I'm current looking for (NES boxes and manuals). I know a seller can easily fit a second manual into an envelope with the first at no addition cost to them so why pay extra?

Wingzrow, you might want to be more aggressive with your payment times. Since it's all Paypal, little excuse to wait more than a day or two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aside from putting a disclaimer up saying i'm going to relist things after 3 days what could I do? I have to wait a week to file a non paying buyer complaint and then another week to get a final face value.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Yeah, combined shipping is a way for me to keep per piece cost down on what I'm current looking for (NES boxes and manuals). I know a seller can easily fit a second manual into an envelope with the first at no addition cost to them so why pay extra?

Wingzrow, you might want to be more aggressive with your payment times. Since it's all Paypal, little excuse to wait more than a day or two.
    Aside from putting a disclaimer up saying i'm going to relist things after 3 days what could I do? I have to wait a week to file a non paying buyer complaint and then another week to get a final face value.
    And technically the 'non paying buyer complaint' is a request for payment. You are not supposed to re-list an item while simultaneously requesting payment for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I may be new here but this place is so much different from Ebay. This is like a big gaming community where people just don't sell games, they are gamers themselves. For the most part people are super generous and don't usually overcharge for things. I'm sure there are a few shady people around, but i doubt many. So that's why i made this topic. I was looking at this place with a different state of mind then Ebay. I just didn't wan't to charge too much or too little. I myself am a gamer who is broke because i am going through a real bad video game addiction. I keep buying things with money i shouldn't be spending (bill money). Now i need to sell some things before i screw myself. And the fact i have a crappy job and never have any money to begin with. lol

I didn't want to charge too much so nobody wants to buy anything, or too little so i don't make any money. I'm so broke going to the post office costs money lol. That's why i needed a system.

I should be selling some stuff soon. Still trying to get everything together.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Shows how much I sell on eBay (Achi does it all).

Me personally, I would relist it because I would not expect the NPB to do jack and shit. Just keep rolling ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

ya when i have a non paying bidder, i generally just relist the item and sell it because i dont feel like waiting the 2 weeks for the fvf credit. i lose a few bucks but move my inventory which is more important to me.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

It was more due to people not paying for their items. I made everything require immediate payment and because of that, no combined shipping. It really got on my nerves when I had to wait weeks just to relist an item because someone wouldn't pay for it.

I might change my policy soon though. I've got A LOT of items at $1.00 and $4.00 shipping and this may be why.
    If people buy several items from me and they have fixed shipping, I simply refund the excess shipping after it's been sent and apologize for charging too much. It's not an end-all solution, but it does make the buyer happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know, I DID try that and for awhile it worked out. Eventually though I had so much stock moving that it was more trouble than it was worth for me to keep track of.