1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

Default Sega Saturn Region Switch Mod

I'm wanting to get my Saturn region modded within the next couple months. The kind so I can switch between Japan, EU, and USA with the flick of a switch.

Just curious if anyone here is willing to do the job, and/or point to somewhere that can?

If so, how much is it gonna cost? Please try to include return shipping in the total, if it's possible.
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can do them, Im sure a few others here can too, but the amount you would spend on it would cost you more then if you simply settled down on a Pro Action Replay 4n1. Regardless, I do believe the Saturn FAQ has the info on what jumpers to remove, ect, and Gamesx probably has the info also if you decide to do it yourself. You'll need to pick up a solid DPDT rocker switch for the mod, and have a dremel kit and fine tip solder iron handy. Radio Shack sells the switches cheap, probably a decent iron for the job too can be had there. Big Lots used to carry a nice small dremel kit for 10 bucks too. If you were interested in doing the mod yourself it would be a good experience in learning how stuff is done, ect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You could always rip your games to your PC and patch the backups with whatever region you want. It's a pain but it's an option if you can use the swap trick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

Quote Originally Posted by PC-ENGINE HELL View Post
    I can do them, Im sure a few others here can too, but the amount you would spend on it would cost you more then if you simply settled down on a Pro Action Replay 4n1. Regardless, I do believe the Saturn FAQ has the info on what jumpers to remove, ect, and Gamesx probably has the info also if you decide to do it yourself. You'll need to pick up a solid DPDT rocker switch for the mod, and have a dremel kit and fine tip solder iron handy. Radio Shack sells the switches cheap, probably a decent iron for the job too can be had there. Big Lots used to carry a nice small dremel kit for 10 bucks too. If you were interested in doing the mod yourself it would be a good experience in learning how stuff is done, ect.
    I'd prefer to have the mod done, as opposed to a PAR, because I don't want my cartridge pins stretched, as it's a third party cart. I want to continue to use my Netlink, my official Sega memory cart, and obviously the RAM carts for Capcom/SNK fighters. I know it's going to cost me more than the cart.

How much would you charge PC-Engine?
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive never had a issue of having the cart pins stretched, or bent improperly inwards due to using a PAR 4n1. Honestly the pcbs on those slide right in with utter ease, just the same as any Capcom or SNK ramcart would, let alone any others. If I was to do the mod, I would charge $50 to do the work. That may be deemed a tad expensive, but I don't enjoy taking apart saturns. Depending on the revision, some of them are more of a pain to do then others on the region mod. You would also have to send a US game disc, and a JP disc also so I could make sure the mod work is solid. I don't keep any Saturn stuff around anymore. The last deck I modded was for Nectarsis, and that was quite awhile back.

Before resorting to me though Id highly suggest hitting up the Sega-16 forums first to see if someone there is willing to do the mod cheaper then me. Explore your options completely is the best advice I can give. Shipping cost for back and forth in the USA is prob going to run you around $30 bucks total as it is, so try to save as much cash as you can.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey cloud121 dont let PC-ENGINE HELL do the work for you!! He is a sad duche and thinks he's better than everyone out there, because he can talk shit over the internet. If you want this mod done pm ooXxXoo he does a great job!! Just got my first gen genesis back from him and it is perfect! plus?? im not sure PC-ENGINE HELL are you still to buisy with you GI-JOE doll's? But yeah, get ahold of him he will do it for 40 bucks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazerboyz View Post
    Hey cloud121 dont let PC-ENGINE HELL do the work for you!! He is a sad duche and thinks he's better than everyone out there, because he can talk shit over the internet. If you want this mod done pm ooXxXoo he does a great job!! Just got my first gen genesis back from him and it is perfect! plus?? im not sure PC-ENGINE HELL are you still to buisy with you GI-JOE doll's? But yeah, get ahold of him he will do it for 40 bucks
    Im just tooooooo busy when it comes to you guy, just you. :P Im surprised you weren't banned. I think that other account of yours was.... At any rate, I think it flew past you that I recommended he shop around, as he may find someone to do it cheaper. Im still a bit busy with other things, but if the guy cant find anyone else to do it for him, then I am willing. Clearly Im not ecstatic or eager to do it, cant you tell blazergirlz?

Quote Originally Posted by blazerboyz
    i like how you cut me down fag!!! i am so sorry you cant do the mod on my genesis cuz your to buisy with GI-joes...... You just make me feel good that i dont take it up the ass like!! you do!!! oh hey better get back to your gijoe shit maybe your sisters barbie is fuckin you gijoe...UHHHHOHHH what will ken think?? dont fuckin cut me down im not the 30yr old livin at my moms playin with my self to fuckin doll's do me a favor imediatly get in your geo metro and run it stright into a fuckin wall BITCH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerboyz
    I THOUGHT IT BE A KEWL QUESTION TO ASK, HEY GUYZ I OWN A HOUSE.
    Last edited by PC-ENGINE HELL; 01-07-2010 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

You have no credibility here and everyone knows it, your opinion on anyone here is useless, I am sure your on your way to a ban. Jumping in to discredit someone without any real proof is a not acceptable. Grow up loser. In fact your obvious attempt to discredit PC-ENGINE HELL would just compel me even more to do business with him, go play somewhere your type is more appreciated like gamefaqs.com............
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolGamer View Post
    You have no credibility here and everyone knows it, your opinion on anyone here is useless, I am sure your on your way to a ban. Jumping in to discredit someone without any real proof is a not acceptable. Grow up loser. In fact your obvious attempt to discredit PC-ENGINE HELL would just compel me even more to do business with him, go play somewhere your type is more appreciated like gamefaqs.com............
    CRY CRY CRY!!! Awwww you guys can't take the heat? What's the matter, keep cryin tho all this shit ammuses me. Because all you got to do in your little shitty live's is type punch's to me over the internet...OHH NO OWIEEE YOUR HURTING STOP!!!!! Whatever you little shit's, Hey keep it real tho PC-ENGINE HELL make sure you GI-JOE's kung fu grip work's. HAHAHA Yor like 40 right???? HEHEHE GI-Joe's FAGET LATER PC-ENGINE SMELL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really luv you guys, pwease let me b in ur kewl club. You guys r like my role models an shit. Oh yea, I own a house. Luv u forevah........
    Your pal Skewba Steve aka blazergirl
    P.S. if you dont mod my system for me or let me b in yer club Im gonna cry and rant on the net about it, so pwease let me join,k?
    You speak such wonderful sweet nothings to us with that silver tongue of yours dear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

CRY CRY CRY!!! Awwww you guys can't take the heat? What's the matter, keep cryin tho all this shit ammuses me. Because all you got to do in your little shitty live's is type punch's to me over the internet...OHH NO OWIEEE YOUR HURTING STOP!!!!! Whatever you little shit's, Hey keep it real tho PC-ENGINE HELL make sure you GI-JOE's kung fu grip work's. HAHAHA Yor like 40 right???? HEHEHE GI-Joe's FAGET LATER PC-ENGINE SMELL
    Ha Ha, wonderful! You obviously have no interest in being here as you seem to be trying to get banned, you started the trouble in this thread, either you are under the age of 15 or a mental midget, we have no lives yet HERE YOU ARE going on and on lol! If YOU had a life you would not be responding/replying would you? Nobodies crying buddy, we are just as amused by your immature posts...........
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Goddamn, Blazerboyzzzzzz is probably the most immature member I've seen here since Fighter17. It's like he came out of the comments of a YouTube video or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    GUY WAS SUPPOSE TO PLAYABLE IN THE GAME
    My collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloBoy View Post
    Goddamn, Blazerboyzzzzzz is probably the most immature member I've seen here since Fighter17. It's like he came out of the comments of a YouTube video or something.
    That about sums it up. I find it funny that such losers attempt to be a part of communities like this just to end up pissing everyone off and burning their bridges, if you want to be a part of a mature helpful Classic gaming community there are not as many choices as some would think. Ah well, a person is who they are and they cannot fake it or hide their true personality for long........
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, got to give the girl props making me laugh pretty hard with that house bit. That really came out of nowhere, I couldn't stop laughing. It wasn't topped for me until he sent me that pm. My thing with him too is he thinks people should have to mod his stuff. Just because we can do it doesn't mean we want to or have to. We have lives too, so sometimes we just don't want to mess with the stuff. If I don't even want to work on my own systems, its just not likely I'm going to work on someone elses stuff too anytime soon. Sucks, but that's simply how it is.