Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Batman Arkham City

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I keep trying to get hyped for the game but I can't. I loved the first game but for whatever reason I just can't get in the mood for the new one.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Yeah, don't like the Harley design, but was pretty much over it in the first game.

Though, I must admit, the tattoo on her waist is pretty fantastic.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Rock View Post
    I keep trying to get hyped for the game but I can't. I loved the first game but for whatever reason I just can't get in the mood for the new one.

lol same, i know the game is going to be amazing and i already payed off my copy of this game on onlive months ago...but i still dont give a fuck lol

im buying it cuz i know im going to love it. probably more so than the first one, but i just cant get pumped up about it for whatever reason
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Walmart.com has a deal where you get a free copy of Arkham Asylum bundled with Arkham City and a free $10 gift card. But as far as I can tell it's only for the 360 version.

EDIT: It's suppose to be for both systems according to the links on google.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 10-17-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game is getting crazy high review scores across the board. Damn, I hate buying games new but I may have to bite on this one...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I have to agree with Flashback. That is not Harley Quinn. That is generic goth girl #472.
    And yet she looks more like Harley Quinn than her current comic book incarnation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I picked this up today at Best Buy, unfortunately for me they were out of the PS3 SE and only had it for the 360, oh well it saved me $50. Anyway, been really enjoying the game so far, it's a lot more open than Arkham Asylum and you're free to practically go anywhere you want. It's a blast just zipping all around the city with the grappling gun, as well as gliding around and then swooping down to take an unsuspecting enemy out.

In short: It's the open world Batman game everyone has been waiting for.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

I wish I had time to play this. I'm still spending most of my free time with Gears 3 and Age of Empires Online. Not to mention "GOTY", Battlefield 3 comes out next week. Arkham City will have to wait. Looks great though.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Insert Coin (Level 0) wfnjstallion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not an early adopter, i think the last game I needed to have at launch was Goldeneye Wii (pure nostalgia buy) but Arkham City was a must buy at midnight. I even took off of work today to explore. After several hours I can see why the reviews are so positive. It looks amazing and there is just so much to do. This is the month of Arkham City in this house, sorry Max Payne 2 you have been shelved again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Managed to get about 40 minutes of play time in last night (after downloading the friggin Catwoman content which took an hour based on the zillion people that were simultaneously downloading it).

Everything about the first 40 minutes seems pretty epic.

No time wasted putting you in contact with top-tier rogues like Two-Face, Penguin and ... CALENDAR MAN!!!! .... *cough*

Awesome awesome stuff.

The Riddler trophies seem to be just EVERYWHERE ... I have a feeling that once I'm done with the core story that I'm going to really enjoy taking the time to collect them all based on how beautiful the city is and how fluid the control mechanics are.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've been playing since yesterday afternoon. Honestly, I'm not really finding the game that interesting. Arkham Asylum drew me right from the get go and held my attention for the entire duration of the story. Arkham City just strikes me as Arkham Asylum: Wild World.

And goddamn do I hate Grey DeLisle's voice.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'm at the second portion of the game where you control Catwoman and while it's a great game, I also find Arkham Asylum to be a much better game. Arkham Asylum was also open world, but it was much more contained making a more enjoyable experience.

I'm pretty pissed off about the single player pass that unlocks Catwoman content. The content not being on disc is pretty major in my opinion, especially given how much I've seen and I'm hardly even that far in the game.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One deal I think is the best. Is Kmart. You have to sign up for there shop you way rewards at customer service before you begin your transaction. Once you get your card you go get the game and scan the card first at the register then scan the game when you buy it.

A $30.00 gaming coupon will print out. That can be used after the 23rd. Also a 10.00 gaming coupon for the new lord of the rings game will print.

So when battlefeild 3 or modernwarfare 3 you can use the coupon for 30.00 off. The 30.00 coupon can be used on any game at kmart. Over the past year Kmart has been offering gaming coupons on most all new releases. I am sure batt 3 and mw3 will have 20.00 coupons as well. Come ride the coupon train.

Every one knows kmart can be ghetto so you have to find one that got there stuff together. Get your gameplan together. You can clean up and get games oin the cheap riding kmarts coupon train.

A lot of these deals wont be in kmart circular. The rep post them on his facebook and cag just for gamers.
    neo geo system

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

That's where I got mine. Dark Souls got $20, which I used on Dead Rising 2 and got $15, which I used on Batman for $30. I'll be using that on Uncharted and get $20 which will be used on Saints Row the Third, and since nothing else will come out for awhile, I'll use the $20 from Saints Row one an older game.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I'm deeper into the game now and besides a few annoyances that are generally my fault, I've been completely drawn into the game. If I don't get lost solving Riddler's riddles, I'm frantically rushing to payphones answer Zsasz calls, or getting involved in one of the VR trainings, or doing a sidequest and end up completely forgetting about doing the main story.

As much as I loved Arkham Asylum, this is already better in almost every way, I truly feel like I am the Caped Crusader and almost want to shout out "I am Batman!." Rocksteady has outdone themselves and now sure how much better things can get if they decide to make this a trilogy.

As for the Catwoman DLC, I will agree that it's a low blow, but I'd blame WB Studios before putting the blame on Rocksteady. Regardless, WB struck a deal with Gamestop where people will still get DLC voucher code printed on their receipt when buying the game used, so it's not nearly as big of a deal as people are making it seem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I'm also deeper in on day two, not by much, but enough to find that City has a much MUCH different feel than Asylum in terms of sandboxy-ness.

Not a bad thing at all, but I'm similarly finding myself getting distracted in the midst of getting from point A to point B on any urgent core story mission ... though, I think that while the game puts an onus of bat-responsibility on the player to get to your core story duty, it's really just there to keep you moving in the right direction, ultimately you've got yourself a game closer to something like inFamous or GTA4 where you can take your time and tool around as much as you want even though it doesn't really feel like it.

I can see how it might put of those who enjoyed the slightly more linear but back-tracky Asylum, but I think it's spectacular stuff so far ... there's just SO much to do, and getting into those massive 20 thug battles when you're really comfortable with the combat system flow is just awesome to watch (especially with Catwoman)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Just beat it and I know it's cliche, but they only way to describe it as is epic. It felt like I was playing an episode TAS, it was all done soo damn well, it amazes me that they were able get soo many villains in the game without it feeling crammed. Not sure how Rockstead did it, but this game makes Arkham Asylum look like complete garbage in comparison, so kudos to them for making one of the few games this gen that was worth every penny.
    Last edited by exit; 10-22-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

It's the first plus GTA sandbox. I am torn whether or not I like it better than the first. Right now, no, but it's still very good.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So the game rips off Escape from New York. So what? Holy crap, Arkham City is awesome.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I'm pretty pissed off about the single player pass that unlocks Catwoman content. The content not being on disc is pretty major in my opinion, especially given how much I've seen and I'm hardly even that far in the game.
    For once I'm agreeing with kupomogli. I've never had a reason to use Xbox Live nor has my Xbox ever been connected to the internet. Imagine my surprise when I popped in the game and discovered that the Catwoman stuff was DLC and I was REQUIRED to be on Live to use it. This normally wouldn't be an issue but Catwoman is on the freaking back of the game box! At least include that content on the disc if it's going to be advertised on the box itself! (Yeah, I know the code was inside the game but I had to go to all the trouble of getting an account and finding something to hook my 360 to the net)

As for the game I think it's amazing. Rocksteady really outdid themselves with this game. Asylum was great but this game manages to be better than the original. The combat and controls feel smoother (although I understand that they are basically the same as the original... It feels like they tweaked something). The amount of locations you can see and visit and the number of villains that make an appearance is amazing. As has been said before they managed to put a lot of villains in the game without making it feel cluttered. With all the side missions and Riddler things you will be kept busy long after the main storyline is over. Without spoiling anything I'll say the ending is pretty epic, and I definitely didn't see what was going to happen.

I thought I'd point out one more thing.... If you scan around the middle-right side of the radio signal screen you'll find a channel with a female voice announcing a series of numbers. Is that part of a side mission or just some secret thing? I don't see anyone talking about that O_o
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!