Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Batman Arkham City

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by sheath View Post
    Thanks folks, I didn't know about the reverse glide, I've been screwing around with the zip line and coming up with nothing. The gel thing is going to solve a puzzle I thought was all about speed and double jump/rolling but couldn't get the last signal in time. Thanks for that too. Now I just need to figure out the one out in the water with the four cages that only have openings on top.
    It's not that hard. You can't hit the ground or any cage, but you're fine to land on the pad and there's something directly above you that you can grapple to.

Also, if you have not completed the AR missions, do those, complete them. They're a pain in the ass but when you finish them you'll get the high powered grapple which is very VERY important.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the last two were a pain, I had to quit and come back to them more than once each before I basically got lucky. There was a method to it, but I would never attempt to do that kind of stunt again in the game.

I must have been drinking too much to not notice something to grapple to above that puzzle, I thought that was the first thing I looked for when I saw openings on the tops of the cages. Silly me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Yeah, the last two were a pain, I had to quit and come back to them more than once each before I basically got lucky. There was a method to it, but I would never attempt to do that kind of stunt again in the game.

I must have been drinking too much to not notice something to grapple to above that puzzle, I thought that was the first thing I looked for when I saw openings on the tops of the cages. Silly me.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a crane up there that you can power grapple to stay in flight if I'm remembering the correct puzzle.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got a chance to check it. Yeah there was a crane there and the grapnel boost was the way to do it. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just thought I'd warn everybody. After beating the PC version to my satisfaction I traded it on Goozex for about 850 points, a better deal than elsewhere. A couple of weeks later the guy I traded it to messaged me saying that the game wouldn't let him activate it. We've been back and forth trying to troubleshoot for about a week now and I finally got him to email WB about it.

They responded that they will not allow a used game to be activated on a new PC, period, it is locked to one Live account F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Unbelievable. Now, just because I actually want this game to be playable on SOMEBODY's computer I'm trying to figure out how to get that exact copy back from this guy through the Goozex system, and I will have to buy points to give to him if that is even possible.

That pretty much does it folks, it's retro games only for me from now on. This is going to start happening more and more until it will be impossible to buy used games. I hope these companies all burn and sink into the sea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I just thought I'd warn everybody. After beating the PC version to my satisfaction I traded it on Goozex for about 850 points, a better deal than elsewhere. A couple of weeks later the guy I traded it to messaged me saying that the game wouldn't let him activate it. We've been back and forth trying to troubleshoot for about a week now and I finally got him to email WB about it.

They responded that they will not allow a used game to be activated on a new PC, period, it is locked to one Live account F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Unbelievable. Now, just because I actually want this game to be playable on SOMEBODY's computer I'm trying to figure out how to get that exact copy back from this guy through the Goozex system, and I will have to buy points to give to him if that is even possible.

That pretty much does it folks, it's retro games only for me from now on. This is going to start happening more and more until it will be impossible to buy used games. I hope these companies all burn and sink into the sea.
    So, what does not being able to be activated entail?

The game disc is completely useless? The user has to essentially buy a new full-priced version of the game that has not yet been "activated"?

Or, does the user have to purchase an online-pass type thing that is lower than the cost of a full retail copy will allow it to be activated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The game cannot be played at all without logging into the same Live account first.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Having recently returned to this game, I discovered something interesting about those annoying "find the phone missions". The idea is to go from a ringing to phone to another ringing phone to save someone who is about to be killed. Save enough people and Batman will track down Zsasz and bring an ending to the madness. Apparently, if you fail enough times (it was three for me, I've read others got it in five) in a row, Batman will have a "fuck this horseshit" moment and just track him down, easy peasy.