Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to a mediocre/bad game

Arcade Card Compatible Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For me it'd probably have to be Kasumi Ninja on the Jaguar. It's a terrible game but I get so much enjoyment out of how silly it is. Especially love how the final boss is basically a Power Rangers monster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember constantly playing through Inspector Gadget on the GBC... I always played switching between Brain and Penny and never used Inspector Gadget himself because his controls were (intentionally) awful! The music was interesting, from what I remember.

Strawberry (Level 2) starsoldier1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked the fighting game Deadly Arts for the N64 eventhough everyone I know hates it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a kid, I loved the "Happily Ever After" game for SNES. I have no idea why, as I've only heard terrible things about it since.

Perhaps it was because I was like six.

I can't even bring myself to try a ROM or buy a copy. I remember thinking "woah, this is fun." And I'm sure I'd be thinking something else if I played it now.

Strawberry (Level 2) Pezcore343's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

I also remember playing a few just got awful gameboy games back when I was a kid, not because I enjoyed them, but because they were there. I felt like I SHOULD be playing them. One of them was a Star Wars game which I could never get very far in at the ripe old age of 9.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

I can admit that Journey Escape isn't a great game, but it is still the very first game I play every single time I turn on my 2600. I still absolutely love that game.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Ace Daetaur

Another couple of mine:
    Deadly Towers (NES)
    Dragon Power (NES) - this was, I think, one of the earliest Dragon Ball translations

Both were tons of fun yet honestly bad.
    F.R.A.G. - Federation of Retro and Arcade Gamers
    F.R.A.G.'s website: RetroGameFederation

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    I can admit that Journey Escape isn't a great game, but it is still the very first game I play every single time I turn on my 2600. I still absolutely love that game.
    Oh yeah, I played that one quite a bit on mine when I was little. Sneak N Peek really sucked though.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've always loved Club Drive on the Jaguar, even though it's almost universally shitted upon. South Park Rally on the Dreamcast was another one people hated, but it's the first thing I fire up when I play the DC. That and Star Wars: Demolition, yet another one that gets dumped on.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    Oh yeah, I played that one quite a bit on mine when I was little. Sneak N Peek really sucked though.
    Ain't a damn thing wrong with Sneak 'n Peek. Best hiding spot = behind the open window.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

There was one boss I know I got to and every time I got there I always died, though. One day I'll put the effort into finishing the game.

Anyways. A newer game that I hate. The one player after finishing everything is absolute crap and will make me turn it off that instant, but multiplayer is the reason why it's so addicting. Dissidia Final Fantasy. Whenever me and friends are playing the game I'm always saying it sucks too, but I'm always saying one more match afterwards. It's not a good game, but you can't help to want to get just one more win.

Like was already mentioned. Devil May Cry 2, but also, Castlevania Lament of Innocence. People bash these two games a lot, but I actually really like them. DMC2 has a great level design if you ask me and really the battle system is sub par. I finished DMC2 on every difficulty on both discs. Once you finish both discs you unlock the ability to play as Trish. Trish plays exactly like Dante from the original DMC but you can also do the combos like you can on DMC2. So overall, getting Trish makes the game much better, although easier.

With Castlevania Lament of Innocence, people hate it because the doors lock forcing you to finish off the monsters. There is platforming, but not much, and what there is of it is good. However, the amazing gameplay is where it's at. Lament of Innocence, unlike the previous game I mentioned DMC2, has a worse level design and absolutely amazing battle system. I've played and beaten that through multiple times as I love how stringing combos together even when you have even a low set of combos to link. Then you unlock Joachim and play as him. Boring, as, shit. Back to Leon with the name @Crazy! OMFG BADASS. I LOVE THIS GAME! Seriously, I do.

I mainly dislike the FPS genre(Fallout 3 is badass,) and am always cussing while playing Unreal Tournament 3(another thing I don't like to do a lot which it's repeatedly while I'm playing that game.) However I'm really good at it. When I start playing it, I'll play on a regular basis. Last time I stopped playing it it was six months and then some one got me to play it once time and I was playing it regularly for a couple months. Now I stopped again and I'm planning on not playing it. However I know if I pick it up again I'll be on it for hours a day. I hate the game but I can't stop playing when I start.

Oh yeah. Last one. King's Knight for the NES. It's a sort of shoot em up type thing. It's impossible without getting the spell for every character and all four characters have to live, so if one dies, no sense playing another one. The game overall just sucks, but man it's pretty addicting. Near impossible to beat, obviously a crap game, and still somewhat fun to play.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 01-17-2010 at 12:46 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0) EColeman24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MissingNo_1231 View Post
    Every now and then I consider trying to beat E.T. for Atari, but every time I mention it my little brother slaps me, lol.

There are a lot of games I consider to be excellent, but that others aren't so crazy about. I'm not sure if those count, since this seems to be a question games we ourselves admit are not good and yet continuously play.
    E.T. on Atari was BEYOND horrible! I read an article that says the game was spit out in 24-36 hours so that may explain a lot right there.

I find myself drawn to Burger Time...yeah I know, I need

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My personal shame is Pariah for the Xbox. Gameplay is a pretty mediocre Halo ripoff at best, but what really puts it in the crapper is its "story line." Consider the plot twist where it is revealed that the bad guys have his daughter--the twist is that up until that point (the end of the game), the story makes no mention of any daughter! Despite this, I actually enjoy playing this game now, and have beaten it four or five times, usually as a co-op mission.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG, I just remembered two games which were way beyond bad, infact It's pretty safe to assume every gamer who has played them counts them as POS games.

Hydlide(damnit, I have a rep to uphold, one that states, I beat/destroy every RPG I play, so I kind've had no choice in the matter).

Then there's Dr. Jekyll, and Mr Hyde: Oh man boy does that game suck lol, but it being so annoyingly hard pissed me off to the point, that I had to keep trying until I beat it(I couldn't allow such a POS game to get the better of me. I hate that game so much, needless to say, after I beat it, I never touched the game ever again, as it probally ranks up there as one of the worst games of all time).
    Last edited by Zoltor; 01-17-2010 at 02:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

Shadow of the Beast!
    Aetherbyte: PC-Engine and more homebrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EColeman24 View Post
    E.T. on Atari was BEYOND horrible! I read an article that says the game was spit out in 24-36 hours so that may explain a lot right there.
    Good lord man, that's not true! It was 5-1/2 weeks. See http://www.digitpress.com/library/in...t_warshaw.html for more info.

And it was not beyond horrible. If you think that, try Scuba Diver/Skin Diver. *shiver*
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

I think alot of the flack that ET gets wouldnt happen if it wasnt some apparent retro gaming pop-culture acceptance ritual to go

E.T.? HAH THAT GAME BLOWS. LETS GO PEE ON THE LANDFILL WHERE THEY THREW EM OUT AT.

I thought it wasn't BAD. It was just boring after 10 minutes. You beat it once and there ain't much replay value.

and
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    OMG, I just remembered two games which were way beyond bad, infact It's pretty safe to assume every gamer who has played them counts them as POS games.

Hydlide(damnit, I have a rep to uphold, one that states, I beat/destroy every RPG I play, so I kind've had no choice in the matter).
    I love Hydlide. I own all of them, and have completed them all. The genesis port of 3 is one of my favorite genesis games!

hydlide is a charming, quirky, and fun series.
    Aetherbyte: PC-Engine and more homebrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I've always loved Club Drive on the Jaguar, even though it's almost universally shitted upon.
    Club Drive was AWESOME! Especially for the time it was released and the system it was released on.

My friend and I would waste hours on the game and have a blast. A "drive anywhere" racing game that was ahead of it's time. It had various modes of play and some awesome tracks and secrets. And how could anyone not love the iconic "brown box cat" that roamed the house?
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Strawberry (Level 2) Pezcore343's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pezcore343

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan View Post
    Shadow of the Beast!
    Looooove Shadow of the Beast, even thought I've only played the Genesis port.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I admit that I played Back to the Future (NES) every day until I finished it back in the day. And I even finished it like, two or three times. And now that I've come to my senses I will never play it again.