Thread: Anyone else ever had this problem? Out for delivery or available at PO Box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone else ever had this problem? Out for delivery or available at PO Box

I was supposed to receive a USPS package and the package had delivery confirmation on it. Unfortunately at some point there was some kind of problem. Now this is what the tracking says and has said for three weeks:

Bullet Delivery status not updated as of December 28, 2009, 11:03 pm
    Bullet Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, December 28, 2009, 9:03 am, OMAHA, NE 68132
    Bullet Sorting Complete, December 28, 2009, 8:33 am, OMAHA, NE 68132
    Bullet Arrival at Post Office, December 28, 2009, 5:31 am, OMAHA, NE 68132
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, December 28, 2009, 1:18 am, OMAHA, NE 68108
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, December 26, 2009, 12:08 am, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73107
    Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 22, 2009

I looked up this problem through google and it seems to be relatively common. No one knows what is happening though. I called my local USPS responsible for delivery and the lady told me they don't even have a scan called "out for delivery or available at PO box". She was truly no help at all. The package seems to be lost in limbo, does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nebrazca78 View Post
    I was supposed to receive a USPS package and the package had delivery confirmation on it. Unfortunately at some point there was some kind of problem. Now this is what the tracking says and has said for three weeks:

Bullet Delivery status not updated as of December 28, 2009, 11:03 pm
    Bullet Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, December 28, 2009, 9:03 am, OMAHA, NE 68132
    Bullet Sorting Complete, December 28, 2009, 8:33 am, OMAHA, NE 68132
    Bullet Arrival at Post Office, December 28, 2009, 5:31 am, OMAHA, NE 68132
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, December 28, 2009, 1:18 am, OMAHA, NE 68108
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, December 26, 2009, 12:08 am, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73107
    Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 22, 2009

I looked up this problem through google and it seems to be relatively common. No one knows what is happening though. I called my local USPS responsible for delivery and the lady told me they don't even have a scan called "out for delivery or available at PO box". She was truly no help at all. The package seems to be lost in limbo, does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

You need to visit the local post office and ask them to search for it. If they can't find it, it means it has been lost or stolen. I have seen this verbiage once on a legal document I sent within the same city and luckily, the post office was able to find it, but I called twice on the same day I actually visited the post office and they claimed they didn't know where it was. It seems to help to actually show up since they at least do a serious search at that point. You need to hurry though because after 30 days, unclaimed mail gets sent back to the sender.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're waiting until NOW to do something? If that's the last bit of info on the tracking, you are likely screwed. It means the package was in your mail carrier's possession and he forgot to scan it (possibly "forgot" to scan?) before delivering. Talk to a postmaster or postal supervisor IMMEDIATELY and see if they know anything. At least you're covered if you feel like you want to do a chargeback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It turn out this can happen if a package arrives postage due. The local USPS got confused because someone sent me a Parcel Post package in a Priority Mail box. They also couldn't find it because I told them it was Parcel Post but since it was in a Priority box it was in a different place. It was found and delivered the next day.