Thread: PC Game Collector's Thread - Rooms of DooM

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PC Game Collector's Thread - Rooms of DooM

First off, I don't mean this as purely an e-penis comparison, but rather something more specific.

Who here is somewhat actively collecting IBM PC compatible, physical games?

I want to see some heavy hitters here. So often you see console collectors with hundreds or thousands of games and threads dedicated to such achievements. But the PC seems pretty left out, on DP and otherwise. I want to see some serious collections of computer goodness! Shelves of boxes with computer specs on the spines, stories of how you got started or why you collect them... Not necessarily just "well I used to and I have a few games"

I started collecting PC games seriously in 2007 after I got a somewhat steady job. I had maybe 50 games from over the decades prior but mainly just the common games like Unreal and Need for Speed 3.

Inspired by rooms of doom on here and a new found love for what I grew up (DOS/Early Win PCs) with I got the idea I needed more I guess and things were cheap so I started on my first real collection: Maxis games on PC.

I now own every Maxis title up through The Sims and most afterward, almost all in complete boxes, which was no small feat.

In addition I have right around 280 complete boxed PC games and around 400 discs and floppies in jewel cases or sleeves.
    And I'm proud that the majority are hand picked for being awesome games and it isn't just consisting of every crapware disc I can get my hands on. The biggest problem is space to display this stuff, those boxes are huge! So most of them are packed away in a closet... hope to get a nice storage solution soon

And several hundred floppy disks unsorted, not pictured.

I am simply wondering... Who else is in a similar boat as far as collecting PC games in excess?
    Last edited by phreakindee; 02-06-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    PC Game Collector - DOS and beyond

Lazy Game Reviews