Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seller says that Paypal is holding my payment for 21 days...

Insert Coin (Level 0) peachstapler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izarate View Post
    I'm really torn right now. He made me wait almost a month to get my items but the shipping was top notch so leaving a neg feels wrong
    I think that's why they have a neutral feedback option.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Just don't rate him at all.

You got your items, which was the most important thing.
    This.

Leaving him a negative or neutral is just going to annoy him and prompt potentially angry emails from him. I'd just be happy that the items were top notch. I'd rather have slow-ass shipping + nice items than fast shipping + shitty condition items any day of the week on eBay.

Needless to say, the former is rarer than the latter. The number of times I've been satisfied with the item's condition (in comparison to what was listed/described) is probably like 1/3 of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by unwinddesign View Post
    This.

Leaving him a negative or neutral is just going to annoy him and prompt potentially angry emails from him. I'd just be happy that the items were top notch. I'd rather have slow-ass shipping + nice items than fast shipping + shitty condition items any day of the week on eBay.

Needless to say, the former is rarer than the latter. The number of times I've been satisfied with the item's condition (in comparison to what was listed/described) is probably like 1/3 of the time.
    That's too bad for the seller. What's he/she going to do? Fly out to the US and beat up izarate? No, of course not. He's just going to be pissed, send him the 'fuck you, remove the feedback' email, and izarate can promptly ignore him from that point out.

The point of the feedback system is to rate sellers on their performance. Since izarate DID get his items, the most generous thing he could do is leave the seller neutral feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

I think you should give him a positive feedback, but give him 1 star in shipping time and mention that items were in excellent condition but shipping was very slow.

Trust me, 1 star hurts more than neutral.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What the esteemed Mr. Darkslime said.

Also...$78 for a Twilight Princess guide? O_o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    What the esteemed Mr. Darkslime said.

Also...$78 for a Twilight Princess guide? O_o
    It wasn't just the TP guide. I bought several other guides and some promo DVDs (Metal Gear Solid Saga vol 1 & 2 among them). I just mentioned the Twilight Princess guide because that was my main interest in getting the items from this particular seller since no other seller had it new and offered worldwide shipping.

If he hadn't had the TP guide I would have cancelled the transaction. Thankfully everything worked out in the end.
    Last edited by izarate; 03-07-2010 at 11:15 AM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vulcanjedi

Default payment hold.

What a thread to follow. In my 10 years on paypal I have only had one hold like that. And it was 6 months ago for a donation to my daughters accident fund from a guy with a non US address who paid by echeck. I got email from paypal saying I should wait till it cleared before I shipped anything. The stuff I read from them led me to believe the hold was to make sure the payment was valid not the merchandise.
    Wow.

vj
    p.s.
    gametrader on ebay. Currently have a final fantasy tactics guide on auction. Seen them BIN for 80 hope it gets something good.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zthun View Post
    That's too bad for the seller. What's he/she going to do? Fly out to the US and beat up izarate? No, of course not. He's just going to be pissed, send him the 'fuck you, remove the feedback' email, and izarate can promptly ignore him from that point out.

The point of the feedback system is to rate sellers on their performance. Since izarate DID get his items, the most generous thing he could do is leave the seller neutral feedback.
    The point wasn't that he was entering some sort of dangerous or horrible situation by leaving negative/neutral feedback. It's just potentially more of an annoyance than it's worth. And the seller's performance, while not tremendous, was ultimately ok. I've left positive feedback for much, much worse sellers than this. Not saying I'm right, not saying it's what he should do, just my two cents.

Probably the easiest thing to do, as darkslime suggested, that will actually have an impact is to leave him the 1 star shipping DSR, which will probably get him on the way to Paypal holding his payments etc. Which will force him to clean up his shipping act.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ended up leaving a positive stating that the seller took 21 days to ship and that he didn't replied to any messages. Left the DSRs for communication and shipping time at 1 star.