Thread: Atari 4-switch VCS with games/accessories.

Arcade Card Compatible Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Atari 4-switch VCS with games/accessories.

I'm considering selling off my VCS since I don't use it and was wondering what a decent price to sell it all for would be. Here's what I have:
    VCS 4-switch model with all connections and instruction booklet
    4 joysticks - 2 original, 2 third party
    2 sets of paddle controllers - 1 is brand new and unopened
    1 key pad controller
    1 joystick repair kit - box is crushed and has been opened but is completely unused
    One of those wooden cases with a plastic dust cover that holds the system, controllers and like 25 games
    31 games - 1 of which is brand new and unopened still in the original shrink wrap (Yars' Revenge), and I have a couple of the instruction booklets for the games
    3 game storage binders - official brown Atari binders that hold 8 games each

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I think it depends on what games you have for it, especially if they're commons. What do you have for it?

On a side note, I found both my Panda cartridges in Louisiana, Dice Puzzle in an antique and collectibles shop outside Houma and Space Canyon in a Goodwill in Sulphur. I love going game hunting when I go to Louisiana. Too bad my sister's family moved to Monroe, so when I visit them I never find anything because their area sucks...
    Last edited by Steve W; 01-31-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I think it depends on what games you have for it, especially if they're commons. What do you have for it?
    Adventures of Tron, Air Raiders, Asteroids, Astroblast, Berzerk, Chopper Command, Circus Atari, Combat, Defender, Demons to Diamonds, E.T., Golf, Kool-Aid Man, Missile Command, Pac-Man, Phoenix, Pigs in Space, Popeye, Racquetball, Raiders of the Lost Ark, RealSports Football, Space Attack, Space Invaders, Star Raiders (with number pad), Street Racer, Super Breakout, Vanguard, Venture, Video Pinball, Warlords, Yars' Revenge (one of which is sealed).
    Quote Originally Posted by stonic View Post
    Why not just use the DP online rarity guide?
    I know I could have used the DP guide but I was kinda wanting a more up to date estimate of what it could all be worth. I know absolutely nothing about collecting for the 2600 and don't really have the space to keep it all laying around at the moment. I don't expect any of this stuff to be worth much since all the games seem to be pretty common.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

all those are 1$ common games, raquetball is the only one worth anything at all.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Around here on CL a 2600 with some (5-20) games will sell for $40. You've got more games and some other extras, so I'd say $50 would be a solid price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the help everybody, I really appreciate it.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I glanced at your list very quickly when I posted above. Two things in there I can't really help with. 1. The sealed paddles. No idea if there is a market for those or not. 2. The game binders. Are these things pretty scarce? I've never seen one, and it seems like a pretty cool thing to add to a collection.

I'd try to find more out about those things before selling if possible. My estimate stands for the rest of it, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah I had never seen the binders either until all the VCS stuff was givin to me some time last summer. They are really neat though, they're kinda like those old plastic cassette tape binders and have a little folder like part on the back for you to put instruction booklets in and on the spine there's spots for you to label what games are in the binder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by todesengel View Post
    Adventures of Tron, Air Raiders, Asteroids, Astroblast, Berzerk, Chopper Command, Circus Atari, Combat, Defender, Demons to Diamonds, E.T., Golf, Kool-Aid Man, Missile Command, Pac-Man, Phoenix, Pigs in Space, Popeye, Racquetball, Raiders of the Lost Ark, RealSports Football, Space Attack, Space Invaders, Star Raiders (with number pad), Street Racer, Super Breakout, Vanguard, Venture, Video Pinball, Warlords, Yars' Revenge (one of which is sealed).
    Adventures of Tron, Air Raiders, Pigs In Space, and Racquetball are not common, Pigs In Space being the real standout here. And you don't come across those binders all that often. Joystick repair kits aren't common, and new paddle controllers are definitely not common. Atari paddles tend to develop problems over the years, so there might be people just trying to get their hands on those alone.

I'd go higher than $50 for this lot if I were you. $60 is a little better.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

You also mentioned a storage container that holds the system along with games and has a cover. I think those types of things are neat and I'd be interested in a video game lot if one of those were included(more so for a Genesis or NES one, I'm more into those myself). I'd price the lot starting at $100, and every couple of weeks(or months) I'd gradually lower the price until it sells. It depends on how fast you'd want to sell something, I seem to be more patient than most people.

I'm thinking like $2 per game(which would be over $60), then $40 for the rest together. I would think that's an acceptable amount for a bundle like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the extra help on this set guys, I've got a buyer so far for the console, a friend of mine is offering me $30 for just the console alone right now which is more than I expected to get for it.