Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate Blizzard, any one hear of recent D3 info or still no word?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I hate Blizzard, any one hear of recent D3 info or still no word?

Really Blizzard as a company sucks, and WoW is the biggest POS MMO I have ever played(not to mention the BS of having to pay for a sub, yet they still force you to buy the game, and expansions).

Well I think we can all agree, that the only worth while games developed by this company, is the Diablo games, but It has taken way too long(one to three people could've made such a game by them selves in a basement by now), with no update info of any kind(well over a year now since the last anyone heard anything from Blizzard).

Is it canceled or something, has anyoue found any recent info, because I'm pretty much ready to give up hope for this game? I'm getting tired of waiting, so looks like I'll just stick to RO for PC, and consol gaming in general.

PS. Is it me or is PC gaming in general has gone down alot lately(due to multiple reasons of course)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Screenshots just came out over this past weekend I think.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    Oh really, I guess I'll hop over to the Diablo fan forums to check them out, but still, a year with no word, we kind've need more then new screenshots.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Really Blizzard as a company sucks, and WoW is the biggest POS MMO I have ever played(not to mention the BS of having to pay for a sub, yet they still force you to buy the game, and expansions).

Well I think we can all agree, that the only worth while games developed by this company, is the Diablo games, but It has taken way too long(one to three people could've made such a game by them selves in a basement by now), with no update info of any kind(well over a year now since the last anyone heard anything from Blizzard).

Is it canceled or something, has anyoue found any recent info, because I'm pretty much ready to give up hope for this game? I'm getting tired of waiting, so looks like I'll just stick to RO for PC, and consol gaming in general.

PS. Is it me or is PC gaming in general has gone down alot lately(due to multiple reasons of course)?
    Millions of people would strongly disagree with you. Blizzard has several great franchises including Warcraft and Starcraft. It takes them a long while to actually get to release, but I have never been disappointed with the end products.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I am not a big MMO fan, but Blizzard is a quality company that has made stellar releases much more than Diablo. A little game called Starcraft would like to have a word with you. Unlike other companies that like to make sequel after sequel, Blizzard usually releases a game when it is ready.

If anything, Blizzard is what is going RIGHT with PC games.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

I'm not a WOW fan, but only because I wouldn't have the time to play it. Blizzard, as a company, allowed me to download a Mac compatible copy of Starcraft with the activation code I got with the game about 8 years ago when I bought it for the PC. Ditto for Diablo 2 (though I probably only bought that about 7 years ago...) So, any company still making money for themselves and choosing to provide a free updated version of a game I bought 8 years ago for a different platform is just fine and dandy in my book.

So, you think they suck as a company because they're spending time working on a game instead of spending time providing fans with information on it even though those same fans can't wait to buy it whether information is forthcoming or not? I'd say that sounds conflicted, but I can't blame you. I wish they'd hurry up and make it perfect, get it done and let me buy it the day before yesterday. However, I also wish to be the king of all the cosmos and to wear a shiny hat.

I think we all can agree that we'll always be a long way off from all agreeing to something other than agreeing completely that a complete agreement is a long way off.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Pretzel (Level 4) monkeychemist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    hahaha, that was classic...He makes a retarded rant about blizzard sucking, when in reality, he was not keeping up with it himself hahhahahahaha.

Blizzard rules! I've enjoyed Warcrafts, Starcrafts and Diablos. I don't play MMOs but my brothers were sure hooked on WOW. I think that sums up that Blizzard makes good games. I've never had to pay for any more than the game itself too sucka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice try, Zoltor. I haven't been disappointed with any Blizzard game that I've played so far. I've been on and off on WoW for the past year or so, that'll tide me over until D3 or SC2 are released.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the confidence involved in saying something asinine that no one will agree with, but prefacing it with "I think we can all agree." You keep shining on, you crazy diamond.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well... Blizzard always takes years to develop and release their games. They are almost always worth the wait though. nothing half assed. As for the WoW rant. All MMO's pretty much have you pay a sub fee in addition to buying the game and whatever expansions. The monthly fee is needed for server maintenance and the development of and maintenance of game features.

nothing really any different than most developers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    If anything, Blizzard is what is going RIGHT with PC games.
    Well, that may have been true prior to Activision taking them over.

Last I checked, eliminating LAN play and requiring an internet connection to play, even in single player, IS NOT what is right with PC games.

Between these latest revelations for Diablo III and Starcraft II, IW's failure that is IW.net, Games for Windows requirements for GTA IV and others, the DRM fiascos, licensing vs. ownership issues and now Ubisoft's required network, there is not much at all that is RIGHT for PC gaming. It is like they are intentionally blowing it up to spite their loyal customers, turning them into pirates and hackers.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jesus Christ...what is in the water where you live? Seriously.

I'm rather glad you didn't like WoW, there's enough dumb arses in the game as it is. As for the whole software/expansion/subscription thing...how's that any different from Xbox Live? You have to buy the game and any expansion content (whether it's on disc or as DLC) and you have to have a sub to Xbox Live to get online with the game and play against other real people. Let's also remember that Blizzard is hardly the only company who adheres to the model you detest, there's hundreds and hundreds of companies who use that business model including Sony (Everquest, EQ2, Vanguard), EA (Ultima, DAoC, Warhammer), Eidos (Age of Conan), and good ole' Square-Enix (FFXI and upcoming FFXIV).

Yeah, there HAS to be something in your water supply. I'd hazard to guess there's a taint in your meat products and some harmful odorless gases in the air you're breathing to boot.

If I understand the definition of "we" correctly, that includes me in your agreement about Blizzard's worthwhile games. I'm happy to say that NO, I do not agree with your poor assessment of their game line up. I thoroughly enjoyed almost all of the Warcraft releases, StarCraft, and some of their console games like Blackthorne. The Diablo series is a fine one for sure, I've lost many, MANY hours to the first one alone but that series is HARDLY the ONLY worthwhile series they've produced so PLEASE stop talking out of your arse and refrain from having the audacity to include the rest of us in your errant conclusions.

As for how Blizzard develops, it's long been the practice of "When It's Done" with them. Also, it has NOT been over a year since any information has been released. Did you not hear about the stuff that came out of Blizzcon in August 2009 (which is less than a year ago according to my Gregorian calendar)?

Let Me Put You Right At The Feet Of Where You Need To Be For Diablo III Info

Lastly, RO for PC? I'm assuming that's Ragnarok Online. Things are starting to make a little bit more sense now.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats blizzard, they always take their ever loving time, nothing new there. I am a huge Diablo fan but I am not going to get all hyped up about a game that isn't going to be released anytime soon. The more screenshots and info I look up the more annoyed I will get at delays and timetables so I find it best to just completely ignore it until the game goes gold. Sounds like you may want to take the same approach. Its been 9+ years since D2, whats a few more.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Jesus Christ...what is in the water where you live? Seriously.

I'm rather glad you didn't like WoW, there's enough dumb arses in the game as it is. As for the whole software/expansion/subscription thing...how's that any different from Xbox Live? You have to buy the game and any expansion content (whether it's on disc or as DLC) and you have to have a sub to Xbox Live to get online with the game and play against other real people. Let's also remember that Blizzard is hardly the only company who adheres to the model you detest, there's hundreds and hundreds of companies who use that business model including Sony (Everquest, EQ2, Vanguard), EA (Ultima, DAoC, Warhammer), Eidos (Age of Conan), and good ole' Square-Enix (FFXI and upcoming FFXIV).

Yeah, there HAS to be something in your water supply. I'd hazard to guess there's a taint in your meat products and some harmful odorless gases in the air you're breathing to boot.

If I understand the definition of "we" correctly, that includes me in your agreement about Blizzard's worthwhile games. I'm happy to say that NO, I do not agree with your poor assessment of their game line up. I thoroughly enjoyed almost all of the Warcraft releases, StarCraft, and some of their console games like Blackthorne. The Diablo series is a fine one for sure, I've lost many, MANY hours to the first one alone but that series is HARDLY the ONLY worthwhile series they've produced so PLEASE stop talking out of your arse and refrain from having the audacity to include the rest of us in your errant conclusions.

As for how Blizzard develops, it's long been the practice of "When It's Done" with them. Also, it has NOT been over a year since any information has been released. Did you not hear about the stuff that came out of Blizzcon in August 2009 (which is less than a year ago according to my Gregorian calendar)?

Let Me Put You Right At The Feet Of Where You Need To Be For Diablo III Info

Lastly, RO for PC? I'm assuming that's Ragnarok Online. Things are starting to make a little bit more sense now.
    Anyone who claims Wow is even a ok MMO, let alone the good you claim it to be, clearly hasn't played any good MMOs.

Ah ok, this is gonna be fun, so lets explore that BS that Blizzard Isn't the only ones doing this shall we. EQ/EQ2 lol, is owned by SOE, which is well known to be the overall worse/most corrupt company in the gaming industry, not to mention every last one of the people working with that company are morons. Also lol FF 11(made by another well known evil company is crap, there are so many really bad MMOs out, what a pity).

What I have noticed, that for the most part, only the crappiest MMOs have such a BS setup, as the game(s) are so subpar to the point, that they can't depend on people to stay for more then a month, let alone the 4+ months they would need people to stay, so they force people to pay a huge amount upfront(60-150$).

Now shifting over to game design(not payment model, although, turbine did away with that bad, need to buy game BS, yet pay monthly as well) If you want to play a D&D stlye MMO, play D&D Online, the systems were atleast executed correctly. Then there's the fact that DDO actually has quests for the quest driven game(omg, can you believe it), most of which are pretty unique, and require to be done on unique maps/dungeons, where as in Wow, the quests are generic as hell(lol, that's the repeating theme of Wow sadly, everything from monsters, drops, caves, hell maps in general to Quests, and basically everything else are so generic, It's not funny). Lol, Then there's the worst map system I have ever seen in any game, combined with crappy town/field layouts(can anyone ever find anything when they need to, without spending 30ish min blindly lookinf for it).

Oh yea, lets not forget the dumbest PvP system to ever be created, you can't do anything in the game without being harrassed a million times a min by duel popup requests, which is the most annoying system in the world, It's amazing anyone even puts up with that BS. Yes terrible Map system, even worse PvP system, and extreamly boring quests in a "quest" driven game alone= bad game, then add in the fact everything is generic, and the execution of most of the systems were done poorly at best, you'll see why I don't like WoW lol.

I have a saying, there is nothing wow about WoW

Note: Also you are crazy to use XBOX live as an example for the payment model. First It's a consol, 2nd all the games are very playable offline(MMOs aren't lol, there's a big differance between a MMO and a single player game with a online multy player option, plus for good measure, the sub for XBOXLive also allows you to play any game, so no It's not the same.

Yes it sure does make sense, because unlike most the people who play WoW, and like it, I've actually have played good MMOs, so I won't be swayed by a POS MMO. Also just so you know, I'm not saying RO is the "only" good mmo out there, there's atleast a handful of very good MMOs, just that WoW doesn't even come close to being one.

Let's see there's RO, Atlatica Online, and Air Rivals(however Air Rivals is a cross breed, MMORPG/shooter, so it may not appeal to all mmo supporters) are all great, Zero Online is pretty damn good as well(and ofcourse DDO for those who like the D&D Style/Quest driven play).

You see, when your competition doesn't barely advertise(and most certainly don't spend money for commercials on TV or no noticeable amount of TV time), It's easy to sell **** to suckers that don't know any better.

PS. http://www.diablofans.com/ is great, and works just fine, the info is always updated as it come in on the Blizzard site, not to mention the forums don't require some dumb battlenet account(which mand I haven't playey Diablo 2 since 2002, the duping started getting way out of hand, and Blizzard didn't feel like fixing it), so it was time to move on(lucky fior me since RO went live shortly after I stopped playing D2).
    Last edited by Zoltor; 02-01-2010 at 05:20 AM.

Pretzel (Level 4) monkeychemist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just because you don't like WoW doesn't mean the whole company and their lineup sucks. Seriously, relax, you obviously didn't do your research and you sound like a fool haha

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Although I never was a particular fan of Blizzard's games, back in the day (I have not really kept up on them recently) I was a big admirer of their practices.

I was amazed that a company could put out so little product and still be such a huge company. (Maybe only Valve was similar in this respect)

Back when I worked at electronics retail, a Blizzard release was quite an event. People would come in and buy 13 copies a piece of the most recent game (this was back when lan gaming was huge, probably would never happen again)

To bash Blizzard for slow output is probably counterproductive. Most companies are willing to ship a half assed game and then throw a patch at it later. Some don't even consider a patch.

Blizzard is rather unique because they pretty much survive on their standards of quality. They don't have to throw something out every year just to try to make a buck.

Even if you are not a fan of Blizzards games, their approach regarding releases is something as gamers we should be thankful for.

Plus Blizzard games seem to live forever. How many people are still playing Starcraft after all this time?

The success of Wow just seems to justify Blizzard's actions.

If Blizzard threw out a game year after year just to shut people up and try to make a fast buck, I can assure you they would not be the company they are today. You don't build a loyal fanbase by being mediocre.
    Last edited by lagartija_nick; 02-01-2010 at 07:15 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

If you want to play a D&D stlye MMO, play D&D Online
    Holy shit, opinion invalidated. You are saying play DDO, a game that took 3 YEARS to release and reach the level cap that's in the pen and paper game, is doing a better job than WoW? While DDO isn't a bad game, they made major missteps before coming to the point they are now. I played when it launched and then 2 years later.

Now to WoW. I'll excise your complaints from your troll rants. You desperately need to stop calling everything "evil" because that makes you like a complete baby. Is any company to you a "good" company? And can you stop saying "crappiest", "BS", "POS" and "dumbest"? It makes you look like you are 14 years old.

The basic gist is every problem you have has an option around it or you're just exaggerating to make a point.

Pay to Play: You have a problem with paying a monthly subscription.

Your answer is to play DDO, RO, Atlantica Online and Air Rivals, all free to play games. However, all of these games are micropayment systems. They are not free - you want the full experience, you pay. Welcome to reality.

Poor mapping system, poor layouts: You have a problem with the design of the game in that regard.

Mods. Seriously, WoW took all your bitching, all your complaining and let other people fix it for you. Genius. Anything you could possibly want is fixed with a mod. Poor map? Get Cartographer? Can't read a quest description and need your hand held (which is what it sounds like)? Quest Helper. Blizzard made the best decision they could by giving out part of the game code so developers can fix and add to the game.

PvP: Someone doesn't like duel messages and PvP

Play on a PvE server. And if you played the game for more than a day, you'd realize that those who want to duel messages only pop up frequently in the starting areas where the true noobs make their eleventh level 11 toon. You tipped your hand by saying that, which shows you started playing, felt the need to "stick it to the man" and quit before coming close to experiencing the game.

Quests: You don't like the style of WoW quests.

Making a comparison to DDO is unfair. DDO was designed to give the tabletop experience without the tabletop. The narrator and instanced quest zones all give way to that. Otherwise, pretty much every other MMO has disposable quests. Fact of life, deal with it.

Basically, your argument is "BS" and you could be the "crappiest" "dumbest" troll to grace these boards in quite some time.
    Last edited by portnoyd; 02-01-2010 at 07:47 AM.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I second the service offered by Blizzard -- my Mac died recently and I got a netbook. Because of the battle.net service, I was able to enter my activation key and download Diablo II and its expansion onto my netbook without needing to install it first on another pc and transfer it with my USB stick.

Incidentally, D3 will probably come out in 2011 (this is just speculation though), since there's already a WoW expansion and Starcraft II that are supposed to come out this year.

I'm not into RTS and MMOs, but doesn't mean that Blizzard's output is outright crap. And I'd much rather see them go the "It'll come out when it's ready" route than have them rush the product out with major bugs.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thread is harsh on Blizzard. If anything, they've been very consistent in releasing quality titles over the years. I don't get why the OP is hating Blizzard based on his criteria... Ragnarok Online costs money if you play legally too.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Basically, your argument is "BS" and you could be the "crappiest" "dumbest" troll to grace these boards in quite some time.
    /me begins slow clap
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.