Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Gameboy collection opinions wanted...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    matth35

Well I payed 330.00 or close to it so its very very rare. How much its actually worth I am not sure. Boxed games are rare on their own but lately they seem to be more and more elusive. Yes i do collect the systems. I am currently trying to get some of the play it loud systems. I actually got my first game boy pocket not long ago. My friend Kevin works crushing cars and he gets whatever people have left in them. Anyway he came across a red game boy pocket and mega man 3. So its mine now.
    Last edited by GameBoyGeek; 02-01-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that F1 Pole Position looks pretty nice.

Where did you snag that one

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoyGeek View Post
    I just won some eBay auctions last night for Pac in time yogis gold rush tail gator and mega lit all with boxes.
    Just curious, how much is Yogi's Gold Rush worth complete?

Very nice collection. For some reason I always confuse F1 Pole Position with F1 Race, I've got to remember which one is which.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    matth35

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg View Post
    that F1 Pole Position looks pretty nice.

Where did you snag that one
    Oh ya know some one had it on ebay a while back so I suckered him out of it. lol Jk. Ya if it wasnt for jeff here I wouldnt have the pole position. I used to confuse the f1 racer for it as well.

I honestly have no idea how much yogi is worth with the box. I payed 50.00 so i hope its more than that cause id like to think i got a good deal lol.

Fyi jeff that top gun game is the same one you told me about when i picked up pole position i went and grabbed it about a week ago.
    Last edited by GameBoyGeek; 02-02-2010 at 01:52 AM.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well I payed 330.00 or close to it so its very very rare. How much its actually worth I am not sure. Boxed games are rare on their own but lately they seem to be more and more elusive. Yes i do collect the systems. I am currently trying to get some of the play it loud systems. I actually got my first game boy pocket not long ago. My friend Kevin works crushing cars and he gets whatever people have left in them. Anyway he came across a red game boy pocket and mega man 3. So its mine now.
    Protip: It's not worth $330.

-GAC-
    #vbender

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    x Just Scott x

Wow, nice collection! Despite what others have said, the list alone was impressive! The pictures just made it even better. Definitely liking the Game Boy display case. GB/GBC/GBA are my favorite systems to collect for. I'm not going for entire collections though, just the good games.

I like how you have all of the black carts in a row. Maybe group the other colored carts as well, and place them all centered in the middle, with the black ones. That would look really cool.

I'm surprised you don't have all of the Final Fantasy's CIB, they're not that hard to come by. I have a complete copy of Final Fantasy Adventure that I'm about to sell, incidentally. And did you leave it out, or do you not have Final Fantasy Legend II at all? That's a must have!

You also need R.C. Pro-Am, which I also have CIB and I'm about to sell, lol. Let me know if you're interested.

Kid Dracula is gonna be a little steep to get CIB. 2 sold on Ebay recently, 1 for $112 and the other for $208.

Isn't it "Ninja Gaiden SHADOW" and now "Showdown"?

So how close are you to having at least a cart-copy of every game? Do you have like a list you are going off of? I know Wikipedia has a list, and a PDF that you can download. I'm curious to see how many you have left. I'm not even sure what the total number of games is, do you know?

Keep us posted on this, I'd love to see you complete this!

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You seem to be doing a good job collecting. You mentioned that you have trouble remembering what you have when you go out, so I'd suggest dumping your list into an excel file, then importing the file to a phone or pad device that has that capability. If you don't have such a device, you can always buy a cheap "last generation" one off e-bay. You just need it to be able to open an Excel file and have the capabilty to connect with your computer via USB. You should be able to do this without a contract.

Then you can take the device into the store with you. Be careful about games that start with "The." They should probably be listed twice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    matth35

Good advice on that thanks I figured pole position wasnt worth the full amount but regardless of what a price guide says what you pay is what its worth. That's the way I look at it for the most part. I know its not the case with everything and I am sure someone will tell me I'm wrong and whatever but ya know what???? Screw it, dont really care that much.

I think I am close to having all the carts for the american release there are games in the pic that I am sure I didnt put on the list. I'm fairly sure that I have ff2 but not 100% for sure. If you are selling any gameboy games with the box by all means let me know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, you overpaid for F1 Pole Position but it'll probably retain it's value or increase in the future. Are you going for a CIB collection or just collecting boxes as you go?

I have around 200 GB carts myself, already have most of the rare ones, now I just need to find the common ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    matth35

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    Well, you overpaid for F1 Pole Position but it'll probably retain it's value or increase in the future. Are you going for a CIB collection or just collecting boxes as you go?

I have around 200 GB carts myself, already have most of the rare ones, now I just need to find the common ones.
    I was going for just the carts and grabbing boxes along the way but its shifting. I'll get the boxes when I can and eventually have a cib collection but its not a must have right now. I know at this point as ive stated before that im to far along to just start over so I wont. So when I get a cib game i'll sell the counter part I have. For example I just bought around 22 empty boxes from a guy on eBay so I don't have to sell those carts later because I will soon have the boxes in my possession. I'm really excited about getting tail gator and mega lit CIB those i have been looking for, for a long time now. I was wondering how much that kid Dracula game was going for. I didn't bid on it once it got up to 80 cause I just don't have the cash for it right now.

Again I probly did over pay for pole position but whatever I have it and as you said it will most likely increase in vaule u down the road so if its only worth 100 bucks this year in 5 years it could be worth 800. Better to over pay a little now then to pay full asking price by the time it gets to be seriously expensive.

If it doesn't increase in value at all then Oh well I still have it.

pseudonym do you have the flintstones king rock treasure island CIB?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No, I just have the cart and manual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    matth35

Damn same here. I hear that one is hard to get with the box. So was tale spin for some reason.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    x Just Scott x

I think I am close to having all the carts for the american release there are games in the pic that I am sure I didnt put on the list. I'm fairly sure that I have ff2 but not 100% for sure. If you are selling any gameboy games with the box by all means let me know
    If you have a gametz account we could work something out there. If not, I'll be putting them on Ebay soon, and a link to the auction will be put in the auction forum on this site.

For keeping track of games, you're probably at the point where you would be better off just keeping a list of what games you still need, instead of a list of what you have. At least, for when you're out, looking for games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    matth35

Yeah I've been thinking that as well. Problem is in order to do that I need to go through my current list and see what games are not there, log those and then go and look for the ones that are not there. I just dont have the time right now. Once I get my current games paid for on ebay I may have to take a break but I'm not sure.

What is a gametz account? Ive never heard of gametz.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    x Just Scott x

Yeah I've been thinking that as well. Problem is in order to do that I need to go through my current list and see what games are not there, log those and then go and look for the ones that are not there. I just dont have the time right now. Once I get my current games paid for on ebay I may have to take a break but I'm not sure.

What is a gametz account? Ive never heard of gametz.
    Yeah, that would take a chunk of time. I wouldn't think it would be too tremendous though, just a couple free hours here and there.

Game Trading Zone. gametz.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    matth35

Ah ok. We'll i'll look it up in about an hour or so and contact you when my account is set up. What all games do you have with boxes that you are going to get rid of?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    x Just Scott x

The only games I know off the top of my head that are CIB, ready to be sold, are Final Fantasy Adventure and R.C. Pro-Am. I have more though, just have to get them together. I also have lots of extra boxes and manuals that I want to get rid of (I used to collect 'complete' but recently decided to stop that and I'm selling off all my boxes and manuals). You already have the games, so it would be an easy way for you to make them complete.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    matth35

That is very true. Pm me and we'll start working something out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My opinion is you enjoy making lists and filling boxes.

How many of these games do you hate? Think seriously about putting that money somewhere useful (or at least more fun).

Which game was $330, again? Pokemon Yellow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    matth35

.....Yes it was pokemon yellow i figured wow what an investment. No body has pokemon yellowwith the box. Hot damn I got lucky with that one.

To answer your actual question there are a few games that I do hate however having a complete collection means just that having it complete. I do my best to get deals where I can and try not to spend to much money in one place. It doesn't always work that way as any collector will tell you. If something that is as rare as f1 pole position comes along CIB more often then not I wouldn't have paid that much for it. However it doesn't and I had the money to play with so that's what I did with it.