Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2010 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did a trade with a member here on DP and got a Sears telegames 6 switch with a few games

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Same Game Super Famicom(Satellaview) for $5 on Ebay
    Ninja Gaiden II (360) direct from Microsoft new $5

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some people on vbender requested pics of the Goodwill dock/back lot sale that I go to, so I decided this was perhaps the best place to put them (it).

It was terribly freezing, that and they actually have cameras for sale from time to time, and I didn't want anybody to think I was stealing something by mysteriously putting a camera in my coat pocket. Who would want to take pictures of this, right?

Anyways, the area that I usually find computer games/video games/game systems I call the "media" area. It's located right below the window on the white building on the left. In that area they cart in these giant wheeled bins full of audio cassettes, VHSs, records, 8-tracks, CDs, and the occasional reel-to-reel. The metal bin things in the middle are full of misc, the cardboard boxes on the left are full of purses and stuffed animals, sometimes electronics. The giant cardboard boxes closest to me in the picture are usually filled with electronics, and they run about 5 boxes long, and in 2 rows (10 boxes total). They are usually full of old crappy broken vaccum cleaners and corded phones, but at the bottom of them you can usually find some cool stuff.

Today was different, though. The city dump was closed today because of the large amount of rain we had in the past few days, because of that the Goodwill employees were unable to remove the junk from last thursday and the same crap was left.

I left the sale empty-handed, but on a normal day I would've stayed longer and gotten more pics, and I will on thursday if anybody's curious for pics of the insides of the boxes and of the rest of the place.

EDIT:
    I'd like to add, there's a Goodwill in Austin, TX that does this sell as well. Their sale runs every day, except for Sunday, and every day they haul in fresh goods. (Mine brings in stuff on tues and thurs) Since Austin is sooo much larger than Waco I'd expect a sale at least twice the size of this one O_o.

Oooh, wait. I did get Skate or Die 2 for $1.99 at another Goodwill this morning. Minor finds FTW!!!
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 02-09-2010 at 06:17 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post

Nice buy, but please let me know your amazon/ebay name so I don't have to accidentally deal with you in the future...
    Seconded.

There is a fine line between doing business and just plain screwing someone over, and for what seems to be the 20th time, this fuckwit has just Riverdanced across it.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I left the sale empty-handed, but on a normal day I would've stayed longer and gotten more pics, and I will on thursday if anybody's curious for pics of the insides of the boxes and of the rest of the place.
    Please do add more pictures when you can. I love reading about people's finds and photos really do add to a post. Thanks!

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed. I love seeing the environments in pictures. They help tell the story of the finds and give us hope that we'll be able to find something on our next trip

Being able to afford the finds...that's another story in itself. I'm waiting on a copy of Snatcher to arrive that I purchased for $85. I tried getting Space Adventure, but people have been bidding like crazy on that lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some people on vbender requested pics of the Goodwill dock/back lot sale that I go to, so I decided this was perhaps the best place to put them (it).
    Wow, my area has one of those too, but it's about 700% more filthy. There is stuff stacked up literally 10 feet in the air. Garbage everywhere. Moldy records. It is bad. I could take pics, but my camera flash would send the rats scurrying everywhere, and no one wants that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Alright, calm down everyone.

I have never filed a claim before on Amazon, but it had a very generic description from a large seller, so I am a bit nervous about it. Said it comes with original, box, disc and manual. No description on the condition of anything other than very good and the fact that Bonk's Adventure isn't a disc makes me think it is just a generic copy - paste that they put on every listing.

I'm not trying to screw him over, and am not going to file a claim unless it comes cart only or in horrible condition. And I will talk to the seller first about it and see if we can work it out. If they are willing I will return the item. should have worded that better.

Also, fuck you sailorneorune, quit following me around everywhere just to be a bitch. you are a giant hypocrite and one of the biggest assholes i have ever talked to. again, fuck you and leave me alone.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Sailorneo - joined 2005
    darkslime - joined 2008

He's following you?
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post

EDIT: It appears for trolling, as she is in the running for CAG Villain of the Year.
    Fuck Hal Halpin for pulling that scam, he'll beat me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Sailorneo - joined 2005
    darkslime - joined 2008

He's following you?
    She may have been a member before but has been giving me shit everytime I post something no matter what I post on every forum I go on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I will on thursday if anybody's curious for pics of the insides of the boxes and of the rest of the place.
    I also vote for seeing more pictures of this place. It makes me want to go down there and investigate for myself. And if you ever pop down to the Austin dock sale, take a few shots of that one too!

I got a bit of cabin fever and had to get out of the house tonight. So I went to a Play N Trade and a few Movie Trading Company stores. I bought the Sega Master System version of Gain Ground at Play N' Trade for less than $3 after tax. After I got to my car I looked it up on my iPod Touch's game rarity app and it wasn't listed. I looked it up here, and apparently it wasn't released in the US. Cool, an import! At a Movie Trading Company I picked up Insector X and that Genesis controller that looks oddly like a SNES controller. They also had an NES controller shaped like a Genesis controller, but I didn't bother getting it.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've seen a few SMS imports myself. My hometown PnT had Sonic the Hedgehog (I HOPE this was the European version, or I will hit myself for not getting it), Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Sonic Chaos all sitting in a bargain bin for a while last year.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    redraid
    PSN
    redraid

I know I am probably going to get grilled for this because I am so new but what is with all the arguing on this thread? I come on here and try to see what new finds community members have picked it up and all I see are people arguing with one another, it's getting pretty ridiculous. Why can't people just post and comment on the finds and leave it at that. That's my opinion and I know it doesn't really matter but it is a big distraction for new members who are trying to become active in the community.

Anyway, I was able to make a small find today, I got Earthworm Jim 1 & 2, and BlackThorne for the SNES today for $10.00.
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Brodie Bruce

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreadIsReal View Post
    I know I am probably going to get grilled for this because I am so new but what is with all the arguing on this thread? I come on here and try to see what new finds community members have picked it up and all I see are people arguing with one another, it's getting pretty ridiculous. Why can't people just post and comment on the finds and leave it at that. That's my opinion and I know it doesn't really matter but it is a big distraction for new members who are trying to become active in the community.

Anyway, I was able to make a small find today, I got Earthworm Jim 1 & 2, and BlackThorne for the SNES today for $10.00.
    Sibling squabbles I suppose...Been that way here since I can remember, but never bothered me; kinda fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    redraid
    PSN
    redraid

Quote Originally Posted by icarwngs55 View Post
    Sibling squabbles I suppose...Been that way here since I can remember, but never bothered me; kinda fun
    Yeah, you're right. Awesome avatar by the way.
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Brodie Bruce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Quote Originally Posted by DreadIsReal View Post
    Chick fight. As soon as we get the kiddy pool full of warm chocolate pudding the real fun begins. Pics will soon follow.

Excelent......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We like to argue, big woop, want to [strike]fight[/strike] argue about it! I'm sorry for jumping on darkslime so quickly though, I've been on the short end of that stick more than a few times and it's annoying someone would appear to seem to be so blatant about it.

I gots some things this week too.

Sim Earth, Sherlock Holmes Vol 2 from DreamTR, and one of those Langrisser 2 repros that Bratwurst made awhile back. I missed my chance to get one the last time, I'm happy that I was able to pick one up now. Also, got a few more of those big black CDs with the grooves in them last weekend.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    She may have been a member before but has been giving me shit everytime I post something no matter what I post on every forum I go on.
    Classy.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In any case...moving on.

My copy of Snatcher came in last night. That brings me down to only 3 R6s left for Sega CD, and the rest of the collection will be simple to complete after that. I've got Keio and Snatcher out of the way It will be nice to finally complete a collection, instead of being ~10-15 away for a few of them (looking at you Jaguar, Jaguar CD, 7800 and 32X).

Also, for a nice little story:
    A friend of mine gave me her copy of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete. Besides the fact that it's awesome, it also rounds out my missing Lunar copy for PSX.

Why did she give me a copy of this, though? For some background:
    She is a former co-worker of my fiancee's and suffers from bipolar disorder. She's had her struggles with it and has finally found some medication that allows her to function without making her sick. Her mother suffers from a rare disorder that causes tumors to appear in her bloodstream, her grandmother is recovering from an injury, and both are on oxygen. She's been coming over for various parties and gaming for the past year+ and has been a welcome addition, even if I have to drive across town and back at odd hours.

During that time, my fiancee graduated with her bachelor's degree and has almost finished her masters. I've overcome the fact that my school dropped me with 18 weeks left for my bachelor's to work in the gaming industry as a Software Engineer and I'm currently working on finishing up my degree. She originally dropped out because of her illness issues with bipolar, but because of our encouragements and motivation to get back in, she recently was able to clear up her loan issues and found out that when she gets back into school, she'll enter as a Junior with 6 credit hours left before she's a Senior. She gave us the game as thanks for the motivation to finish up her degree and allow her and her family to improve their lives, and she knows the game will be treasured as part of my collection (I always show off my Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete when people come by).

...needless to say, it's going up on my display shelf and I'll ensure that it'll be counted in the collection, but it will be a prize piece. When I get a copy of Lunar 2 for Sega CD, I'll break both out to compare.

EDIT: I couldn't write/read that without any tears after the discussion we had last night when I dropped her off at home. Sorry if I rambled on, but it means a lot to me.
    Last edited by Shadow Kisuragi; 02-10-2010 at 10:07 AM.