Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: February 2010 Finds

Strawberry (Level 2) cityside75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Letiumtide View Post
    My other guess would be if the caseless version was the non-GH disc. Which if somebody was looking to replace their non-GH disc might be much more appealing. It's what we did at the store I work at about a year ago. In fact, the caseless copy sold almost immediately while the GH sat around for awhile longer.
    Now that you mention it, the loose disc was a black label disc. I'd say you were exactly right, but when I was checking out the girl said that she oversaw the game department and my copy had somehow "slipped through" and she hadn't seen it.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I never have much to post here, but here's something

Final Fantasy 7 (ps1, disks only)
    Final Fantasy Tactics (ps1, disk only)
    Silent Hill (ps1, disk only)
    Xbox system
    2 first party controllers plus hook-ups
    Halo 1, 2
    some other random games for the system

All free from a regular customer who just gave them to me since he sold off his entire collection and those were the last items he had. PS1 games for me, the xbox is going to my friends kid.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Legend Of Zelda's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finds for today:

Super Mario Kart $3
    Super Adventure Island $3
    Tetris Attack $3 (cart has a Hollywood Video sticker on it from Kansas City. I thought it was cool how stuff goes to all sorts of different places so I left it on, and it would be a bitch to get off.)
    Collecting Zelda games/items. Pm me with something interesting

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legend Of Zelda View Post
    Finds for today:

Super Mario Kart $3
    Super Adventure Island $3
    Tetris Attack $3 (cart has a Hollywood Video sticker on it from Kansas City. I thought it was cool how stuff goes to all sorts of different places so I left it on, and it would be a bitch to get off.)
    Good NES finds, especially on that Super Adventure Island!
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Decided to check out the last Hollywood Video I know of in my area. There were a reasonably good selection, but I settled on two.

Condemned 2: Bloodshot (360) $8
    Phantasy Star Universe (360) $8

Meh, not bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

My find of a life time!!!:

Now I know what you are thinking to yourself "Why the heck would GTA and Dodgeball be finds of a lifetime? Well it's not what they are but how I got them. So sit back, grab a coke and enjoy.

A few weeks ago I was at Rogers trying to spend the points remaining on my points card but I couldn't find anything. My girlfriend found a couple movies she wanted to rent though so she goes through the till and they offer her a coupon book which I am able to use my points on. I get it and we get a couple movies for free and some popcorn but there is also 2 buy one get one coupons for previously played games, that being the main reason I buy it.

Well time goes by and I use the first one and then we are driving around last night and come across another Roger's. Since I still have one more buy one get one coupon that has to be used by the 5th I figure why not check it out. Go in look at the games. GTA has a really old sticker on it, it's actually only 14.99 as I had seen at another location. So I grab dodgeball and GTA and go through the till.

As I'm going through the cashier mentions about how expensive dodgeball is at 20 bucks, so my girlfriend tells him that he could lower it and that Blockbuster's has done it for her in the past. He kinda laughs and says "If you can answer a trivia question correctly I'll give you both games for free and I'll give you your coupon back" My girlfriend jumps at the chance so he asks his question "GTA Liberty City stories for the PSP was recalled, why?" At this point I start to shit myself because I know that somewhere in my tiny little video game obsessed brain I know the answer. So I give the only response that makes any sense to me "It was recalled because it was used to hack the PSP" He stares at me for a second and tells me that I'm right, so he rings through the games using whatever code it is. Hands me the games and then we start talking about his collection.

I am still stunned that A: I knew the answer and B: that he actually stuck to it. Even this morning it seems impossible that I actually got them for free from a chain store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8 View Post
    My find of a life time!!!:

Now I know what you are thinking to yourself "Why the heck would GTA and Dodgeball be finds of a lifetime? Well it's not what they are but how I got them. So sit back, grab a coke and enjoy.

A few weeks ago I was at Rogers trying to spend the points remaining on my points card but I couldn't find anything. My girlfriend found a couple movies she wanted to rent though so she goes through the till and they offer her a coupon book which I am able to use my points on. I get it and we get a couple movies for free and some popcorn but there is also 2 buy one get one coupons for previously played games, that being the main reason I buy it.

Well time goes by and I use the first one and then we are driving around last night and come across another Roger's. Since I still have one more buy one get one coupon that has to be used by the 5th I figure why not check it out. Go in look at the games. GTA has a really old sticker on it, it's actually only 14.99 as I had seen at another location. So I grab dodgeball and GTA and go through the till.

As I'm going through the cashier mentions about how expensive dodgeball is at 20 bucks, so my girlfriend tells him that he could lower it and that Blockbuster's has done it for her in the past. He kinda laughs and says "If you can answer a trivia question correctly I'll give you both games for free and I'll give you your coupon back" My girlfriend jumps at the chance so he asks his question "GTA Liberty City stories for the PSP was recalled, why?" At this point I start to shit myself because I know that somewhere in my tiny little video game obsessed brain I know the answer. So I give the only response that makes any sense to me "It was recalled because it was used to hack the PSP" He stares at me for a second and tells me that I'm right, so he rings through the games using whatever code it is. Hands me the games and then we start talking about his collection.

I am still stunned that A: I knew the answer and B: that he actually stuck to it. Even this morning it seems impossible that I actually got them for free from a chain store.
    I'll say what I said on CGCC: Nice story and great finds!

Should I go 3 for 3 and assume you posted this on Atariage too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    I'll say what I said on CGCC: Nice story and great finds!

Should I go 3 for 3 and assume you posted this on Atariage too?
    lol nope I'm not on that one. I'll let you tell everyone over there and then I can comment on it

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Today's finds:
    Pikmin 2 (Gamecube, CIB, some artwork damage, disc scratched) - $5. I'm considering selling it.
    River City Ransom, Bomberman (NES, loose carts) - $3 each.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 02-27-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found Donkey Kong 3 NES and a SNES Jr. style controller, $1 for both.

I also saw an NES with Duck Tales, composite cable and Zapper for 5.99. No power although I tested it with a Genesis Model 1 adapter that was in the thirft store and got the blinking power light. Whether this was the result of incorrect watt value (NES 17W Genesis 35W) or due to the dirty 72pin connector I don't know but I don't have an NES adapter at home to confirm and if I was to get it I would've only wanted to sell a functional system.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I finally got around to going game shopping. Mainly because of this topic, and a call from my dad where he mentioned seeing a ton of games at a toy show he was at. (Didn't remember the titles and didn't pick anything up because I didn't hear him call).

Anyway, went to a resale shop first where I found Tortoise and the Hare for $1

Then I stopped at a used games, music, and video store where I picked up Blast Corps for $3.99 (on sale). I was upset about this sale later on, but one place at a time. They had a lot of games, but they were not anything I was going to pay for. One game worth noting was River City Ransom which they had for $25. Not bad, but I didn't really feel like spending that much on a single game.

Then I tried to stop at another resale shop, but I got there after it had already closed. I'd blame it all on taking too long in the previous store, but my GPS messing up a little has some blame to share.

After that I went to a Goodwill where I picked up the Diddy Kong Racing tape you see there. They also had Double Dribble for $2, and two PS1s loose for $8.99, but I passed because I had no need for them.

Finally I went to another used games, music, and video store that I had been to previously. I was amazed at what they had in. Let's just say I wish my wallet was lined with money so I could have purchased everything:
    -Chrono Trigger x3 -$43 each
    -Secret of Mana -$25
    -Contra III -$15
    -Harvest Moon -$59.99
    -EARTHBOUND!!!! - $79.99
    -Gunstar Heroes -$16
    -The Adventures of Batman and Robin -$25
    (All prices what I think they were sold for)
    And quite a few more games I'm probably forgetting. I didn't have enough money of course to buy everything. They also had Blast Corps for $2 there, so I was a bit upset I had actually bit on the buying it earlier. So I instead left with some other games I was happy to find:
    Perfect Dark $3.99, Kirby's Adventure $5.99, Dynamite Heady - $2.99, Alex Kidd in Miracle World - $3.99.

Pic:
    Yeah, Iphone camera + photobucket probably doesn't mix.
    I have a sig?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8 View Post
    lol nope I'm not on that one. I'll let you tell everyone over there and then I can comment on it
    Oh I thought you were on AA, oops my bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

ok so not a find really, but just ordered an F 16 go snes handheld by YOBO via estarland.com

I was hoping for years that somebody would make an snes handheld and finally it came to fruition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I once saw a woman asking about some NES games at a flea, and the woman told her they were $2 in Spanish. A minute later I asked her how much they were, and she wanted $5 for them.
    I guarantee if you would have asked in Spanish she would have said $2. I always get better deals at the swap meet talking in Spanish because if you don't they think you are a stupid white boy.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    I guarantee if you would have asked in Spanish she would have said $2. I always get better deals at the swap meet talking in Spanish because if you don't they think you are a stupid white boy.
    Heh. It's backwards for me. There's one or two English speaking vendors. I usually speak nothing but Spanish because well, about 95% of the people at the flea market are Mexican or speak Spanish. :P Whenever these vendors speak back to me in broken Spanish, I respond in English.

Sometimes it's just less of a hassle for them to talk to people in their native tongue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Bought Rockband 2, a mic stand, and eye toy.

33$ RB2
    20$ MIC stand
    3$ eye toy

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to a PnT, got a Genesis model 2 and two Dreamcast games: Omikron (disc and manual) and Toy Commander (CIB).
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While out of town, I stopped into a few gaming stores and picked up:

Pinball of the Dead (GBA) - CIB. I've been kicking myself for the past 5 years on passing this up when Wal*Mart had them clearanced for $10, but now I finally have it

Starlancer (DC) - CIB. Marked down from $26.99 (ouch) to $3.99!

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (DS) - NIB. The Gamestop here is selling these new for only $9.99! Best of all, it was still shrinkwrapped!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a couple things for the Dreamcast yesterday:

Chu Chu Rocket! (complete) - $5
    Black VMU (loose) - $1.20

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wandered around yesterday to a bunch of places thanks to an urge I got to go digging after reading the Alfador Neo-Geo Craigslist find and the crazy sealed Stadium Events fiasco on eBay Friday. It wasn't an amazing day for games, but what I managed to scoop up:
    NES:
    Adventure Island (L - $1)
    The Last Ninja (L - $1)
    Elevator Action (L - $3)
    Went to a pawn shop and stumbled across these among a bunch of desirable games and although I'd been holding out on buying AI and EA for a long time I just finally broke down and bought them. Had to look up The Last Ninja wondering what the hell it was, hitting the DP guide and watching a YouTube clip on the mobile made me pick it up.

PS2:
    Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (C - $5)
    At one of the local game stores they amazingly had GH2 and 3 for $5 each, and multiple copies. I wasn't aware of the huge price drop in their rates, almost bought a copy for $15 earlier in the week (well, not really ). I guess the GH craze is over due to the over-saturation for the past few years? Either way, new tunes to rock to.

PC:
    Maabus (CIB - $3)
    At the earlier pawn shop this poor adventure game was standing out from the surrounding CD jewel cases of common PC titles. It has a nice box and foam inserts with a cool instruction manual and other goodies, couldn't pass it up.

At some thrift stores I picked up a bunch of records and CDs which I'll post in the appropriate threads. On another note though, at a different game store I pick up some comic books:
    Superman War of the Worlds
    Superman Birthright (issues #1-12)
    Total was $8 and figured once I finished reading New Krypton I'd start on these.
    Last edited by cyberfluxor; 02-28-2010 at 01:20 PM.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]