Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2010 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally got some kind of find, which makes me happy.

Basketball (Complete)
    Star Strike (Complete)
    Soccer (Complete)
    Sea Battle (Complete)
    Tron: Solar Sailer (Complete)
    Astrosmash (Complete)
    Poker and Blackjack (Complete)
    Donkey Kong (Box+Instructions)
    Kool-Aid Man (Complete)
    Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (Complete)

Intellivoice (loose)

Intellivision System (loose)

all for $25 from Craigslist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

today's find
    ps1 cib
    punky skunk (r7)4.99
    international track and field-long box, 1.99$
    nes(cart only)
    superman 4.99
    fist of the north star 4.99
    genesis
    jurassic park cib 2.00
    snes
    star trek next gen (cib) 1.99
    pc
    the 7th guest 1.00
    under a killing moon (big box) 2.00

also a n64 30 catridges holder 3.99 (some sort of drawer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    You might not have ever ended up in this shop, it's a little hell hole in the middle of a crumbling strip mall. I pass by it all the time but it never occurred to me to stop in the place until the middle of last year. Stopped by a few months later to pick up Shadow of the Beast II for the Sega CD only to see that they'd marked it up from $9.99 to $18.99. That's why I was so shocked to see the prices of those import Dreamcast games.
    Yea, it's a pretty bad place and even knowing where it is, I've only been there twice. Their selection is not that great, but apparently they will deal on prices a fair amount.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Legend View Post
    The Grant location is by far the highest priced location. Ive been finding great deals at the NW and east side stores.
    Heh, that's so funny because that site used to be epic for me when I drove down there years ago. Their genesis collection used to be absolutely amazing. I got so many good games there. I remember when they had tons of great CIB NES games for fair prices and a bunch of rare saturn games at equally fair prices....hell I even got a Swordquest Waterworld with the manual, 3 comics and rules sheet for 2 bucks, ;D.

Went there like a year ago...sucks ass.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting finds at the dock sale today.

They had at least 120+ CDs this time. All of it was interesting stuff, too. Indie, emo, punk, alt, techno, all sorts of odd genres and bands. I myself got 40 CDs of bands like remy zero, Billy Talent, Year of the Rabbit, Firewater, David Baerwald, Treble Charger, Radford, Interpol, The Revolution Smile, Drive-by Truckers, Thursday, The Levellers, Ima Robot, Freedom Fighters, Humble Gods, Marc Copley and many, many others. I just tried to get bands with interesting cover art that I had never heard of. I've only looked up 1/4 of the CDs and I've already found 1 that's worth like $25-30. It'll be fun going through all this, so many bands I've never heard of. It's a great opportunity to get into some new stuff. The interesting thing about these CDs are that most of them are Radio/promo/single versions. The CDs were $0.50 a piece, btw.

I noticed several of the radio CDs have warnings about not being able to rip music off of them (and not only that it's illegal, the CDs themselve won't even play in a computer). Well, hope I don't like the bands that have uprip-able CDs.

Neatest CDs in the lot: Trans-Siberian Orchestra Promo disc, The Killers Mr. Brightside promo, and "Man on the Burning Tightrope" by Firewater.

Might as well add, I got 2 non-music CDs, Age of Empires: Rise of Rome expansion for myself and a sealed Recovery/Microsoft Office Onenote 2003 disc set for a Toshiba Satellite A100 series laptop. Also got 2 empty PS1 dual-jewelcase CD cases from racing games and an empty DS case for some Pokemon game (has the manual and everything, though). The Pokemon game isn't Dash, Trozei, or any of the ranger games. I'll have to remember which one it is. (EDIT: Just looked and the case and everything is for Pokemon Platinum. and WTF it's a relatively new game O_o)

Got a Hasbro controller with a USB attachment. There's a little cartridge in it that says "Bubble Bonanza!". That seems to be familiar. I can't remember what it's called but I think we've discussed it on here before. (EDIT: It's a "Net Jet".)

Also found a Game Gear ($3) , and oddly enough across the room (with the CDs) was a copy of CJ Elephant: Fugitive for Game Gear. Dunno the rariety on this one, as it's an R0 in the DP guide.

And finally some sort of memory card that says "Gamedia 24 mega". Guess it's a 24mb... PS2 card?
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 02-04-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Heh, always adding more stuff.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Insert Coin (Level 0) japancollector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New Super Famicom lot for my collection, including a new copy of Do Re Mi Fantasy. Some new Famicom games with some interesting titles. And other stuff. It's on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDJW0u0h5uE

you can find older additions to videogamecollection on my youtube account

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Got my Street Smart PCB in the mail today from KLOV. What an awesome game, and only $25 shipped.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PC-ENGINE HELL View Post
    How in the hell does this guy stay in business? Id seriously like to know...
    I've also wondered and can only assume he does alright with last gen stuff (mostly PS2 surely) and might not be doing too bad with current gen. First time I was in I asked and found out that he will only give me .25 for any NES games as long as he doesn't have it already so if that is all he is giving for anything older then he only spent about 100 total on all of the older games he has and not too much more if he only goes up to .50 or a buck for 16 32 bit stuff then he still hasen't spent too much for all of his stock that is older then last gen.

This guy also had a clothing store before that closed down recently, he actually moved into a much bigger location just around the corner recently but I don't think things are booming that much it's probably just a case of him pouring all of his money into the store.

When I was last in I didn't notice Earthbound or the 2600 bundle but I doubt he sold them (especially around my area) for the asking prices I quoted especially with the 2600.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Here's a photo of yesterday's finds.

And today's finds...

Star Control 1+2 CD = $1
    Windows 2000 Professional CIB - $5
    Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Resident Evil 2, Fighters Megamix were $5 each.

The PS1 games were all in a pile of random PS1 sports games. I got a bargain because the guy who was there likes me because I bought a Lynyrd Skynyrd CD a while back. RE2 includes some sort of Funcoland phone card. That was weird.

Fighters Megamix is damn minty fresh, other than your standard Saturn manual storage warping. They had several sports games, Robotica, that crap Criticom game, Bust-A-Move 2, and I forget what else for $5 each. So I bought the only game I wanted. The same booth also had... a SNES with a Game Doctor II for $40. The GDII seemed beat up, but it was complete (the cart slot was taped over for some reason, wtf). The guy also had eight random Super Famicom games: Dragon Ball Z Shin Butouden 3, Street Fighter II, Super Double Dragon, a Goemon game, a Turtles game (probably TMNT IV), a bootleg cart, and I forget what else. I'm considering buying the GDII, but... eh.

Anyone interested in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Big day today at Play N Trade!

Total after tax? $14.94.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

JESUS, Geddon D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

lol well done. If this PnT is in NJ, I'm going to kill myself.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oooh Kitsune, I completely forgot about Cause and Effect... I'm gonna have to look for some of their stuff now...

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    Sure. Give me a few days, I have to get it out of storage.

I'm looking for PS1 stuff lately, I'd love some NES, SNES stuff too.
    I've got a decent chunk of NES stuff that I need to go through for trade and some SNES stuff, though no where near the same amount.

Good find with awesome prices there Geddon, especially with Little Samson.
    I'll take a stab at this - are these from FL? I see FL on the price tag, and was wondering if that was a state deal or just something they print out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just won a NG demo. Can't wait for it to arrive.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A good day at Goodwill today:

A whole stack of mint, complete SMS and Genesis games on the VHS shelves...99 cents each.

A tiny LCD handheld on card for 99 cents...for decoration, NOT for play!

A Gameboy Pocket/Color AC adaptor...also 99 cents.

And the 3rd Golden Tee plug-in I've found in the last few months...$2.99...hopefully they'll sell at the Midwest Gaming Classic!

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    lol well done. If this PnT is in NJ, I'm going to kill myself.
    Heh, thanks. Nah, this was right here in the Tampa bay area. The next best score I had from this store was a CIB Genesis Moonwalker cart, about 2 weeks before MJ died, for $5.

The funny thing about this is, I scoured the NES rack twice and found the Power Blade 2. I went to pay and the owner was on the phone and asked me to wait a minute. I was a little pissed off, and went back to the NES rack to kill time while he chatted with whoever. That's when I saw the Little Samson, and I was pissed at myself for not noticing it earlier! If that guy wasn't on the phone, it would still be in the store right now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter View Post
    And the 3rd Golden Tee plug-in I've found in the last few months...$2.99.
    I've been finding these things a lot lately, although I've been noticing that some have red trackballs inside them and some don't. I wonder what the difference is, revision-wise?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geddon_jt View Post
    Big day today at Play N Trade!

Total after tax? $14.94.
    Nice little grab there. The Play N Trade up the road from me closed up a few months ago, but they had idiotic prices on loose CDs, like one disc copy of Lunar for the Sega-CD was $65. Went out of my way a few years ago to their Outerbanks, NC store in Nags Head (50 miles away) and that was a complete bust. All the ones around here within 20 miles aren't any good either. I've had best luck with their store in Richmond, VA that's nearly 200 miles away, bought a dozen items from there in the past. They had a Neo-Geo AES come in but they hadn't priced it because they were waiting on the seller to bring in the games. That one gets some good movement due to being in the capital and around a large college.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin- View Post
    Heh, that's so funny because that site used to be epic for me when I drove down there years ago. Their genesis collection used to be absolutely amazing. I got so many good games there. I remember when they had tons of great CIB NES games for fair prices and a bunch of rare saturn games at equally fair prices....hell I even got a Swordquest Waterworld with the manual, 3 comics and rules sheet for 2 bucks, ;D.

Went there like a year ago...sucks ass.
    The Grant location is generally overpriced, but occasionally I get a good deal there. Speedway one usually has fair prices, and if they aren't and you ask they will lower them. I hardly ever check the one on Ina because it is a 30 minute drive from here.