Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2010 Finds

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found a decent selection of PSP games today:

Mana Khemia: Student Alliance for $19.99 (New) - It was the display copy at HMV, so it was gutted. Because of this, there is a hole and a couple of cracks in one corner of the case, which I didn't notice until I got home. However, the disk & manual still look like new, so it's not such a big deal to me.

Hammerin' Hero for $39.99 (New) - I've been looking for something other than RPG's for my PSP, and this looked like it could be fun.

Me & My Katamari for $15.96 (Used) - It looks like going to have to return this one. When I took the UMD out of the case, I noticed that the top of the UMD's plastic covering had split open, and it won't snap back together again. Does anybody know of a way to repair it? I really want to try this game, but I'm worried that it might damage my PSP.

Lexar 8 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for $39.99 (New) - I bought this so I could transfer movies onto my PSP. But for some reason, only some of my MP4 movies work on it. Is there a particular MP4 format that the files need to be in?

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    Mana Khemia: Student Alliance for $19.99 (New) - It was the display copy at HMV, so it was gutted. Because of this, there is a hole and a couple of cracks in one corner of the case, which I didn't notice until I got home. However, the disk & manual still look like new, so it's not such a big deal to me.

Hammerin' Hero for $39.99 (New) - I've been looking for something other than RPG's for my PSP, and this looked like it could be fun.

Me & My Katamari for $15.96 (Used) - It looks like going to have to return this one. When I took the UMD out of the case, I noticed that the top of the UMD's plastic covering had split open, and it won't snap back together again. Does anybody know of a way to repair it? I really want to try this game, but I'm worried that it might damage my PSP.

Lexar 8 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for $39.99 (New) - I bought this so I could transfer movies onto my PSP. But for some reason, only some of my MP4 movies work on it. Is there a particular MP4 format that the files need to be in?
    I've seen "refurbished" PSP games at GS that had a clear casing around the disc part instead of the standard Sony white case. I'm sure there's a site out there that sells replacement UMD shells.

As for Hammerin Hero...ouch, you might want to take that back. All of the GS around here have it for $15-20. I think it was set to $15 at one point and GS raised it back up to $20. Still, that's a pretty steep price on that. Of course if you find it at GS, you'll probably have to settle for their version of "new" but that's worth saving $20 IMO.

Speaking of PSP and GS, I snapped up Every Extend Extra for $5. I almost picked up Folklore on PS3 at Wal-Mart for $20 but decided against it as I have a few other things I need to pay for first. They had 5 or 6 copies that I saw so I should be okay for a week or so hopefully.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    Nice little grab there. The Play N Trade up the road from me closed up a few months ago, but they had idiotic prices on loose CDs, like one disc copy of Lunar for the Sega-CD was $65. Went out of my way a few years ago to their Outerbanks, NC store in Nags Head (50 miles away) and that was a complete bust. All the ones around here within 20 miles aren't any good either. I've had best luck with their store in Richmond, VA that's nearly 200 miles away, bought a dozen items from there in the past. They had a Neo-Geo AES come in but they hadn't priced it because they were waiting on the seller to bring in the games. That one gets some good movement due to being in the capital and around a large college.
    cyber, which P N T closed in Hampton Roads? Was it the one in Greenbrier? I haven't lived down there for over 2 years now. Also, I know the P N T in Richmond that you're talking about. I bought my Turbo-Grafx 16 there, but I haven't bought anything else there since I noticed that the copy of R-Type Delta I bought there a year ago had been heavily resurfaced.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    I've seen "refurbished" PSP games at GS that had a clear casing around the disc part instead of the standard Sony white case. I'm sure there's a site out there that sells replacement UMD shells.

As for Hammerin Hero...ouch, you might want to take that back. All of the GS around here have it for $15-20. I think it was set to $15 at one point and GS raised it back up to $20. Still, that's a pretty steep price on that. Of course if you find it at GS, you'll probably have to settle for their version of "new" but that's worth saving $20 IMO.
    @ Flashback2012

I actually bought Hammerin' Hero at an EB Games location here in Canada. I've noticed that any price drops that happen at the US EB or GS stores don't seem to be reflected at the stores on my side of border (or on gamestop.ca for that matter). It's too late to return the game anyway because I've already opened and played it. Well, on the bright side, at least I managed to get a factory sealed copy.

Also, I'll keep your suggestion regarding replacement UMD shells in mind. But first I'm going to try and return it the Best Buy that I got it from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geddon_jt View Post
    Big day today at Play N Trade!
    That makes me miss a local Play N Trade that closed up recently (along with every other PNT in the Portland area, unfortunately). It was a pretty good place to find uncommon NES games - nothing as rare as Little Samson, but I scored a few titles that I hadn't seen in the wild in quite some time, including Kiwi Kraze, Bucky O' Hare, Krazy Kreatures, G.I. Joe: The Atlantis Factor, and Bartman meets Radioactive Man. Most of their NES games were $2.99 each.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 02-05-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up a couple gaming type things today at a book sale. I got the Prima Official Game Guide for The Lord of the Rings Online - Shadows of Angmar, volumes 1 & 2. They were $1 each and are both sealed in plastic. I also picked up 3 Magic Knight Rayearth VHS tapes for $1 each. The first is opened, but the other 2 are sealed. And, of course, as my luck would have it, the tapes are #s 1, 3, and 5 of the series. I made sure to see if there were any others, but these were all I saw. Maybe that is why the last 2 weren't opened.

Anybody interested in the strategy guides, give me a yell.

JY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found a decent selection of PSP games today:

So you didn't get the outer carton box that also housed the soundtrack CD and I think a poster as well? That sucks...

Also, Geddon jt's pictures are gone... From what I gathered in his following post he found Power Blade 2 and Little Samson. Nice, but I'm curious what condition they were in, complete?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Quote Originally Posted by Xexyz View Post
    Also, Geddon jt's pictures are gone... From what I gathered in his following post he found Power Blade 2 and Little Samson. Nice, but I'm curious what condition they were in, complete?
    They were loose but they looked like they were in good condition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Play N Trade is having a Buy 1 get one 50% off sale, so I grabbed a few Xbox games - all complete and in great shape:

Batman Begins
    Dreamfall: The Longest journey
    Max Payne 2
    Scooby Doo Mystery Mayhem
    Spartan: Total Warrior
    SSX3

All for around $20.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Geddon's picture is still there...
    He nabbed Power Blade 2, Family Fitness, King's Knight and Little Sampson. all loose.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    Geddon's picture is still there...
    He nabbed Power Blade 2, Family Fitness, King's Knight and Little Sampson. all loose.
    Just to clarify its Athletic World not Stadium Events, .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xexyz View Post
    So you didn't get the outer carton box that also housed the soundtrack CD and I think a poster as well? That sucks...
    What!? I didn't know it came with that stuff! Darn it! And here I thought I got a decent deal.

Edit: Hey, Xexyz, are you sure you're not thinking of the PS2 version? (FYI: Mana Khemia PSP is a port of the 1st PS2 MK game.) Because I just did some research online, and I can't find any proof that Mana Khemia: SA came with any kind of extras.

Also, I forgot to mention one other PSP game I picked up yesterday: Power Stone Collection for $14.99 (Used).
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 02-05-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, sorry. I knew I should've just put Athletic World, but it slipped my mind to edit it and I went out to lunch

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Today's finds:

King's Quest (SMS, complete in box) + Hang-On / Astro something (SMS, complete in box) - $1
    HDMI cable for sister in law - $1
    Interstate '76 Gold Edition with bonus pack, Visual C++ 5.0 Professional (disc with key), Starcraft 1.0, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy CD - $7
    AC Adapter for signal booster thing - $1
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin- View Post
    Just to clarify its Athletic World not Stadium Events, .
    Haha... yep

Ah, Athletic World, the one NES game that can almost give you a heart attack just by looking at it!

Sorry about the picture problems. The games were King's Knight, Athletic World, Power Blade 2 and Little Samson. All loose, but extremely clean. All were $2.99, but Little Samson was $4.99 (go figure).

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$100 shipped for all 23 games. I was happy with the deal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Someone tipped me off about a game clearance sale that is happing at my town's local liquidation store. So I went down this afternoon, and found they were selling last generation's games (GBA, GC, Xbox, etc.) at the sale price of 2 for $15.

A lot of it was crap, but there were some gems to had. Here's what I picked up:

GameCube:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Mario Power Tennis

Mario Superstar Baseball

Super Mario Strikers

GBA:

The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night

Naruto Ninja Council 2

I also took a browse around the rest of the store, and found a cool Sonic Rush Adventure wallscroll for $4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

After going to my brother's house to pick up $50 that he owed me, I decided to hit a few thrifts and a Movie Trading Company on the way home.

The mini SNES was $6.95 (no controllers), the Tandy Football was $1.99, and everything else has price tags on them. This is my first SNES. I've never bothered getting one in the past, because I think Nintendo sucks and never liked their business tactics in the '80s. Picked up T-Mek for the 32X for $2.99, just because it's hard to find and I loved the arcade game. The Atari game, Star Ship, I picked up because I've never seen that label before. I thought Atari had discontinued Star Ship before they started calling the console the "Atari 2600". Mega Man X was $2.95, just so I'd have a game for the SNES to try it out. The Dreamcast Bleem! is for Metal Gear Solid, and it's got MGS disc 2 inside the case.

Something I couldn't pass up, a game by Lakeside called Can It!, made in 1974. It's a kid's game where you have to use little plastic catapults to fling garbage into the can (fish skeletons, old bones, broken plates, and busted pots and pans). Made in the USA, and sturdy as hell. It looks like it was just manufactured, like it rolled off the assembly line yesterday. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some recents finds, all CIB! The Dragon Warrior even has the original shrinkwrap on it still...

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What!? I didn't know it came with that stuff! Darn it! And here I thought I got a decent deal.

Edit: Hey, Xexyz, are you sure you're not thinking of the PS2 version? (FYI: Mana Khemia PSP is a port of the 1st PS2 MK game.) Because I just did some research online, and I can't find any proof that Mana Khemia: SA came with any kind of extras.

Also, I forgot to mention one other PSP game I picked up yesterday: Power Stone Collection for $14.99 (Used).
    To the best of my knowledge, the PSP version was not packaged in the same manner as its PS2 counterparts. The only PSP games I'm aware of that had the over sized cardboard packaging were Persona and Prinny: CIRBTH?

Just to be sure, I double checked NIS' website and couldn't find anything on a cardboard boxed release of the PSP version. If there was one, the NIS store site makes no mention of it that I could find. I also checked Amazon, nothing there either.

I really don't think you missed out on anything with the PSP release SQ, when I bought my copy it had nothing with it and I got it brand new in the shrinkwrap.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"