Back in the mid-late 90's, I like many others (I hope not too many) fell victim to several alluring "Galaxy of Games" type CDs that were sold in bargain bins at Staples and Babbage's. The promise of 300+ games always fell short of course, but there would usually be a few good free or shareware titles in them.

However, I've found that most of these have been lost to time, and have no idea how to find any info on them. To make matters worse, I use a Mac now, so I can't even test out the old disks to test out said games.

One game in particular that eludes me is called "Dave Dude in the Holiday Story". Google provides little more than the same faqs that I looked up 12 years ago, and no Youtube videos seem to exist. Alas, for the time being, the game seems doomed to fall into obscurity like many others, as many were mail order only.

So has anyone played the full version of this game, or even the demo? More importantly, what's your experience with shareware titles, ever order a full version of one? Ever have one seem to be lose forever?