Thread: Blue Chicago Blues - how do I not die?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Default Blue Chicago Blues - how do I not die?

I've been playing Blue Chicago Blues for Laseractive recently, and I've been enjoying it except for all the times the game kills you without letting you know you made a bad mistake. I'm hoping someone knows how to avoid it, because it's driving me crazy!

I've survived the first and second nights fine, but I can't seem to figure out how to avoid getting killed on Nov. 12 (the third night).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm off today - give me a moment to see if I can find my old notebook - i transcribed most of the game by hand. I'll look later today since it's 1am right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Thanks a lot, Dangerboy! I knew this was the right place to ask.

If you know that there's any gotchas like that on the other days (looks like there must be a deathtrap on every day), I'd appreciate anything you've got on those too.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

GameFAQs doesn't have this game, GBC, or else I would just have used it. The Laseractive is a really obscure system. GameFAQs pretty much doesn't cover any games for it.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    GameFAQs doesn't have this game, GBC, or else I would just have used it. The Laseractive is a really obscure system. GameFAQs pretty much doesn't cover any games for it.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/laser/home/941922.html

However, you're correct, no one has written for it. I contribute regularly, I'll see if anyone in the group has the game and would be willing to cover it.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Blue Chicago Blues is one of the rarest North American games released for the LA. There won't just be alot of people out there with it. DB has done a few Laseractive writeups for GameFAQs and just give him time to find the notebook. Blue Chicago Blues was the last game he needed and he did a write up for it, just not done up or anything.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay...I found my notes...all of them except Blue Chicago Blues >_>;;;

I have the Manhattan Reqiuem and I Will Notes. My BSB ones are MIA.

Can you tell me what the three nights are sequentially? That might jog a memory synapse. I distinctly recall the 'you NEED to have the drink with your partner' which is night 2 i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Oh no. ;.; Thanks so much for checking!

That was night one.

Night one is when you have to drink with your partner - it's soon after the intro. Night two is the introduction to the case, including the first meeting with James Hart and the female doctor; not dying involves searching Angie's room, not the study, and hiding the results of the search from her father.

Day three is further investigation. It opens with the meeting with the photographer. Further options in that day include going to Sports Dreamer, his store; pestering the secretary at BR company until she tells you where he had his car fixed; checking in on the car at the garage; following James to the writing club; taking the dream journal to be analyzed; and visiting the photographer at the bar after 6:00.

PapaStu: Yes, I was worried about finding help for that reason! And not many people are going to have played the Japanese-only releases on other platforms. I have the bilingual Japanese version, which seems to be very rare too - I've only ever seen a few copies change hands on auction sites.

Speaking of bilingual - I was surprised that the Japanese MegaLD version has no Japanese voices, only English. CyberRoach's writeup on the North American says that the game has voices in both languages; is he remembering wrong, or did other LA versions have both languages?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Hell, does the PS1 version have English voices? If so, I'd like to ah, obtain a copy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Nope. For whatever reason, every single other version of the game has Japanese voices and text only as far as I know. :/ Even though it was originally shot in English with American actors in Chicago, and might not have shipped with any Japanese voices originally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ugh...it's been too long...

I think...something may have to do with the photographer...or the writing club. God damn it's been too long...

Wear did I put that damn notebook...

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Blue Chicago Blues is one of the rarest North American games released for the LA. There won't just be alot of people out there with it. DB has done a few Laseractive writeups for GameFAQs and just give him time to find the notebook. Blue Chicago Blues was the last game he needed and he did a write up for it, just not done up or anything.
    But the game has been released for several consoles in Japan, so I'm a bit surprised no one has written a FAQ for any of them.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    But the game has been released for several consoles in Japan, so I'm a bit surprised no one has written a FAQ for any of them.
    That's part of the problem, actually. Normally, if a game released in Japan doesn't sell well within a short amount of time, printing is discontinued. We see this in the US as well, but at a much smaller frequency. If games for this system are as obscure as is being indicated, I can't imagine they sold will in Japan, thus their being few copies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Mobiusclimber means that it was later ported to a lot of other platforms - there were versions for at least PC-FX, 3DO, PS1, Saturn, and PC in addition to Laseractive. They're all plentiful and cheap in Japan, so I assume they didn't have limited print runs. I haven't seen any FAQs for those versions though - maybe because they're only in Japanese.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    Mobiusclimber means that it was later ported to a lot of other platforms - there were versions for at least PC-FX, 3DO, PS1, Saturn, and PC in addition to Laseractive. They're all plentiful and cheap in Japan, so I assume they didn't have limited print runs. I haven't seen any FAQs for those versions though - maybe because they're only in Japanese.
    Yeah, this. I'm shocked that none of the other, Japanese-only, versions have walkthrus given how many Japanese-only games do, including many games that don't have translations (half the time they are written in English by someone either from Japan, or who speaks/reads Japanese as their first language... and then there's people who have studied enough Japanese to be able to play thru a text-heavy game and write a faq for it). Hell, I've started TWO walkthrus for text-heavy Japanese games and I don't know a lick of Japanese (granted, they were never finished, but halfway is still pretty good all things considered).
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com