Hi everyone, I think that this is probably the most appropriate forum to post this in, but feel free to point me somewhere else.

I've run into a rather interesting problem. I just hooked up my Dreamcast to my TV using an S-video cable, and tested it with several games. All of them work perfectly fine. However, then I tried my Japanese copy of Marvel vs. Capcom (not part 2, the original one...part 2 works fine). I get the Dreamcast boot screen, and then I get the Capcom logo. However after that, my TV actually loses the video signal to the DC, but I still get the sound on the title screen.

I re-hooked up the same DC to the same TV but with the standard composite cables (not S-Video). That seems to get rid of the problem.

I don't think I can write this off as a cable issue, because not only is a high quality S-video cable (not one of the cheap Chinese made ones), but I haven't run into this issue with any other of the many games I've tested on it. Has anyone else run into what is apparently a problem with Marvel vs. Capcom not working with S-video?

I don't really hope to get anything out of this since it seems like a rather obscure problem, but if anyone knows anything about it I would appreciate it.