Thread: 2010 Oklahoma Electronic Game Expo - April 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2010 Oklahoma Electronic Game Expo - April 10

It's official, OEGE is BACK! The 2010 Oklahoma Electronic Game Expo and Multimedia Conference will mark our 3rd year of hosting this event, and this year it will be an even bigger event with more speakers, workshops, exhibitors, and game tournaments. This year also features an Animation Festival and various design challenges in areas such as Photoshop and computer programming.

The Oklahoma Electronic Game Expo and Multimedia Conference (OEGE) is a one day conference hosted on the Oklahoma City Community College campus that seeks to bring together students, educators, enthusiasts, and professionals in all areas of Computer-Aided Technology and highlight Oklahoma as a creative outlet for these industries.

The 2010 OEGE event will take place on April 10th from 9:00am to 4:45pm.
    This event is free and open to the public, so bring your friends and come check it out!

For more information about OEGE check out oege.gamesok.org

We are also now accepting applications for exhibitors, sponsors, media partners, and guest speakers as well as animation submissions for our new Animation Festival.

If you would like to participate in this year's event, please visit us at oege.gamesok.org or send an email to oege-info@gamesok.org.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Legendary game designer Ralph Baer is set to speak via Skype at OEGE this year. Baer is widely known as “The Father of Video Games” who is noted for his many contributions including the “Brown Box” console video game system, which later became known as the “Magnavox Odyssey”, which was released to the public in 1972. Baer would later invent the popular interactive “Simon” game by Milton Bradley, which was popular in the late 70’s and early 80’s, as well as many other electronic toys and games, and consumer electronic products.

Baer received the 2008 Developers Choice Awards “Pioneer” award. The award recognizes individuals who have contributed the advancement of the videogame industry through technology, concept, or gameplay design.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ralph Baer, eh?

Pretty neat! I'll definitely be there this year. Last year was a substantial improvement over the first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Anyone going to this?

Here's an updated list of the vendors (and don't forget Ralph Baer will speak via Skype):

Arcade Sales & Rentals
    Arcade Sales & Rentals is your one stop vendor for all things coin operated, specializing in vintage classics. Buy, sell, and rent, they literally do it all! Contact Arcade Sales & Rentals for all your coin operated gaming needs and see first hand the excellence they provide!

Best Buy
    Best Buy is a multinational retailer of technology and entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation.

Best Buy is proud to sponsor OEGE and the official OEGE game tournaments.

Brett Weiss
    Brett Weiss is the author of Classic Home Video Games 1972-1984 and Classic Home Video Games 1985-1988. His work has appeared in Game Informer, Classic Gamer Magazine, Video Game Collector, Video Game Trader, Fangoria, AntiqueWeek, Back Issue, The Comics Buyer’s Guide, and various other publications. Catch up with Brett at his table at the show or on his blog: http://brettweisswords.blogspot.com/

Darkfaery Subculture Magazine
    Darkfaery Subculture Magazine is an underground alternative source for music, costume, and art enthusiasts

Felix Matos
    Felix Matos will be featuring one-of-a-kind movie, horror, and game art.

Be sure to check out www.moviesartwork.com!

Hardcore LAN Center
    Hardcore gaming for hardcore players.

Hardcore LAN Center will be running Madden 2010 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournaments at their booth.

Mana Bomb Game Studio
    Mana Bomb is a brand spankin’ new game development shop started by Dan Weatherman and Jason Boren in the wonderful city of Oklahoma City. Our goal is simple, to make games that you want to play. Over the years we’ve enjoyed our lion’s share of excellent content, now its our turn to try and create something, not just consume it. We do hope you’ll enjoy our creations.

Mana Bomb Game Studio will be displaying Colony Defense, a new tower defense strategy game for PC and XBOX Live.

New World Comics
    Get your fill of classic and recent comic books and graphic novels from New World Comics in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Our comic book store is the best place to find your favorite superheroes including Spiderman™, Batman™, Superman™, and the X-Men™. We buy, sell, and trade from our selection of more than 1,000 titles. Contact us for information about our rare and hard-to-find collection.

Pyralis Entertainment
    Pyralis Entertainment provides variety entertainment for the fringe element. Whether you’re looking for Sword Swallowers, Fire Performers, Comedians, Stilt Walkers, Magicians, Escapologists, Clowns, Jugglers, DJs, VJs, Laser Light Displays, Visual Art, Publishing, Music Recording or even Video Game Development. We will work very closely with you to provide the perfect entertainment for your venue. More info can be found at http://www.myspace.com/pyralisentertainment or you can email us directly at Pyralis.Ent@gmail.com

Vintage Stock
    Vintage Stock is the place for entertainment! From the newest hit movies and video games to the rarest comics and memorabilia, Vintage Stock is the only store to have it all!
    Everything you want, all in one store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For those coming to the Expo, we highly recommend parking in Lot D and using Entrance 6 to the building. Exhibitors should use the same lot and entrance, as this provides the shortest distance from unloading a vehicle to your space.

If you choose to park elsewhere, we highly recommend finding your way to the main entrance; signs will be posted instructing you to the Student Union rooms.

(click images for larger, detailed versions)
    Recommended parking areas and event locations are highlighted in red.

See you tomorrow!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The expo was fun. It was good seeing Rob, neist, and a few other familiar faces. I was virtually the only vendor who had games for sale, but I wish I would have sold more. The tournaments were a lot busier last year, and I sold more stuff last year. I did okay, but was hoping for about 50% more in gross sales. dstone did a great job hosting the event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitgamer View Post
    The expo was fun. It was good seeing Rob, neist, and a few other familiar faces. I was virtually the only vendor who had games for sale, but I wish I would have sold more. The tournaments were a lot busier last year, and I sold more stuff last year. I did okay, but was hoping for about 50% more in gross sales. dstone did a great job hosting the event.
    It was nice meeting you! Truthfully, I didn't really do much besides visit your booth and listen to the Baer presentation. Though he wasn't in person, I can see why he wasn't. He's getting kind of old. It couldn't be the easiest thing for him to come visit from any distance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Wow, can't believe I missed seeing this anywhere. I really wanted to check this show out after missing it last year, but I never managed to see anything or this thread until yesterday, about a month too late. I would have loved to have brought some of my stuff up to sell and check out all of the other vendors stuff. Ah well, I guess next April I need to keep paying more attention!

Cherry (Level 1) HurricaneAndrew's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Wow, can't believe I missed seeing this anywhere. I really wanted to check this show out after missing it last year, but I never managed to see anything or this thread until yesterday, about a month too late. I would have loved to have brought some of my stuff up to sell and check out all of the other vendors stuff. Ah well, I guess next April I need to keep paying more attention!
    Same here, man... I think the Photoshop challenge sounds like it would have been fun. I kick ass with Photoshop. Wish I had noticed this.
    I collect for: Odyssey2, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, ColecoVision, NES, SNES, N64, SMS, Genesis, Dreamcast, PSX, and TI-99/4A