Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

DreamTR: At the tourny where I finished second only to Floe, he used Akuma and absolutely obliterated me and everyone else with him. So I told him to pick Akuma, which he did and I beat him in the money match. Sure, this maybe isn't a big accomplishment to a pro player like you, but I'm not quite on that level yet. I'm just like everyone else here. So me beating a pro player was a big deal to me at the time, especially since this guy wins most, if not all, the tournaments in the Midwest. Sure, the competition here isn't the best especially compared to the EC or WC, but it's like weak divisions in football. You can only win in what you're in. Also, I agree with your balance statement. SFIV really is balanced quite well, and SSFIV will make things very difficult, however if Capcom can pull it off I will be very pleased.

Anyway, the 3rd Strike characters look cool, but I can't see myself using any of em. I think the top 3 most used characters of the new cast will be Dudley, Guy, and Juri.

G-Boobie: I can't make it to this Saturday's tournament because of work, however I do intend on going to the Midwest Championship. Have I ever faced you on Live? Maybe we can get some games in.
    Last edited by Nirvana; 02-17-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    GBoobie: All everyone has done about SF4 is complain about it needing to be rebalanced and "their" characters needing more stuff done to them. I've been playing SF competitively since 1991 and this is definitely the most balanced of the SF games sans ST. People don't know how good they have it when it's already decent sans making Guile and Vega's Ultras useful. When you add more characters to the mix and a new system, something is bound to happen to to characters probably becoming unusable. Look at CVS2 and MVC2. Those games have a plethora of characters but only 8 or so are used in tournament play.

I'm not saying the game is going to be bad by any means, I am merely referring to the balance being changed not to what everyone thinks they are going to like.
    I will agree that anyone complaining about SF4 Sagat being broken has never played anyone half decent with Sagat in CvS2 :P There is some stupid shit in SF4 I'd like them to tweak up, though, like that ridiculous double roundhouse combo of Sagat's, or the fact that links are both a pain in the ass and really, really good. I dunno, Capcom has a trend of improving on the first iteration of a game, so I'm expecting Super to be a sweet enough game.

But what is this ST balanced nonsense? I've always felt that game has had awful balance that people overlooked because it was damn fun anyway. I mean, consider those numerous matches where Fei Long, or Cammy, or Gief, or even Honda couldn't do shit vs matches they straight up dominate(well, in Honda's case). To say nothing of Akuma!

I'm looking to attend MWC as well; now that I have a car that can make that drive. It should provide an excellent chance to go job hunting too...
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I thought there going to be 10 added characters

the Wiki says 8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

The Wiki has 9, and the last character has yet to be revealed. The rumor list says it will be a man named Hakan who is a wrestler obsessed with oil or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I want Karin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

Its gonna be Terry Bogard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Not much of a 3S player myself, so the inclusion of these characters isn't as huge of a deal as it should be for me, however Ibuki just looks ridiculously good. I mean, I know she can do all that stuff in 3rd strike, but damn. I don't want to run into that.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    Skullorama... Skullorama... Skullorama!
    Hey, SFIV pretty much merged the regular and EX series. It could happen.
    Don't you mean SkulloMANIA?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Video of Dudley vs Sagat:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/s...ag=videos;hd;1

Makoto vs. Ibuki

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...lay-movie?hd=1

My take:

- Dudley's voice should be deeper...shouldn't it? o_O
    - Speaking of voices, I can't stand Makoto's screaming when she gets hit
    - Cross Counter is going to be pretty nasty.
    - Ibuki's Kunai ultra looks awesome. I have a feeling she'll be top tier...she's so damn quick and seems like she has a ton of options.

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Dudley is a genuine BEAST in third strike, my friend, and a player favorite. I'm excited to see high level Dudley vs. Balrog play, if only to satisfy my inner nerd. I hope he's as fun as he is in 3S. If so, I'll be picking him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Fenris View Post
    Alex is easily the dullest Street Fighter III character. He's blandly designed, devoid of personality, and not all that fun to play when compared to the rest of the cast.
    What he thinks of Alex, I think of Dudley. I'd take Alex anyday. Bleh.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youruglyclone View Post
    Don't you mean SkulloMANIA?
    Doh! I think that's what I usually called him... Haven't played an EX title for a long time. I always remember the battering ram-like body-launched headbutt move. Hence, Skull-o-rama.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

GBoobie: All everyone has done about SF4 is complain about it needing to be rebalanced and "their" characters needing more stuff done to them. I've been playing SF competitively since 1991 and this is definitely the most balanced of the SF games sans ST. People don't know how good they have it when it's already decent sans making Guile and Vega's Ultras useful. When you add more characters to the mix and a new system, something is bound to happen to to characters probably becoming unusable. Look at CVS2 and MVC2. Those games have a plethora of characters but only 8 or so are used in tournament play.

I'm not saying the game is going to be bad by any means, I am merely referring to the balance being changed not to what everyone thinks they are going to like.
    Ah. I think you're probably right, but I expected that. Any fighting game with that many characters is going to have it's balance issues, and SFIV is fairly well balanced across the board, but I'm taking a wait and see approach. TvC UAS is pretty well balanced, which might be a first for a Vs. series game... Maybe they can do it right in SSFIV.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    I'm looking to attend MWC as well; now that I have a car that can make that drive. It should provide an excellent chance to go job hunting too...
    We should get some games in before that.

Nirvana: Yes, we've played a few Cammy vs. Blanka matches long long ago, but a look at my XBL friends list shows that we're not friends anymore. I must have made an impression. Hit me up on Live if you're interested, gamer tag "Geoffvdl". Or, if you can get up here on any given Saturday, come to a GRAPSF.com meetup. Local play beats online anyday. (You too, ubersaurus).

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ubersaurus: I'm not even doing MWC this year, Keits is doing it and I am letting him use the name. I will decide on whether or not I am returning to it next year or leaving it permanently but I just don't have the time/resources dedicated to give MWC justice at the moment...

Also, in the original ST, every single character has a chance of winning regardless. It's not like someone picks someone and just destroys someone or gets dominated in a match. T Hawk and Cammy are supposed to be bad, but those characters have won tourneys and placed high. Honda basically wins every match against non projectile characters and is supposed to get destroyed by Ken/Ryu, but you have just realize you can't jump at certain angles because you will get swept if you do...it's really just making your move, but in terms of overall play, it is VERY balanced compared to Alpha 2, Alpha 3, CVS1, CVS2; etc...any of the other SF games are very, very top heavy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Nirvana: Yes, we've played a few Cammy vs. Blanka matches long long ago, but a look at my XBL friends list shows that we're not friends anymore. I must have made an impression. Hit me up on Live if you're interested, gamer tag "Geoffvdl". Or, if you can get up here on any given Saturday, come to a GRAPSF.com meetup. Local play beats online anyday. (You too, ubersaurus).
    I actually have too many people on my friends list, and from time to time I just delete people who I honestly have no idea who they are I just forget easily. I'll add you right now and I'll get some more games in with you sometime soon.

eventhubs.com has a video of the 3S characters' ultras. So much hype for this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Ubersaurus: I'm not even doing MWC this year, Keits is doing it and I am letting him use the name. I will decide on whether or not I am returning to it next year or leaving it permanently but I just don't have the time/resources dedicated to give MWC justice at the moment...

Also, in the original ST, every single character has a chance of winning regardless. It's not like someone picks someone and just destroys someone or gets dominated in a match. T Hawk and Cammy are supposed to be bad, but those characters have won tourneys and placed high. Honda basically wins every match against non projectile characters and is supposed to get destroyed by Ken/Ryu, but you have just realize you can't jump at certain angles because you will get swept if you do...it's really just making your move, but in terms of overall play, it is VERY balanced compared to Alpha 2, Alpha 3, CVS1, CVS2; etc...any of the other SF games are very, very top heavy...
    I know you're not working on MWC this year. I'm hoping Keits can put together a good event at any rate :P

While I will agree that ST probably has some of the best balancing in a Capcom game - had the same discussion with my friend "AVX" earlier today about how capcom games have 59045 characters and 3 good ones - it's still pretty wonky. You said it yourself with Honda dominating half the cast and getting his fat ass beat by fireballers. If I'm playing Fei Long, I am screwed against Honda. And of course, there is a reason why Akuma ended up banned in the first place...

Personally I like HD Remix's balancing vs. ST, but it's not like there's a massive gap there.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overbite View Post
    Its gonna be Terry Bogard
    Where's all this talk coming from? I keep hearing people talk about Terry but I can't find any solid speculation WHY he'd be in SIV.

(nice solis av btw)
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    Where's all this talk coming from? I keep hearing people talk about Terry but I can't find any solid speculation WHY he'd be in SIV.

(nice solis av btw)
    XD It's just about confirmed it's Hakan if you watch til the end of the trailer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/3...ler_30810.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/3...uri_30810.html

Hakan videos. He looks ridiculous. No wonder they revealed him last XD

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweet Ibuki is in this, one of my frends is gonna freak when he hears this.

Is there any word of Akuma being in this game as well?

PS. Going on the record, SF 3rd strike is my second favorite fighting game(my first being Marvel Vs Capcom ofcourse), the whole double motion+ punch or kick for a special, actually fucking works in that game(the contols are flawless), where every other game using that method to do supers, work whenever the hell they please(including the new damn SF 4 game. You would think if they got it right in 3rd Strike, they would carry over the coded controls for that aspect, but neh you're better off with just sticking to mini specials in SF 4, that's how much of a crap shoot the real specials are. It also doesn't help that the PS3 controllers suck balls either, but that belongs to another topic).