Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Super Street Fighter IV

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm looking forward to using Juri. I even got a Madcatz PS3 controller with her mug on it. I got the day off on release day, so I'm going to playing all day long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

daigo and justin wong just double ko'd each other in a live stream right now, aaaaaaaaaaaah
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Insert Coin (Level 0) lookfun78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Therealqtip View Post
    I'm a sucker for SF yet I AM the WORST SF player ever. I think I'm doing it wrong.
    You I'm so bad at SF I can't even get past the second stage in any SF game and can't get past round one on SF II on xbox 360.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys hear about equipment being stolen at the SSFIV Launch in LA.http://kotaku.com/5523705/reward-off...hter-iv-launch
    I hope they get their footage back.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lookfun78 View Post
    You I'm so bad at SF I can't even get past the second stage in any SF game and can't get past round one on SF II on xbox 360.
    Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix. Hardest game ever made on normal difficulty. After a ton of continues I made it to the second fighter. The game is ridiculously hard.

That's one thing I hate about the harder difficulties on SF. It seems that the computer is aware of your inputs and will do the exact move needed to counter that input the second it's put in.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    Well, my friend has a modded X-Box, and I actually got to play it. I mostly used Adon and Guy, since I'm really interested in checking them out. Some quick notes.

- SFIV's easy inputs forces out Adon's Jaguar Tooth instead of Jaguar Kick sometimes for me. I gotta clean up my stick usage, but this is the first case in which easy inputs hurt me.

- Adon may not have a ton of links, but his damage output makes up for it. He's definitely a strong character.
    Just played it for the first time tonight: Adon is a tough and annoying character in the right hands. His wall kicks are safe on block, his mixups are serious business, and it seems like everything he does breaks armor. So yeah: I agree.

- As many people noted, counter ultras are useless. However, they do force your opponent to think about them. People I faced thought twice about mashing that option select during blockstrings.
    I mashed out EX upball instead. The worst thing about the counter ultras (Cammy's, anyway), is it doesn't seem to work for special moves: only normals. Which is pretty preposterous considering Dudley's Cross Counter, which is a special that costs no meter and comes out fairly quickly, DOES counter specials. Dumb.

- If you get hit on the way up to the wall with Vega when doing Bloody High Claw, it still takes away your ultra meter XD
    Poor Vega.

Other things I noticed:

- Cody is a goddamn BEAST. Crazy combos, a bunch of different ways to combo into ultra, great cross up... I might be lured away from Blanka.

- Speaking of which, they screwed Blanka's Ultra options pretty badly. The damage for his Ultra I has been cut down considerably, which is probably fine, and his Ultra II, despite it's double utility, is extremely situational. Even though there weren't too many guaranteed ways to link into his Ultra in vanilla SFIV, there were still plenty of shenanigans you could pull with it (hop into Ultra, cross up options, etc.). Ultra II doesn't seem to have that kind of flexibility, but it's the option with the damage. I guess time and training mode will tell. His forward hop recovers VERY quickly now, and that makes some of his tricks easier and more fun, so that's something at least.

- Bison's new Ultra is FANTASTIC.

- Dudley is even better than in 3S: target combos up the wazoo and plenty of ways to land his specials, super and Ultra. His butt slam from second impact is useful too, and seems to have better recovery than Honda's version: especiall the EX version (duh).

- Sagat is still a mother fucker. He's been toned down considerably, but his angry scar move is very useful, and he retains his Kara Tiger/Uppercut ability: the timing is tighter on it, though. Still near the top of the list. His Ultra II is balls.

- You can combo into Ken's Ultra II from a cross up EX Tatsu. This is a lot of fun even if Ken still looks like Prince Adam from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe in a red gi.

- Makoto is awesome. Her EX Hayate is so fast that it can catch a random strong from across the screen and send the dude FLYING. Untechable knockdown results. All her 3S malarkey remains intact, though I'm not sure I see what all the fuss about her command grab, super, Ultra set up is: you do more damage, but I think she's going to need her Ex moves to keep up with the rest of the cast. Chop breaks focus, but it's a little slow: EX chop is fast, still breaks focus, and causes an untechable knockdown. Her ax kick doesn't seem to have the greatest priority... Unless it's the EX version. Not being able to see the stun bar makes some of her mind games harder now. Her focus attack is pretty good. Time and training mode will tell.

Anyway... Two more days, folks!
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 04-25-2010 at 02:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Well I got the game two days ago actually since a K-Mart near me broke the street date, and I've been trying to get the trials done. Pretty easy so far, I've gotten Cammy, Adon, Guy, and Cody's trials finished already. But...my X-Box 360 got the E 74 error So I'll be honing my skills on the PS3 version, since my brother was able to snag a PS3 copy too ^_^

Guy's mixups are pretty nasty too. I can't figure out who I want to focus more on; him or Adon. Cammy will always be my true main, but it'll help being able to use different characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Yeah, Cammy in SSFIV? Not so good. I like Guy a bit more than Adon right now, purely because it looks like Guy might have a bit more depth. Adon seems like a one trick pony-type character, and once people figure out how to get around his shenanigans reliably, his usefulness will probably drop off a bit. Maybe I'm wrong, but I get early SFIV Zangief flashbacks when I'm dealing with Adon.

I forgot to mention: T. Hawk looks like he's gonna cause headaches, too. Have you messed with him yet? He's a little scary. My playtime against him consisted of eight matches with myself using Blanka, Cody, Dudley, and Makoto, so take it with a grain of salt, but I had some troubles with every character. His rushdown is much harder to stop than Giefs, and his EX DP move has SRK like priority. One of my local players is going to be maining him, so I guess I'll get plenty of practice...
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 04-25-2010 at 05:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I preordered it from Amazon free shipping. I like the $3 off and $10 game credit much better than getting it first day. So it looks like I'll have it probably two weeks from now.

A question from the people who own it if you've play any of the online. Has Capcom added multiplayer rotating game matches. Losers go back to the bottom and have to wait until the everyone else plays first? While playing every single game is nice, it's also nice to have some variety of players and watch other players also. The tournament mode Capcom is adding in may is going to be really nice I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am horrible at SF4. I am strangely retarded good at CvS2 though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix. Hardest game ever made on normal difficulty. After a ton of continues I made it to the second fighter. The game is ridiculously hard.

That's one thing I hate about the harder difficulties on SF. It seems that the computer is aware of your inputs and will do the exact move needed to counter that input the second it's put in.
    Super SF2 Turbo was harder (which I think is classic mode for HDR's single player). In that one you're lucky to get past the first guy!
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find HD Remix hard even on easy. I generally suck at SF games, but come on!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    A question from the people who own it if you've play any of the online. Has Capcom added multiplayer rotating game matches. Losers go back to the bottom and have to wait until the everyone else plays first? While playing every single game is nice, it's also nice to have some variety of players and watch other players also. The tournament mode Capcom is adding in may is going to be really nice I think.
    I haven't actually tried it, but yessir: there's an 'endless battle' mode, which is essentially the quarter mode from HD Remix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Yeah, Cammy in SSFIV? Not so good.
    Aw, shit.

I was hoping they'd at least buff her U1 damage or something.

I forgot to mention: T. Hawk looks like he's gonna cause headaches, too. Have you messed with him yet? He's a little scary. My playtime against him consisted of eight matches with myself using Blanka, Cody, Dudley, and Makoto, so take it with a grain of salt, but I had some troubles with every character. His rushdown is much harder to stop than Giefs, and his EX DP move has SRK like priority. One of my local players is going to be maining him, so I guess I'll get plenty of practice...
    People who found Gief annoying in vanilla are gonna HATE Hawk, seriously. Rushdown-centric characters like makoto are definitely gonna have problems with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Cammy not good in SSFIV? Just because you can't spam cannon spikes anymore as a free win doesn't mean she isn't good. Her normals are slightly better such as her standing RH and her sweep, spiral arrow is a little more safe but not by much, and cannon strike has a bit more priority. Only nerf is cannon spike's damage, however it kept it's frame data, so it has the same priority. A lot of her other moves are nerfed in terms of damage, but that goes for everyone in the game except Dhalsim.

I've still been rocking with Cammy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hey Nirvana, what all modes are in the game. Are the challenges still there? Are there any still ridiculous hard ones that you're going to pull off by sheer luck(*cough*C. Viper*cough*.)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-27-2010 at 01:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some of my thoughts after 9+ hours of playing:

- Game seems faster, not as weirdly sluggish as vanilla was.

- Ken seems a bit better, can seem to do more than just his "shoryuken a lot and hope to get lucky" standard in the last one.

- E. Honda seems like he got a big buff as well. He doesn't have as much trouble dealing with fireball spam anymore, and he doesn't control like a huge boulder now. His new grab ultra is also really nasty.

- Chun-Li has some fucking ridiculous combos.

- Gief definitely got slapped with a nerf stick a couple times. His grabs aren't as big on priority much now and his lariat's hitbox has been toned down. I only played like two matches with him in Super though, there might be some new advantages with him.

- Balrog isn't as stupidly combo-happy as he was in vanilla. I may need to play with him again but it seemed like his damage output was reduced by an inch. I really can't find a good reason to ever use his U2, except for the funny face he gives.

- Sagat's easier to deal with, but still tough. His U2 isn't really as bad as people say it is, it's good for dealing with runaways.

- Rufus is still an asshole.

- Fuerte seems to have an easier time with his moves now. They seem more set and less of the "do a move and hope it does something" problems he had in vanilla.

- I don't get the Cammy complaints, she's WAY better in Super than vanilla. Deals more damage, better combo setups, less guessing games with whether she's gonna hit or not, they definitely gave her some love this time around. But yeah, it does suck that she still can't focus into a full ultra, I mean come on.

- Maybe it's just the guy I was playing with, but wow, Seth looks deadlier now.

- I didn't play much of Adon, but from who I've played against he seems to be a possible annoyance.

- I'm still conflicted with T. Hawk. On one hand he does a monster amount of damage and has iron-tough defense, it's gonna take a while to take him down. On the other hand he's basically fucked against Akuma or Ibuki. I don't think you'll see a lot of him online but he's not an opponent to take lightly at all.

- Goddamn do I love the Replay Rooms.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    Some of my thoughts after 9+ hours of playing:

- Game seems faster, not as weirdly sluggish as vanilla was.

- Ken seems a bit better, can seem to do more than just his "shoryuken a lot and hope to get lucky" standard in the last one.

- E. Honda seems like he got a big buff as well. He doesn't have as much trouble dealing with fireball spam anymore, and he doesn't control like a huge boulder now. His new grab ultra is also really nasty.

- Chun-Li has some fucking ridiculous combos.

- Gief definitely got slapped with a nerf stick a couple times. His grabs aren't as big on priority much now and his lariat's hitbox has been toned down. I only played like two matches with him in Super though, there might be some new advantages with him.

- Balrog isn't as stupidly combo-happy as he was in vanilla. I may need to play with him again but it seemed like his damage output was reduced by an inch. I really can't find a good reason to ever use his U2, except for the funny face he gives.

- Sagat's easier to deal with, but still tough. His U2 isn't really as bad as people say it is, it's good for dealing with runaways.

- Rufus is still an asshole.

- Fuerte seems to have an easier time with his moves now. They seem more set and less of the "do a move and hope it does something" problems he had in vanilla.

- I don't get the Cammy complaints, she's WAY better in Super than vanilla. Deals more damage, better combo setups, less guessing games with whether she's gonna hit or not, they definitely gave her some love this time around. But yeah, it does suck that she still can't focus into a full ultra, I mean come on.

- Maybe it's just the guy I was playing with, but wow, Seth looks deadlier now.

- I didn't play much of Adon, but from who I've played against he seems to be a possible annoyance.

- I'm still conflicted with T. Hawk. On one hand he does a monster amount of damage and has iron-tough defense, it's gonna take a while to take him down. On the other hand he's basically fucked against Akuma or Ibuki. I don't think you'll see a lot of him online but he's not an opponent to take lightly at all.

- Goddamn do I love the Replay Rooms.
    Just a few things....E Honda's headbutts are improved a little, and his new Ultra gets hit out of EVERYTHING. There is no reason to fear that.

When was Cammy not able to Focus into U1? She always had that.

Balrog's combos are easier to do now. There was a problem with how a certain move came out before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    J
    When was Cammy not able to Focus into U1? She always had that.
    How? Every single time I've tried it, it only hits a couple times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    Cammy not good in SSFIV? Just because you can't spam cannon spikes anymore as a free win doesn't mean she isn't good. Her normals are slightly better such as her standing RH and her sweep, spiral arrow is a little more safe but not by much, and cannon strike has a bit more priority. Only nerf is cannon spike's damage, however it kept it's frame data, so it has the same priority. A lot of her other moves are nerfed in terms of damage, but that goes for everyone in the game except Dhalsim.

I've still been rocking with Cammy.
    I suppose that's fair. The realization of just how bad her counter ultra is, mixed in with the overall reduction in damage across the entire roster made me realize how much harder some of the mid and low tier characters are going to have to work to win.

Notes on Blanka, after further experimentation: I take it back about his Ultra II... Hop into ultra still works, and seems to be a little bit easier to pull off. It turns the Blanka hop assault into a dangerous guessing game: hop into throw? Electricity? Ball? Ultra? the ability to pick air or ground adds another dimension: toss a jab, and you're getting hit. Jump out, you're getting hit. Block, I throw you. Try and throw me? You eat ultra. It's probably too early to tell, especially with so many new characters in the mix, but Blanka looks like he might have improved overall.