Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Super Street Fighter IV

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nirvana, you had the wrong tier list up.

Just like I said, they go from Viper being horrible to being top tier,

http://iplaywinner.com/super-street-fighter-4-tiers/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Didn't even notice that o_O

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    Didn't even notice that o_O
    That's why you can't believe everything you see, lol..the original tier list I had looked similar to that except I had Sagat at the top still and Dudley and Makoto much higher...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    That's why you can't believe everything you see, lol..the original tier list I had looked similar to that except I had Sagat at the top still and Dudley and Makoto much higher...
    The thing is, I didn't see it at all, and not to mention, I honestly don't pay attention to tier lists at all. I only found that one just to prove the point that the tier lists don't reference Cammy vs Honda as "awful a matchup the tier lists make it out to be," like you suggested. It's listed 6-4 just like Viper vs Honda is, but like I said, I don't pay much attention to the tier list.

I honestly don't take tier lists seriously because there are a lot of other factors to take in. One big thing is popularity of characters in areas, hence why they probably made those Battle Arcadia tier lists on eventhubs. I never even look at them; in fact, I just googled "SSFIV tier list" to find the one I found.
    Last edited by Nirvana; 07-06-2010 at 11:24 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nirvana, I never said the tier lists reference Cammy and Honda matchup as not being as awful. I am saying the tier list makes it OUT like Cammy vs Honda is awful which it clearly is not. There is a HUGE difference between Viper vs Honda and Cammy vs Honda and they have them exactly the same when it is obvious someone doing the tier lists doesn't know the matchups that well.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Nirvana, I never said the tier lists reference Cammy and Honda matchup as not being as awful. I am saying the tier list makes it OUT like Cammy vs Honda is awful which it clearly is not. There is a HUGE difference between Viper vs Honda and Cammy vs Honda and they have them exactly the same when it is obvious someone doing the tier lists doesn't know the matchups that well.
    The game is still pretty new yet, too. "Final" tier-lists are a long ways off for whatever that's worth.

How do you feel about the balance so far, DreamTR? You had some strong foreboding before the game came out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

anyone watching the evo stream?

this blanka player lost to Juicebox and threw his stick on the ground and yelled at him, lol
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    The game is still pretty new yet, too. "Final" tier-lists are a long ways off for whatever that's worth.

How do you feel about the balance so far, DreamTR? You had some strong foreboding before the game came out.
    G-Boobie, it's definitely the most balanced and playable SF game to date...people playing today had no idea from the CVS2, and Alpha 2 and 3 days how horrendous some matchups are..

Insert Coin (Level 0) Holger Czukay's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay
    PSN
    aigisismywaifu

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    anyone watching the evo stream?

this blanka player lost to Juicebox and threw his stick on the ground and yelled at him, lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsgRnBazeSY

EVO MOMENT #39

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

G-Boobie, it's definitely the most balanced and playable SF game to date...people playing today had no idea from the CVS2, and Alpha 2 and 3 days how horrendous some matchups are..
    I think you're probably right. Maybe we'll even have a competitive character list with TWO digits when everything is said and done.

Evo was fun this year, and SSFIV was great to watch, but my favorite was TvC. That game is ridiculously fun for spectators.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

TVC finals were awesome, but man, it's all about the HD Remix finals. Not even a few months ago, ST-heads were dismissing the game at Evo, saying that old school ST players and characters would continue to dominate the finals at the tournament, and who wins? An HDR player using Zangief, who was utter trash in ST. Simply awesome.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    TVC finals were awesome, but man, it's all about the HD Remix finals. Not even a few months ago, ST-heads were dismissing the game at Evo, saying that old school ST players and characters would continue to dominate the finals at the tournament, and who wins? An HDR player using Zangief, who was utter trash in ST. Simply awesome.
    Yeah, snake eyes is no joke.

Watching Jason Cole play in top eight again was awesome too. Also, tokido getting ruined by Daigo.

Actually, the finals I enjoyed least were the ssf4 matches. Good evo this year!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The grand finals in Super were definitely not as good as the Semis or earlier matches. Seeing Justin get knocked out from Top 8 by two newer players and Mike Ross with his insanely improved Honda (see I told you guys U2 had it's uses) were intense.

TvC, HDR, and MvC2 had some amazing finals though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

6-4 isn't exactly "awful." I feel like we're going in circles, and nothing is really coming out of this.

Anyway, Evo was pretty cool. I was glad to see some diversity in character selection, although there were still a ton of Akumas, Rufuses, and Vipers. But what do you expect; those are all really solid characters. Adon in Top 8 was pretty cool too. I'm kinda upset Daigo and Wong didn't face each other in the tournament, just because it'd be great to see that matchup again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

So let's talk Arcade Edition.

In December, the newest version of Street Fighter IV hits arcades, which is going to be weird for anyone (primarily in Japan) who hasn't played anything but the original vanilla iteration of the game. I'm sure there will be a console update at some point so that everyone is playing the same game, but it hasn't yet been confirmed.

Here's what we know through press releases and the location test last month:

1) Yun and Yang are confirmed as new playable characters, and appear to have their Third Strike shenanigans largely intact.

2) A huge number of balance changes have been applied to characters across the board, though whether these are going to be applied in their current state is debatable. A few of the most important changes are as follows:

A) Zangief EX glove no longer knocks down (!!!)
    B) Blanka Ball recovery on block has been increased to the point where using it in anything other than a combo is pointless. Thanks, whining forum scrubs.
    C) Honda's damage has been "significantly toned down".
    D) Gen has a few of his target combos from Alpha series.
    E) Juri's kick fireball now combos after the initial kick
    F) Ryu and Akuma can no longer air tatsu out of the corner
    G) Cammy no longer has her instant cannon strike.
    H) Makoto's EX Hayate now breaks focus (!!!!!!!)

There are more, but you can check them out for yourselves on Event Hubs or SRK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If anyone hasn't been watching EVO, I can sum it up so far:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

GO WOLFKRONE!!! THAT'S MY BOYEEEE....

Note that there are more C. Viper players in top eight than there are Yun players in AE. And a Tokido, obviously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got done watching the after hours stream. There were some great matches, and poongko was just unstoppable. He makes Seth look like a top tier character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I actually went to Evo, and man, it was an incredible experience. I seriously can't wait for next year...it's gonna be so huge with all the new fighting games coming out.

I went 2-2 at Evo. I lost to Latif and Kayane I did good against Latif the first round and actually made him look bad, but the other rounds were just...ugh. As for the match for Kayane...I'm disgusted that I lost. Don't get me wrong, she's a strong player. But I definitely lost to myself, because Cammy should never lose to Chun-Li. I know that matchup too well and it's definitely in my favor.

The results were pretty awesome, too. It was nice to see Daigo not make top 3, and more importantly, the top 3 players were definitely players that deserved it. I'm not gonna lie, I had no idea who Fuudo was. But if he's regarded as the best VF5 player in Japan, then he has to be good. That game is definitely one that takes a large amount of skill.

Other than that, I loved being there. I got some sweet shirts while I was there and I got to play the new KoF, UMvC3, and SFxT.

And let's discuss Arcade Edition, shall we? ^_^

I think it's funny that a ton of Cammy players dropped her in favor of one of the twins. She's still incredibly strong. They're upset that they got rid of instant Cannon Strike. Hey, I'll be the first to admit that it was pretty OP. Seriously, an instant cannon strike was like +8 frames on block. If you get caught in the tech trap, you eat a 300+ damage combo. I abused it in Super, and now that it's gone, we have a more reasonable Cammy. Besides, she can still do it, but it costs a meter.

As far as her buffs, I absolutely love her new combos. Unfortunately, a lot of good ones are 1 frame links, so my execution has to be on point if I want to win.
    Last edited by Nirvana; 08-12-2011 at 01:21 AM.