Thread: Help me make a decision (Goat Store)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help me make a decision (Goat Store)

I bought a Atari 7800 Joystick from a site called The Goat Store. I heard they were a reputable site, not sure if they really are.
    But the Joystick was faulty. The stick was bent when i got it and didn't work properly. I emailed them about it, but it took 2 emails for them to respond. They want me to send it back to them so they can either repair it or refund my money. Is this site reputable? Would you take another risk and send it back? or should i bite the bullet and just buy one from somewhere else?
    They already have one strike against them for not answering my first email and not automatically offering to pay for shipping back and sending me a faulty joystick in the first place. I paid $13.30 for it shipped. Sure it's not a lot of money, but still. Still debating on what i will do.
    I have in my Soul and in my Veins

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's been a while since I've ordered from the Goat store, but yeah, they have a pretty good reputation. I'd return it and give them a chance to make it right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

They're a good company. I'd send it back.

For the record, they are the organizers of the Midwest Gaming Classic, that happens every year in Milwaukee. This is a large event, so its not like these guys are fly-by-night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool, i think i'll send it back. Thanks for the info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I have had positive experiences with the site personally.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've also had good experiances. I've bought and sold to them, never had a problem.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bought from them 3 times, each time no problem

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heyya,

I hope we're a reputable site! Sorry about the slower communication, it is simply that with the MGC less than four weeks away, and me with a newborn at home (first child, whoo-hoo!) and Gary moving in less than two weeks, we're trying our best to keep up with everything.

The reason we ask people to send things back is that we have had certain people always find something broken after they receive their order. I personally test every hardware item that we sell before we put it into inventory, so while sometimes things do happen to this stuff -- it's old hardware, after all -- it shouldn't be *that* common. We implemented this and lo-and-behold, a lot of those people that were finding their hardware was 'broken' suddenly said, "Oh, wait! It's working now! Never mind!" So that requirement is really to protect ourselves.

What happens is this -- you send it back, I open the package up, test it out on a 7800 to confirm it isn't working. If it isn't working, we usually offer something to you for the price of shipping it back plus a little more, as well as sending you a replacement as long as we have it. If it is working, we generally offer to re-stock it for free for you or send it back to you, and try to figure out why it wasn't working on your end. Oh, DO make sure when you send it back to put your order number and name in the package somewhere, otherwise I have to retrace whose it is exactly, which can take extra time.

Sorry for the problem, and sorry for the delay in reply -- you will hear from us, it's just we're frying about 5000 fish at the same time right now!
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hell, Dan and the crew are an awesome bunch. These guys rock! Dealt with them on several occasions and never once had any problems at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan View Post
    Heyya,

I hope we're a reputable site! Sorry about the slower communication, it is simply that with the MGC less than four weeks away, and me with a newborn at home (first child, whoo-hoo!) and Gary moving in less than two weeks, we're trying our best to keep up with everything.

The reason we ask people to send things back is that we have had certain people always find something broken after they receive their order. I personally test every hardware item that we sell before we put it into inventory, so while sometimes things do happen to this stuff -- it's old hardware, after all -- it shouldn't be *that* common. We implemented this and lo-and-behold, a lot of those people that were finding their hardware was 'broken' suddenly said, "Oh, wait! It's working now! Never mind!" So that requirement is really to protect ourselves.

What happens is this -- you send it back, I open the package up, test it out on a 7800 to confirm it isn't working. If it isn't working, we usually offer something to you for the price of shipping it back plus a little more, as well as sending you a replacement as long as we have it. If it is working, we generally offer to re-stock it for free for you or send it back to you, and try to figure out why it wasn't working on your end. Oh, DO make sure when you send it back to put your order number and name in the package somewhere, otherwise I have to retrace whose it is exactly, which can take extra time.

Sorry for the problem, and sorry for the delay in reply -- you will hear from us, it's just we're frying about 5000 fish at the same time right now!

Sounds great. I mailed it back yesterday morning. I put the invoice that you sent me in the package. I feel much better now knowing more about who you are.

Thanks

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ordered a 7800 Galaga cart from them over a month ago . All of my update requests have gone unanswered. Since they have good reviews, I figured that they weren't getting my emails?

I would appreciate an update guys,

Thanks