Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man 9 is completely insane.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mega Man 9 is completely insane.

This game is a hell of alot harder then all the others, and no sorry, not even Mega Man 3 comes remotely close(people that are saying the older MMs were harder, really need to get off the drugs).

Forget about Bosses, in MM 9 the stages, and the Mini Bosses are 100 times harder then the actual bosses. The shop, although very useful against the main bosses, is pointless for the actual stages(which is what kills you, so people really need to stop saying It's easy, because MM 9 has a store).

The Jewel Man Mini Boss might as well be invincible, and the Hornet Man mini boss seems to have a ton of HP, not to mention It's really hard to get more then 1 hit every 5 seconds on him/it

I was able to beat 4 stages, and now I'm pretty stuck(I even got 9 live so I wouldnn't have to start over at a stage(providing I made it to the check mark), ang yipee, I just wasted 6 hours to get nowhere.

Seeing how the Jewel Man Stage Isn't that hard(so far anyway), does anyone know how to beat this dumb mini boss?

Then there's Hero, and Super Hero mode lol, this game can be harder(It's hard to believe)?

PS. Doing Timed runs of the Tornado Man Stage must be impossible, that stage is a pain in the ass, when you are taking your sweet time, I hate to think of someone trying to rush through it.
    Last edited by Zoltor; 02-27-2010 at 05:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh really. I need to finish this game as well, I started awhile ago and forgot about it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    Oh really. I need to finish this game as well, I started awhile ago and forgot about it.
    Yea, I have no idea why people on some forums are calling this game easy.

Did you beat that damn cheap Jewel Man Mini Boss yet, or is that whay made you leave, and forget the game)?

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

TonyTheTiger traditionally publicly beats the game once per NAVA meeting.

I'm sure if you PM him he can give you any advice you need.

I've not yet completed it myself (I put it down on the early part of the castle ... I'll get back to it someday) but from what I've seen it is indeed a challenge.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game isn't even that bad. I got the one-life achievement and also did the beat it 5 times in a day one.

You just haven't played it enough yet. Once you get to the Dr. Wily stage where you have to fight all 8 bosses again, you'll become very skilled and be able to beat them blaster only with enough practice.

As for Jewel Man, you need to shoot repeatedly at him. If you hit a jewel, it disappears and that is one less Jewel you'll have to dodge. If you hit him, that's even better and it causes damage.

He mimics your jumps, so practice your timing. The idea is to jump so he goes into the air, then immediately run under him and shoot him in the back.

I'm sure there's a bazillion youtube videos up there for this game, go check one out.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

from what i have played this game is hard, but i havent sat down that much to play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I barely played with the game, but the little that I did, it was tough but didn't think it was impossible.

I have it on the Wii, though I wish it would be half price at the PSN store so I can get it for the PS3.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    This game isn't even that bad. I got the one-life achievement and also did the beat it 5 times in a day one.

You just haven't played it enough yet. Once you get to the Dr. Wily stage where you have to fight all 8 bosses again, you'll become very skilled and be able to beat them blaster only with enough practice.

As for Jewel Man, you need to shoot repeatedly at him. If you hit a jewel, it disappears and that is one less Jewel you'll have to dodge. If you hit him, that's even better and it causes damage.

He mimics your jumps, so practice your timing. The idea is to jump so he goes into the air, then immediately run under him and shoot him in the back.

I'm sure there's a bazillion youtube videos up there for this game, go check one out.

Bosses is one thing, Mini Bosses are another story all together(in MM9, the stage, and Mini Bosses are the real hard things to beat.

Um thanks for the Jewel Man info, but I'm asking about that dumb "Mini Boss" on the Jewel Man stage. You know, with all the falling rocks, and if you are on the ground when he lands, he stuns you, exc exc.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree that Mega Man 9 is the hardest in the original series. Mega Man & Bass might be harder but as for the "classic" games, 9 takes it.

The nice thing about Mega Man is that there's always a trick and once you figure it out you'll wonder why it was ever so hard to begin with.

The trick to the falling rocks is that they'll always start falling where you're standing. What you want to do is stand somewhere in the center giving you a lot of wiggle room. The first rock will come down right above your head. As you move around other rocks will fall until the one with the face comes down. Don't start to move until you see the rock actually fall. You can pretty much get by the entire assault just by walking back and forth as they come down.

Once the one with the face starts dropping, you want to jump to avoid the earthquake. Jump at the last possible moment, right before it hits the ground. By the time you land the earthquake will be over. Then fire like crazy until he starts coming at you. Jump over him and repeat. The timing is the hardest part but once you get it down the rest comes naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    TonyTheTiger traditionally publicly beats the game once per NAVA meeting.

I'm sure if you PM him he can give you any advice you need.
    Heh, I think I'm going to retire it. People can take watching the same game every month for only so long before I become "that guy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Um thanks for the Jewel Man info, but I'm asking about that dumb "Mini Boss" on the Jewel Man stage. You know, with all the falling rocks, and if you are on the ground when he lands, he stuns you, exc exc.
    That sounds like Gutsman... is he in MM9?

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No one wants to be "that guy", not even those who are "that guy".

Even still, that's damn impressive for just the consistency alone.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    I agree that Mega Man 9 is the hardest in the original series. Mega Man & Bass might be harder but as for the "classic" games, 9 takes it.

The nice thing about Mega Man is that there's always a trick and once you figure it out you'll wonder why it was ever so hard to begin with.

The trick to the falling rocks is that they'll always start falling where you're standing. What you want to do is stand somewhere in the center giving you a lot of wiggle room. The first rock will come down right above your head. As you move around other rocks will fall until the one with the face comes down. Don't start to move until you see the rock actually fall. You can pretty much get by the entire assault just by walking back and forth as they come down.

Once the one with the face starts dropping, you want to jump to avoid the earthquake. Jump at the last possible moment, right before it hits the ground. By the time you land the earthquake will be over. Then fire like crazy until he starts coming at you. Jump over him and repeat. The timing is the hardest part but once you get it down the rest comes naturally.

Heh, I think I'm going to retire it. People can take watching the same game every month for only so long before I become "that guy."
    I was running from one side to the other, which dodged them pretty good, but I'll try it your way, because I have no time to jump doing it this way(and as he falls down, there are rocks over my head, so I couldn't jump anyway, without getting hurt).

PS. However all this is gonna have to wait until moday, since I'll be out of town for a couple of day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    No one wants to be "that guy", not even those who are "that guy".

Even still, that's damn impressive for just the consistency alone.

Unless they are "The guy." THAT would be impressive to see at a NAVA, someone take down "IWTBTG."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

The random rocks falling deal less damage than the main one with the face if I remember correctly. Correctly timing it to avoid his earthquake is key to defeating him.
    Life is like a hurricane...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

megaman 10 is coming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't played this game since it first came out, but I did not think it was overly challenging. I just went to the store, grabbed items as I needed them, and then just pushed my way through the stages...like another poster had said, if you look for the patterns during the trouble spots, you'll figure out a strategy and then just have to keep that it mind when you go through that section next time.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I am very, very bad at Mega Man games (it took me many years to just get to Wily 2 in MM1), but I blew through all of the non-Wily stages in MM9 in under a few days. In my mind, that means 9 is easier than 1, which was very hard anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I refuse to get Mega Man 9 until I can use a NES type controller to play it. I tried the demo and the XBox 360 controller is terrible for that type of game.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

360 D-Pad... *sigh*

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    I refuse to get Mega Man 9 until I can use a NES type controller to play it. I tried the demo and the XBox 360 controller is terrible for that type of game.
    Get it for the wii and turn the remote sideways?
    Life is like a hurricane...