Thread: SNES PC Case Suggestions?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SNES PC Case Suggestions?

So I have a 1st gen SNES which had some issues that caused me to take it apart. Problem is, every skrew area is broken or stripped and thus I can not put it back together. Apparently 20+ year old plastic dont hold together well when you put alot of stress on the screws. Thus the question.

Anyone know of a decent computer case, plain as possible, that I could transplant my SNES motherboard into? Im pretty good at modding cases, and experienced with a dremel, so moving a motherboard would not be a issue. I've seen a few cases but they dont have the right shape to them.

Also, was there ever a device that would let you bend the snes imput at a right angle? Sorta like now the 1st gen usa nes games loaded.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really not sure if there are people around here that can answer this for you. For a job like this, you should inquire on the benheck forums.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A PC case is in no way suited to what you want to do. It would be easier to just build your own custom case, or look for an appropriate sized project box. Even an old DVD player or something would be better than a PC case.
    As far as changing the orientation of the cartridge port goes, you might be able to modify an SFC adaptor or cheat device. I also recall one of the floppy backup units having a horizontal cart port, but I'm not sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An easier fix would be to fill the holes in the screw posts with jb weld. After it cures, use a small drill bit to drill out the holes again and thread the hole with the screw.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually like your idea of using jb weld to rebuild the holes. I found a website which sells a type of 'resin' which is very hard when it dries. I've made a mold of an existing screw hole which is not broken and its drying right now. Im thinking i can shave down, with a dremmel, the broken holes and then crazy glue/epoxy the new mounting holes in place. It doesnt have to hold and extreme amount of pressure, just enough to keep the shell together. If all else fails, i can crazy glue the shell together.