Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    You've read his posts, right?
    Too much PS3 bashing. People don't like it when people make fun of other people's sources of enjoyment. Gotta let people choose what they want to play without totally mocking them. That's what I would think. The PS3 and 360 are both good sources of high end entertainment, every bit as much as a PS1 or Sega Saturn, it doesn't matter who does better in the market when they both have good games. If you don't like something people don't usually like hearing you whine over it all the time.

Anyway I would agree that disc based systems in a car is risky, but if you are willing to take the risks and go the extra mile of installing that power inverter just be aware that you never know what could happen until you actually try it. I would test it out first by driving up and down steep hills or on a rocky / heavily graveled area with a DVD or audio CD you don't care about much playing in the system and then take a look at the disc when you are done. If that doesn't hurt the disc, you'll probably be pretty safe unless something major happens.

If the disc gets stuck in your system? uh oh. It's a risk you have to be willing to take.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    No, this isn't a permanent-mount type of situation that I was asking about. I know that if I wanted it mounted in there for good it could be done. I was just seeing if anyone just plugged it into their cigarette lighter and hooked up the composite video and had success. My wife's car is an Acura MDX and we have no problems with older systems (or the Wii for that matter), but the new powerful ones don't seem to work.

Thanks again for all the input!
    Ok. I thought you were trying to pimp your ride with the PS3 but you actually just want to floss it for a bit
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

ive seen PS3s AND 360s in cars at car show/autoramas. Its kinda neat. No idea how they set it up though, but they were in tricked out cars, done by people who do this thing all the time.

Though I cant imagine playing games (bumpy road + disc), unless they are DLC ones, or you are like, just playin music, or are playing AFTER you stopped moving.

I drive an 88' toyota. The only thing id ever setup in that mothaforker would be an NES or a PCE. Nothing past the 80s is allowed in the car!!!!!
    Aetherbyte: PC-Engine and more homebrew

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    Too much PS3 bashing. People don't like it when people make fun of other people's sources of enjoyment. Gotta let people choose what they want to play without totally mocking them. That's what I would think. The PS3 and 360 are both good sources of high end entertainment, every bit as much as a PS1 or Sega Saturn, it doesn't matter who does better in the market when they both have good games. If you don't like something people don't usually like hearing you whine over it all the time.

Anyway I would agree that disc based systems in a car is risky, but if you are willing to take the risks and go the extra mile of installing that power inverter just be aware that you never know what could happen until you actually try it. I would test it out first by driving up and down steep hills or on a rocky / heavily graveled area with a DVD or audio CD you don't care about much playing in the system and then take a look at the disc when you are done. If that doesn't hurt the disc, you'll probably be pretty safe unless something major happens.

If the disc gets stuck in your system? uh oh. It's a risk you have to be willing to take.
    Um, who was bashing any system?

On-Topic

I don't see why everyone is so skeptical of a disk based system in a car, since most of us have one in our dashboard.

And i disagree with a previous poster who recommended a modded xbox with everything on the hard drive. A disk based system IMHO would be much more reliable than a hard drive based system. On rough roads the HD would get damaged faster than a disk based system.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Namnuta View Post
    Um, who was bashing any system?

On-Topic

I don't see why everyone is so skeptical of a disk based system in a car, since most of us have one in our dashboard.
    CD players made for cars are specifically designed to handle bumps without scratching the fuck out of your disc. An Xbox 360 is specifically designed to scratch the fuck out of your disc if you look at it too hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One good thing about the 360 is that you could rip games to the hdd so that disc spinning would be minimal.