Thread: Sabatuer.... anyone play it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Sabatuer.... anyone play it?

I am thinking about picking up this game.

Anybody have opinions?

I love the whole premise but i don't want
    to get it if it sucks.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

You should watch a review on it. I did and it quickly made me not want to get the game. The characters life and regenerative ability is ridiculous. You can get a vehicle shot up all to hell and blow up with the character in it and he'll still be alive. Then he can still get shot up and still be alive.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

regenerating health is a bit weird, but you have the option to play on higher difficulties.

I liked it, paid full price and didn't regret it at all.

I'm sure you can get it cheaper now.

my only gripe is sometimes the black and white aesthetic interferred with gameplay...but it could be I was playing it on a monitor and not a hdtv.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally I found the game quite enjoyable although it takes a little while to get into it.

PS It's spelled Saboteur

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I picked this up from Amazon two weeks ago for $18. Started playing it yesterday. Despite what I said earlier about it looking too easy, which youruglyclone mentioned afterwards, the game does allow you to change difficulty levels.

I started the game on hard because I wanted some sort of challenge and would rather have it closer to realistic than take 9000 bullets before dying. I've once drove until the car blew up like I complained about why I didn't get the game, and while you can still live when the car blows up on you, you'll be near death so you might as well just say you've died. There's also feckin' hard which would probably make you die in a car explosion.

So anyways. The game is like GTA, not as fun to drive and you really need to get used to the way the cars control on this one. The controls being as akward as they are don't help either.

You can't change the control set up so you're stuck with what they give you(which happens to suck.) Once you get used to it though it's fine, you just have to learn the controls which is the hard part. Played about eight hours so far and I still get confused on melee combat. Most games have firearms aiming with L1 and shooting with L2. This one does also, but whenever your firearm is put away it's L1 to use melee and then R1 to draw out your last used firearm. Wouldn't it have better to use L1 to draw out your last used firearm since L1 also aims? And again. You can't change your control scheme.

After you get used to the terrible controls, it turns out the gameplay is very good. You can either disguise yourself or run around in your regular outfit. Using a disguise allows you to enter restricted areas so I usually try to get in a disguise. However it has its disadvantages as running around while in a disguise will make them suspect you more. You'd be disguised as a Nazi and I'm guessing no Nazis ever run(/sarcasm.) Being in the military though I guess they have to set an example.

The gameplay with guns and everything is better than GTA. You could say it's similar to games like Uncharted 2 or Gears of War. The cover system doesn't work as well as sometimes it doesn't respond when you try doing it manually and it takes a second whenever you have a gun pulled out and go against the wall. R2 throws grenades which is nice rather than on GTA4 needing to change to them in order to use them. That way you can be firing at enemies, throw a grenade, and then keep on firing. Works well.

Storyline doesn't seem too long seeing as I'm already 30-35% complete and most of the time I've been playing is free targets. But the storyline is decent and the voice acting is pretty good. It's like watching an old foreign film. However, free targets is where it's at.

Free targets are different targets scattered throughout the area. You have tanks, guiard towers, megaphone towers, anti air guns, fuel depots, blimps, etc. There are over 1000 of these scattered across the entire map. It's a pretty big area too. Most of them are up on roofs ad everything so you'll be doing a lot of climbing, but these being there there's a lot to do.

If you're into GTA type of titles, then this is definitely worth your money. It's pretty cheap right now too. Just if you're good at video games put it on hard or feckin' hard if you want a challenge. Even hard isn't really challenging but it's not easy either.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 08-31-2010 at 02:39 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

I enjoyed playing through it well enough. Certainly a lot better than their previous game (Mercs 2), and a worthy title for the company to end on I think. Also the old style race cars are neat.

Plus hey, DLC titties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

The games not that bad. It's fun but I felt it was really repetative. I guess its fun to just walk around. I never even got close to finishing it but if it's cheap I would say it's worth it. And oh ya, the boobies too.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

It's the rare game that I paid $20 for that I wish I had paid $60 for when it came out. Excellent and very underrated title.

Kept me busy for 30 hours or so while I was going for the Platinum trophy on the PS3 version.