Thread: Need to identify old Apple 2 game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Default Need to identify old Apple 2 game

For years now I've pondered about an old game I played at a summer day care center when I was a kid. I'll never forget this place, because it was the first and last time I ever played Apple 2 games... they had 6 of those old computers loaded with games!

Most were educational, and the game I'm trying to remember is no different. In it, you try to grow plants, like watermelons or corn crops, and you have the ability to change variables such as temperature and light. The bigger the plant, the higher the score. I seem to remember dubbing it "The Farmer" game... as I think there was a farmer character involved... like a judge or something.

If anyone can help identify this game, you will have solved one of my childhood gaming mysteries!

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMan View Post
    Most were educational, and the game I'm trying to remember is no different. In it, you try to grow plants, like watermelons or corn crops, and you have the ability to change variables such as temperature and light. The bigger the plant, the higher the score. I seem to remember dubbing it "The Farmer" game... as I think there was a farmer character involved... like a judge or something.
    Hrm, I remember a very similar Apple II game where you could grow different types of crops on a space station, if I remember correctly. I think the game played a lot like you describe, where you could select different variables (temperature and etc.) This is one of several games I remember playing in school back in the day along with some other "mystery" games. The game's title has eluded me over the years, though. Sorry if I can't help you with a title, but I do remember that we had the original Oregon Trail and some Monopoly knockoff along with that game.

(Not trying to derail this thread but anyone, please let me know if you know of any Apple II games where you control a character, in a fun house, mall, or haunted mansion. There were 3 games in the series in these settings. It plays like the original King's Quest. And it's not Hugo's House of Horrors. That's my "most wanted" Apple II game title. The name "Bobo's Fun House" comes to mind but Google searches bring me nothing.)
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maybe we could merge this with the other "mystery Apple II thread" ?
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122329

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Hrm, I remember a very similar Apple II game where you could grow different types of crops on a space station, if I remember correctly. I think the game played a lot like you describe, where you could select different variables (temperature and etc.)
    *Ding!* What is "Lunar Greenhouse", Alex?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)