Thread: Video Game Trader iPhone/iPad application update

Cherry (Level 1) videogametrader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Video Game Trader iPhone/iPad application update

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to share a couple iPhone/iPad releated developments here at Video Game Trader.

1. We just submitted an iPad version of our Price Guide application. Assuming Apple approves it, it will be available at launch for a special price of $0.99. Once the Auto Update functionality is added, it will go to $9.99.

2. We should have an iPhone/iPad application for the magazine itself by the time Issue #16 ships.

3. We just received the source code from our developer for the Auto update functionality of the price guide app. Once this is tested we will be uploading to Apple. This will allow us to provide quicker pricing updates and will bypass the need to submit upgrades each time we update the prices. Currently the app is priced at $4.99. Once this functionality is uploaded, the price will go to $9.99. If you are on the fence, or have been waiting for this functionality, now might be a good time to jump on board.

4. We also have a FREE version of the application available. The Free version does not have the Have It/Want It functionality, nor will it auto update. Also, the number of platforms in the free version is limited.

As always, I appreciate any comments and suggestions in regards to the application.
    ========================
    Video Game Trader Magazine & Price Guide. Keeping classic video games... alive!

Subscribe for 4 quarterly issues only $29.99. Subscribe @ www.VGTraderMag.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I will be getting an iPhone next month, so I am very excited about this app. For anyone on the go who is looking for a general price of a video game, this is a great app and totally worth the price.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm dragging this one back up because since I recently updated my app it will no longer appear on my iPod Touch. My iPod is a first generation machine with the iOS 3.1.3 version installed. Since the app update (presumably for iOS 4) it refuses to install. iOS 4 isn't supported on the first gen iPod Touch, so I can't upgrade it. Is there some way to make Video Game Trader compatible with the older handhelds? I'd appreciate it, since I tend to use it a lot. I just now realized it wasn't on my iPod mainly because I haven't been finding jack squat in thrift stores as of late, so I never had to use it for research until tonight.