Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon - First Impressions

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Full blog is on the links but here's a little excerpt:

Beautifully-stunning and bone-chilling are two words rarely seen in the sentence, let alone confide themselves to the same thing, but this game manages to pull it off exquisitely. Imagine Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Parasite Eve taken apart to the smallest unbreakable part and reconstructed together piece by piece by Hayao Miyazaki himself. Fragile Dreams is as close as it gets, taking in RE's item management, SH's strangeness and eerie atmosphere, PE's RPG-elements, and Miyazaki's heartfelt imagination.

Has anyone picked this up yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nope. But this game really does look awesome.

I have kept an eye on it for some time. The entire game looks right up my alley. There are few games these days that I really take notice to but this one just really intrigues me. I don't have a Wii and really don't want yet another console, but I really REALLY want to play this.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Definitely picking this up. Can't wait to immerse myself in this world.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow! I searched for a thread relating to this game and was surprised to find that I posted here almost 6 years ago! .

So I got a Wii U on Black Friday (LOVING it!), but never had a Wii so I am currently focusing on the Wii games that interest me. I got Fragile Dreams off Ebay and I am a couple of hours into. I have to say it is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. The game is absolutely gorgeous and the subtle use of music and sfx are fantastic. The game really makes good use of all the Wiis features, especially the speaker on the wiimote.

I don't think the game is for everyone though. The pacing is slower and more methodical and plays out much like a 3d evolution of a point and click adventure game. For me everything really comes together in Fragile Dreams. I love the game mechanics and design, the mysterious story, effective use of sound, and the anime look. The game just pours atmosphere:

Anybody else a fan of this game?
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?