Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

Default Interest Check: Neo Geo CD(CIB)

Long story short, I bought a Neo Geo CD from the Digital Press store and dropped two benjamins on it. But, in reality, I bought it as a last resort. You see my friend has been, well, under this girl's spell and it's a rarity if we hang out anymore. After going there last night with her at work, I could clearly see that he's not the same person I befriended and to me, it's only a matter of time before he ditches me and takes this girl completely. So, back on March 1, I bought this since he's a HUGE SNK fan with the thought that maybe if I did, he's come over more and spend more time with me like we used to. Needless to say, that failed.

I can't get a hold of Joe and the lady who rung me up forgot to give me a receipt(which I only noticed after coming home. I wasn't about to plunk down another $20 to go from Elizabeth to Clifton to get one plus I got home at 9PM that night). She says I have to wait until Tuesday to talk to the manager, which I assume is Joe. So, I can safely assume that since my system is in working order that my $200 went down the drain.

I might as well put up here for an interest check. It has the system, manual pack, AC Adapter, two controllers, NEW 12' AV Cable that I bought myself as the original one is just waaaay too short(only about 2'), and of course the box and styrofoam inserts. I don't know what to charge for this, but since I plunked down $200 and this is a rare piece, it's got to be worth at least over $150. I'd REALLY like to get $200 for it, as that's how much I paid. But, like I said, I was really hoping to get my money back from the store, so who knows?
    Last edited by JohnnyBlaze; 03-27-2010 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Not for sale yet, pending what happens at the store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MarriottGuy

I undertsand your situation - tough to lose a bud.

Since you have the AC, can't you test it out at least since this is a rather big ticket item?
    Terry | Marriott_Guy

Video Game Console Library | http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

I have and it works. It's just that my DSi's currently at Nintendo for repair, so I have no digital camera to take pictures of it with. I played it only three times since I've had it.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

And here's the lesson learned... poon > video games. Especially when it comes to the Neo Geo CD.

Good luck.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    And here's the lesson learned... poon > video games. Especially when it comes to the Neo Geo CD.

Good luck.
    Here's another lesson learned: Don't trust anyone as sooner or later, they'll stab you in the back.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got to digital press everyday and joe and i know exactly what that boxed system lookes like since its been in the store for over 8 months. I guarantee if you go there and talk to him hell give you a refund. Joes the coolest guy in the world. Hes not gonna be there bc hes at the PAX convention in PA. But call him next week and hell most likely refund you. (i was wondering who finally baught that thing) If its an conselation i can vouche for this guy that he paid 200.00 for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

I'm hoping. I sent him two messages. Hopefully, he'll contact me. I'm hoping because it's a little under $20 to get from here to Clifton. Also, I'm pissed that I only found out now that the return was 14 days instead of 30 and that I never got a receipt. This lady on the phone, she was kinda mocking me("So you mean to tell me that you bought it just to keep it for 30 days and return it?") and it REALLY pissed me off to the point where I just yeah-yeahed her and hung up. But, she doesn't understand. Sometimes when it's the only true friend you got, you go to extreme measures to keep that going. But, I still cannot believe that someone is stupid enough to hold a convention the SAME weekend as Wrestlemania. Makes no sense to me as a HUGE wrestling fan. Let's see....PAX or Wrestlemania....PAX or Wrestlemania. Internet comic or Shawn Michaels vs the Undertaker and Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon. Yup! I choose Wrestlemania!
    Last edited by JohnnyBlaze; 03-27-2010 at 01:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

For what it's worth, PAX is less about the penny arcade comic, and more about gaming in general.

Seems to me though that buying a 200 dollar game system you didn't particularly want just to try and bribe your buddy into hanging out with you was probably not well thought out.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    For what it's worth, PAX is less about the penny arcade comic, and more about gaming in general.

Seems to me though that buying a 200 dollar game system you didn't particularly want just to try and bribe your buddy into hanging out with you was probably not well thought out.
    I wouldn't exactly call it a "bribe" more so me getting interested in something he likes because I felt like I was losing touch. You have to understand. He was like family to me and when you really don't have one and that's all you got, you try EVERYTHING to keep it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    garou5016

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    Word get your cash back off the Neo CD and buy couple hookers.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call it a "bribe" more so me getting interested in something he likes because I felt like I was losing touch. You have to understand. He was like family to me and when you really don't have one and that's all you got, you try EVERYTHING to keep it.
    Give the lovebirds a couple of months. If he doesn't come back or feels like playing video games or hanging out with you doesn't fit his new "boyfriend" persona then sell the damn thing. Come to think of it, I take that back, sell it no matter what, it makes you look desperate.
    Last edited by Hari Seldon; 03-27-2010 at 05:32 AM.