Thread: gluing versus soldering and "claimed" reproductions with impossibly glued EPROM's

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default gluing versus soldering and "claimed" reproductions with impossibly glued EPROM's

Hi!

My name is Ken, how are you ?

I don't understand: I have a game that was "jumped" on by Atari collectors as being "fake": the EPROM's are glued on boards without sockets.

I DO NOT understand the PHYSICAL ASSERTION that reproduced games are made with glued EPROM's on the boards.

I have 2 emails from 2 anonymous persons (who WILL remain anonymous) that clearly state that they would not understand how glue would work on EPROM boards (one stated that the glue would provide conductivity problems if done by other than manufacturer, the other person stated that he simply solders the chips on the games). Both of these people KNOW HOW reproductions are done, and I don't understand how it is "crazy" to not believe them.

You people went looney and/or criminal on me because of this assumption of mine that a board without sockets would include soldered EPROM's instead of CLEARLY MANUFACTURER GLUE AS THE PICTURE SHOWS !

I don't get it, I have been collecting games since 2000, why is there an argument to begin with ?

I really don't understand this also by a "professional" person: "those boards are "mine"" as though I don't own my own possessions in my own house.

My electronic mail address:

Just understand that: me and up to 2 anonymous persons reproducing game DO NOT understand these claims that EPROMS are glued outside of manufacturer glue.

I have shown pictures OF THAT from the very beginning and it is clearly shown in the pictures, I still do not understand.

I DO NOT understand why I wouldn't have any rights to question why glued EPROMS from 1982 are WRONGFULLY FORCED TO BE claimed as reproductions.

I have emails from collectors and collectors/sellers and sellers alike that state THEY D O N O T know what some of you people are doing sometimes.

Feel free to email if want a FUN conversation about a FUN hobby one way or another, but wow ........... these criminal (not like "gun down a group of people criminal, like "shoplift a candy bar" criminal not anything seemingly too serious in regards to Atari collecting) NUTS AND FLAKES J U M P E D ALL OVER ME when I have EPROMS from 1982 and I do not understand that.

Ken
    Last edited by PapaStu; 03-27-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was this before or after you started rubbing your nipples? Hey, he signed it Ken... A Ken, context, its gd.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    daddypushi

I don't understand the point of argument here

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BANSHEEVORTEX View Post
    Hi!

My name is Ken, how are you ?

I don't understand: I have a game that was "jumped" on by Atari collectors as being "fake": the EPROM's are glued on boards without sockets.

I DO NOT understand the PHYSICAL ASSERTION that reproduced games are made with glued EPROM's on the boards.

I have 2 emails from 2 anonymous persons (who WILL remain anonymous) that clearly state that they would not understand how glue would work on EPROM boards (one stated that the glue would provide conductivity problems if done by other than manufacturer, the other person stated that he simply solders the chips on the games). Both of these people KNOW HOW reproductions are done, and I don't understand how it is "crazy" to not believe them.

You people went looney and/or criminal on me because of this assumption of mine that a board without sockets would include soldered EPROM's instead of CLEARLY MANUFACTURER GLUE AS THE PICTURE SHOWS !

I don't get it, I have been collecting games since 2000, why is there an argument to begin with ?

I really don't understand this also by a "professional" person: "those boards are "mine"" as though I don't own my own possessions in my own house.

My electronic mail address:

Just understand that: me and up to 2 anonymous persons reproducing game DO NOT understand these claims that EPROMS are glued outside of manufacturer glue.

I have shown pictures OF THAT from the very beginning and it is clearly shown in the pictures, I still do not understand.

I DO NOT understand why I wouldn't have any rights to question why glued EPROMS from 1982 are WRONGFULLY FORCED TO BE claimed as reproductions.

I have emails from collectors and collectors/sellers and sellers alike that state THEY D O N O T know what some of you people are doing sometimes.

Feel free to email if want a FUN conversation about a FUN hobby one way or another, but wow ........... these criminal (not like "gun down a group of people criminal, like "shoplift a candy bar" criminal not anything seemingly too serious in regards to Atari collecting) NUTS AND FLAKES J U M P E D ALL OVER ME when I have EPROMS from 1982 and I do not understand that.

Ken
    No offense, but I don't think anyone gives a fuck.
    Last edited by PapaStu; 03-27-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

What is going on?!?!?!?!?!

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its a Reproduction X-Man with an Atari re-configured ROM board
    and Inverter NOT A PROTOTYPE. The other is a Reproduction
    Double Ender of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Holloween.
    Drew

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you think he means solder instead of glue, or is he just completely insane?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blue lander View Post
    Do you think he means solder instead of glue, or is he just completely insane?
    He means Glue (but I am not sure if he knows the differance)
    he is in denial and will not accept the truth
    Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Wow. A Google search for his e-mail address shows he writes like this all the time, and makes just about as much sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like this guy has been SNIFFING the glue! Freak...

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

I'm very impressed by how little sense this makes.

--Zero

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dude, seek help. Honestly. You'd better up the dosages on those meds, because despite what your "psychological test scores" might indicate, you're far from sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    Wow. A Google search for his e-mail address shows he writes like this all the time, and makes just about as much sense.
    Yep, and that's only one of many e-mail addresses.

This guy is a complete lunatic who's convinced he has 'rare' prototypes which are (clearly) in fact reproductions. He has a history of posting rambling incoherent garbage all over the web (and the newsgroups!) for the past two years at least (which often includes his social security number and psychological test scores). Go on RGVC for a small sampling of his insane ramblings. God only knows how this guy even has access to a computer.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

This has to do with http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290413026632

However, we don't care about what others are saying, and your ramblings have been here before and won't be here again.

This thread is done and so are you.

**lockerooni**
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog