Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    redraid
    PSN
    redraid

Quote Originally Posted by baraka View Post
    Yea and what does him being an older forum member have to do with anything? Seriously, have you even read any of the above messages?
    Yep, read them all, wouldn't have posted if I hadn't. But when someone refers to another forum member as a "noob", than one is implying that they are indeed a newbie to said forum, which in this case is untrue. Now as far as the Battletoad debate, I myself prefer the NES version but visually the Genesis is better tenfold. So your both right.
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Brodie Bruce

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreadIsReal View Post
    But when someone refers to another forum member as a "noob", than one is implying that they are indeed a newbie to said forum, which in this case is untrue.
    Thats just one very dumb assumption. Obviously thats not what I meant, I called him a noob cause I think he sucks at playing Battletoads. That shouldnt be too hard to understand in light of the context.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    redraid
    PSN
    redraid

Thats just one very dumb assumption. Obviously thats not what I meant, I called him a noob cause I think he sucks at playing Battletoads. That shouldnt be too hard to understand in light of the context.
    That's not a dumb assumption based on the way you chose to word your statement, but I'm not going to argue over that as it would be pointless and stupid. So my fellow digital presser, enjoy the Battletoad conversation.

By the way, for retro-player, you should start with the Genesis version as it is easier and then play the NES version, that way you'll gain a little experience and won't get so frustrated during your NES play through. Enjoy your gaming dude.
    Last edited by DreadIsReal; 04-02-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: spell
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Brodie Bruce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright. My opinion is you're too much of a noob to play the NES version and pretend to prefer the Genesis version for other reasons.
    I didn't say the gameplay was better on the Genesis or even that the Genesis version was better. My assertion is that the graphics of the Genesis version are much more colorful and more detailed. The Genesis graphics being more colorful is a fact, them being more detailed I suppose could be an opinion call. Which graphics you prefer is a total opinion. The main thing that I am getting at is that, IMO, the Genesis version looks much better and when I played it the controls were great. So your statement that the Genesis version is FAR inferior to the NES version, while it is your opinion, is not likely to be shared by many.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nebrazca78 View Post
    So your statement that the Genesis version is FAR inferior to the NES version, while it is your opinion, is not likely to be shared by many.
    Of cours its an opinion, it always is. And I know there's many people who prefer the NES version in every way, including graphics so I'm not alone.

BTW the Genesis version is indeed "more colorful" but not in a good way imo.

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Having completed the NES version, I also put my vote in for the Genesis version. I consider the visuals to be upgraded considerably, and I prefer the Genesis' controller to that of the NES, as well. I also feel this way about the original Mega Man; originally completed it on the NES, but prefer the MD version for its improved visuals.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually really like the Gameboy versions of Battletoads. Though, I got to admit that its extra challenging with an original gameboy, greenish screen blurring.

Maybe I havent play too much of the other versions. Its a good time for me to look into other versions as well. The Genesis screen shot look pretty good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And I know there's many people who prefer the NES version in every way, including graphics so I'm not alone.
    I would not be surprised to find out that this is not true, or at the very least your definition of "many" is extremely liberal.

BTW the Genesis version is indeed "more colorful" but not in a good way imo.
    Yeah, in the same way that Street Fighter II SCE for Genesis has better graphics than the Super Nintendo version.

/end sarcasm

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would not be surprised to find out that this is not true, or at the very least your definition of "many" is extremely liberal.
    Of course its not based on some kind of poll but i know plenty of people that feel that way. If you want to keep whining about it though, go ahead.

Yeah, in the same way that Street Fighter II SCE for Genesis has better graphics than the Super Nintendo version.

/end sarcasm
    wow you super awesome sarcast?

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I have to chime in and say that the Genesis version is my favorite but the NES version is still more impressive on a technical level. I like the NES version's sound much better too but do prefer the Genesis' graphics more. The only thing I don't like with the NES version is the sometimes glitchiness of the game play. Stage 4 is the main culprit, too many times I get hung up on jumps and die by hitting invisible objects or have fallen right though some platforms and that's remedied in the Genesis version, either way both are fantastic games. The NES version has a much better feeling of nostalgia for me though.

I haven't played the Ragnarok's World game on Game Boy but will say that the other game isn't half bad either, it's biggest problem is the major glitchiness later on. You really have to master the game to compensate in some of the later levels. Still it's a fun game though.

The Game Gear port, while a slightly changed version of the original and missing some levels, is the second worst Battletoads game I"ve played only outdone by the craptastic SMS game. Both are so flawed and glitchy that they are almost unplayable. Stay far away from them!

Has anyone played that Amiga 1000 or CD32 ports and care to comment on those?
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    Has anyone played that Amiga 1000 or CD32 ports and care to comment on those?
    Very briefly. They're absolutely dreadful. The graphics don't look as good as the Genesis version. You have to select sound effects or music (you can't have both) and the sound isn't even very good. Worst of all, the controls are completely borked. They decided to make the game use only one button. So to make that work, you can only attack while standing still; you jump by pressing a direction and the button at the same time. Makes for a shitload of accidental jumping. The game runs a little slow, the animations are messed up, and some of the enemies require way more hits compared to other versions. To top it off, the collision detection is a horrible mess. The result is a completely broken game. I've beaten Battletoads on both Genesis and NES, and on Amiga, I can't beat the first level. I'm sure I could if I put enough effort into it, but I certainly don't want to.

Worst of all, the CD32 port fixes none of these issues. You still have to select sound effects or music, on a 32-bit CD-ROM system. You still have to control it with one button, on a system that comes with a controller that has four face buttons and two shift buttons.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I kinda figured it played pretty bad.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    I like the NES version's sound much better too but do prefer the Genesis' graphics more. The only thing I don't like with the NES version is the sometimes glitchiness of the game play. Stage 4 is the main culprit, too many times I get hung up on jumps and die by hitting invisible objects or have fallen right though some platforms and that's remedied in the Genesis version, either way both are fantastic games.
    I never experienced any of these problems in stage 4 on the NES. The only time I experience some glitches like that is when my cartridge isnt properly inserted but usually the game also freezes then later on... Maybe you should just give it a cleaning?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I played Battletoads/Double Dragon it's a terrible game. The two teams just dont work. The play is terrible. Billy and Jimmy look awful. I own the original BattleToads. Its pretty awesome but tough as fuck. I want to get the Battlemanics one someday. I played it once way back in the day like when I was 12 or so. Need to get this game and play it again.

The Best Fighter in HISTORY!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Insaneclown View Post
    When I played Battletoads/Double Dragon it's a terrible game. The two teams just dont work. The play is terrible. Billy and Jimmy look awful.
    What?! That game is f-ing awesome, how does it not work? Almost everyone who's ever played it loves that game, the gameplay is smooth, the music is legendary and theres a lot of diversity in gameplay. And Billy and Jimmy just look the same as always? IMO one of the best SNES games ever made..

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You suddenly realize that every post made by baraka in this thread has been an effort to marginalize anyone who says anything negative about Battletoads.

Unfortunately, you are the only person who realizes this. Everyone else I've ever met didn't even notice it. That makes you strange, and different, and alone. Alone I tell you!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    You suddenly realize that every post made by baraka in this thread has been an effort to marginalize anyone who says anything negative about Battletoads.
    I'll defend this series until the day I die, that's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Unfortunately, you are the only person who realizes this. Everyone else I've ever met didn't even notice it.
    Realize what? And notice what? You're not making much sense.