Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: April 2010 Finds

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

google 4 gaga
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-28-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Unplugged Clone: By the looks of it you have a ton of really good cards. That bag you bought is a gift man. You don't have to find the oldest sets in there to find value. If you want to find incredible value then yes, but you still got a bunch of much older prints that aren't exactly cheap either.

I wish I could come across a big cheap bag of cards like that. I'd end up using it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Finds where very slim the past week, although I am saving money for something big that's coming to town; something so big, they had to put a life-size Master Chief statue in their window just because it's that awesome. I'd say what, but I feel I should wait to give the store's name; should I wind up jinxing it. Anyway, the finds:

- Frogger (PC. In jewel case with instructions): $1
    - Sega Game Gear (In original box with instructions and promotional booklets. Non working): $2

I was excited over finding the Game Gear, until I discovered it doesn't work (When you turn it on, it stays on for about a second before it turns off; regardless of wither I'm using batteries or an AC adapter). From searching around online, evidently this stems from a common problem, so maybe I can find someone who knows how to work with those tiny caps and replace them for me.

Non-gaming finds:
    - Monty Python & The Holy Grail (VHS. Box is very worn out, but the tape is in very good shape): $1

At that price, I figured I might as well get it, so I do have access to it while I try and track down the Extraordinarily Deluxe Edition of the movie's DVD release.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

google 4 gaga
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-28-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UnpluggedClone View Post
    I posted them on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

I already have people watching it and asking if they could do a buy it now. to the end the auction early, is there a number that would be good to sell them for or should i let the auction run it's course.

$60 shipped and people are asking you to end early? I would say $30~$40 shipped is the max I would pay. Let me know what you get for that as I got about 6 times that in my common/uncommon boxes.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

google 4 gaga

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

google 4 gaga

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I changed the auction to $75 but it now for a guy that says he wants them. so we will see.
    Wow, looks like its time to dig out the old commons!

Just sold them for $75 shipped hope thats a good deal.
    Yes, yes it was.
    Last edited by understatement; 04-30-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Found a Pokemon HeartGold at Goodwill for 7.99$. The pokewalker didn't work so I called Nintendo and they are now sending me a new one for free! Score!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

Just sold them for $75 shipped hope thats a good deal.
    Given a quick glance over the pictures you did pretty good I think.
    Life is like a hurricane...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    redraid
    PSN
    redraid

Genesis with games. Some notables include Castlevania Bloodlines (hard case), Sorcerers Kingdom, and Weaponlord. Other good stuff too. Also included three controllers and a few power supplies, also some NES manuals. Two N64 games as well including Bust a Move 2. Found at a local flea market for $2.00.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Brodie Bruce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FoxNtd View Post
    Unplugged Clone: By the looks of it you have a ton of really good cards. That bag you bought is a gift man. You don't have to find the oldest sets in there to find value. If you want to find incredible value then yes, but you still got a bunch of much older prints that aren't exactly cheap either.

I wish I could come across a big cheap bag of cards like that. I'd end up using it all.
    Yeah, don't listen to this guy.

By the looks of it, it's bag mostly of nothing special/ho-hum cards. I checked the auction and absolutely nothing jumped out as being overly good or rare (pardon what, Dark Ritual, heheh). UC, you got an excellent score on the cards, that's all I can say because you pretty much made a profit without doing anything and without a reason.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Found this stuff this past Thursday, so in April it goes...

Dreamcast games were all for $9. It was at a benefit garage sale where they said they'd just gotten a bunch of stuff from other people's leftover sales. The implication was that the marked prices weren't necessarily valid... they wanted $1 each on these games (marked 0.50 each), but before I really could say anything they (the 2 women at the pay-table) talked themselves out of it and took the 0.50 as marked, which a couple were actually marked .25, but I didn't want to be a jerk about it.
    Modern Warfare 2 was $7 and in perfect shape. I kind of thought the price had dropped faster on this one, but happily not as I don't have a 360 (sold this on Amazon already).
    HP calc was 50 cents. I love the feel of these old HP calcs, but I'll probably sell this one, though it isn't worth as much as some of the others of that vintage. GG games came with a system that works great all for $5. And the PS1 game was a buck, missing back art and scratched, but I'd struck out at my first few sales until I saw that. Passed on an overpriced Genesis lot for $40 (sports games and sonic, i.e. the usual).

Not pictured, but I also got the first 6 seasons of JAG for $30 to flip that I probably should have passed on. They went on Amazon and 2-6 are sold already and I made a little bit off them. Yeah, I'm an "undercutting dick", but I've already got too much crap sitting around that I need to sell, so don't need more stuff added to the pile. I passed on a season of Babylon 5 for $9, and of course that I should have bought! I knew it at the time but something held me back, oh well.

At one sale this little guy caught my eye:

I mostly thought it was cool and didn't really mess with it much, but I'll also admit in the back of my mind I knew that certain of these calculator watches are worth a lot. Unfortunately I can't get the mode change button to work, so can't really do anything with it (set the time, use the calc, etc). Oh, and that is the (incorrect) time showing, for some reason these use a #-## format. So this was almost worth $100-200, but don't know in its current condition. I'd maybe keep and wear it if it worked, so maybe I'll open it up and have a look. I paid $0.50 for it, maybe a buck, don't remember for sure. Anyone know much about it?

Oh, I also grabbed a Pokemon Xtal at a thrift on Friday for ~$5.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 05-01-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    Yeah, don't listen to this guy.
    Do you even play Type I or know what it is?

It's not exactly easy to go get any card you want before Fourth Edition (Chronicles doesn't count.) Not everything has to be a goddamn Black Lotus or one of the other Power 9 to be worth looked at. A whole bunch of stuff from Alpha/Beta and Arabian Nights, even the commons sit at unusual values.

You wanna call me crazy and I will give you price quotes for singles from M:TG vendors for those sets that will say otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Bah, a month behind again... Stuff I got last month.

4/8
    ---
    PC
    --
    Quake III Arena and Quake III Team Arena (discs only in a 2-cd jewelcase) - $1 -- Not that I wanted this game all that much, I'm not a big fan, but for that price I couldn't say no...

NES
    --
    The Adventures of Lolo - $4, cart only -- Lolo is a great puzzle game series... at that price I couldn't resist.

Xbox
    --
    GunMetal - $3, disc in Gamestop case -- fun action game where you control a mech that transforms into a jet. (Macross anyone?) From Rage Software of Incoming fame. Played the first few levels, this is a pretty fun game!

These three Xbox games were $5 total. All are disc and manual only (disc, manual, and generic case that is, no covers/original cases).

Burnout 3: Takedown - Very impressive graphics (I have Burnouts 1 and 2 for Gamecube, this is definitely better than either), fun gameplay too... the EA Trax soundtrack is worse than Burnout 1 and 2's music, though.

The Warriors - Disc is scratched, will need resurfacing. Haven't played this yet, but it got good reviews I believe... it's a beat 'em up.

Crash n Burn - mediocre Burnout /Destruction Derby game.

4/10
    ---
    The Legend of Zelda - Four Swords Adventures - $5, disc and case (no manual)

Yeah, lucky to find this one for so cheap... it's a game I've played a bit of, and one that I kind of wanted ever since first playing it (it is pretty fun in multiplayer, though it does require GBAs and cables of course), but I just didn't want to pay the $15-$20 that I always see it for, so I'd never picked it up. This is the first time I've seen it for so cheap, and of course I bought it right away...

At least, unlike FF: CC, you can play it in 1 player mode without having to use a GBA, with an on-screen "GBA". That is a very nice feature, FFCC should definitely have had it.

4/15
    ---
    These three were $10 for the three.

Super Runabout: San Francisco Edition (Dreamcast) - disc only
    Norse By Norsewest: The Return of The Lost Vikings (PSX) - disc only
    Total Eclipse Turbo (PSX) - complete longbox version

Total Eclipse Turbo is a port of a 3DO game. Looks it, too, graphically (that is it doesn't exactly push the PSX), and the controls are quite touchy. Decent game though, competent rail shooter. Not amazing, but not awful.

Norse By Norsewest I've owned for the PC for like ten years, but that port was messed up in a bunch of ways so I got this, even though it isn't the best game ever; Lost Vikings 1 was absolutely amazing, but the sequel was disappointing. Password save only here too, just like on the PC... oh well, at least you can use gamepads and it runs fullscreen without problems (both of those things were not the case on the PC Win95 version).

Super Runabout got bad reviews, but it's a "extreme" style racing game, so I finally decided to pick it up. Haven't played it enough yet to say much, but I will.

Then I went to Goodwill, and the below is from there.

100+ Great Games (PC, 1999 freeware, etc. games CD) - $1

Also for $0.50 each I got just the manuals for SimCity 3000 Ultimate and RollerCoaster Tycoon for the PC. I have Rollercoaster Tycoon, but just the jewelcase, no manual, so I got that of course, but the other I don't have... but it's a big thick manual, and how likely am I to get it if I do get the game in teh future (I do have the base SC3K, but I got it new when it came out so I do have that manual)

4/16
    ---
    Xbox -- Kingdoms Under Fire: Heroes - $5, complete. Decent hack & slash game with slight bits of strategy, Dynasty Warriors or Kessen style I believe.

4/16
    ---
    Xbox - Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - $5 - Good game, but I don't really love it like some people. Prince of Persia: Arabian Nights (PoP 3D) is just about as good really...

4/17
    ---
    Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS, card only) - $13 - Disappointing in a lot of ways, such as the stupid plot thanks to it being a NES remake and like most NES games the original did not exactly have an amazing plot, the mediocre art style, the lacking features due to it being a remake of the first Fire Emblem game ever (most of the stuff the newer games added is not in this one), the character selection in your party, that the first SNES game was also a remake of the first NES game, but it also had an entire second half that doubled the length of the game while that is missing here, and more. I did know all those things already though, which is why I'd put off buying the game for so long... but I was going to get it eventually of course, and I finally caved. I guess it was a good decision, because it is the only Fire Emblem game released in the US that I didn't already have, but it is the weakest of the US Fire Emblem games for sure, I think. Just too many issues. Still it is good of course though, because it's a Fire Emblem game and I love the series.

I also got two Game Gear games. $3 each, with case and cart only.
    Donald Duck in the Lucky Dime Caper - fun and colorful but hard platformer (you die very easily). This one's fun. Frustrating, but fun. At least you do seem to have infinite continues, which helps, for sure.
    Slider (Game Gear) - Somewhat interesting little topdown action/puzzle game, you have to walk over all the tiles in the level to complete it. Passwords on every level, nicely! Decent game.

Finally, I got a transparent blue PS2 controller ($7). I've only had one PS2 controller up to now, the one that came with the system, and used a PSone controller for multiplayer PS2 games, but I do have one game that requires DualShock 2's, the price was cheap, it means I have four PS1/2 controllers now (for use with multitaps for instance), and the color is different, which is cool.

4/26
    ---
    Wii
    --
    Mario Kart Wii - disc and generic white case only, $10

Sure I don't have the system yet, but I will, and I think that it's obvious that that's a really good price for the game.

Xbox
    --
    Hunter: The Reckoning - Redeemer - $3, complete -- Another fun action-RPG, the third and last Hunter game. Good series of Gauntlet-ish action-RPGs, and this might be the best one of the three.

4/27
    ---
    PSX
    --
    Punky Skunk - complete, $5.50

I'd never heard of this game before seeing it, but it's a 2d platformer for the PSX, so my curiosity got the better of me and I got it. It's okay, a very cutesy platformer with nice but not outstanding SNES or early Saturn-ish 2d graphics. Simple but fun gameplay, not much depth. Looks like it's on the short side too. Eh... it's not exactly common, and it's fun enough, so it was worth getting.