Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by evg2000 View Post
    I shop in the same area as Clone, and I know some of the places he shops, and I would say you are wrong when you calll BS. I picked up a Debug PS1 the other day, a SNES copier a few weeks ago etc. There are good places to shop in this area (not like there used to be). I only have the chance to go out ever 2-3 weeks, he goes out at least several times a week. I've been to the antique store, and every once in a while they have some good stuff at okay prices. Be careful about calling BS. Take a look at some of my finds also.
    Yikes! No wait - you guys got me all wrong. My post was purely tongue in cheek as I am literally dumbfounded by the finds Clone gets - dumbfounded and 1000% jealous! I would never call someone out seriously unless the deals started to get a bit fishy and completely out of the realm of reality.

Party on and go find more of the stuff that the rest of us just dream about...

Insert Coin (Level 0) gamedude45's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Itachi241
    PSN
    Itachi241
    3DS Friend
    0259-0445-4822

I went flea marketing yesterday but I didn't have much money left for the week but it didn't turn out to be to much of a problem because almost everything I found was dirt cheap.

My church held their annual flea market yesterday and for the first time in the three years since it started I actually found somethings.

The GBA games were $1 apiece and the Dreamcast games were 25 cents apiece. I also got a mint NES with all the cords and 4 controllers for $3.

after that we went to the normal flea market and I found this all at one table.

everything here was $1 except the 360 hard drive it was $3.

Now as we were walking away from the table I happend to glance under it and I saw a box with two taller boxes in it I pulled them out from under the table it was two store display boxes one was for Buzz and Sing Star for ps2 and the over was for Lair. I asked the lady how much she wanted for them (figuring they would be $1 apiece like the rest of the stuff) she wanted $5 apiece which I don't think was a bad price but at that point I only had $3 left and she was not budging on the price so I had to leave them behind figures the first time I find some store displays that their just out of my price range oh well that's life.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Yikes! No wait - you guys got me all wrong. My post was purely tongue in cheek as I am literally dumbfounded by the finds Clone gets - dumbfounded and 1000% jealous! I would never call someone out seriously unless the deals started to get a bit fishy and completely out of the realm of reality.

Party on and go find more of the stuff that the rest of us just dream about...
    Yeah, I completely understood that as well. We weren't questioning your finds Clone, so much as questioning the people selling it. It's nice to know others can share in your wealth, though.

I wish there were actual finds to be made in my area. The last true finds I had (that weren't market price) were at Goodwill a year ago
    We'll see...my fiancee is getting weekends off now, so I may start doing pawn shop and garage sales again.

Speaking of which, my fiancee got a tattoo this weekend. We had just stopped at Cybertron, and there's a tattoo shop across from it. She decided she finally wanted to get her tattoo, but didn't have her reference art with her. I had to ask to borrow an Atari 2600 cartridge (Pac-man, of all things) to use as reference so she could get her Atari tattoo on her ankle. We just passed 200 unique Atari 2600 cartridge (Speedway II marked the latest), so I guess it makes for a good milestone. It looks awesome! I took a picture, but it's getting late. I'll upload it tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got an SNES game today:

ESPN Speed World (cart only) - $2.50

This puts the SNES collection at 230. Coincidentally, I acquired my 100th SNES game - Tetris Attack - at the same store in 2004.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 04-27-2010 at 06:36 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Insert Coin (Level 0) philinchio's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Over the weekend I had two decent finds while in Anchorage.

NES Iron Sword: Wizards and Warriors 2 factory sealed for $5 at the SPCA thrift.

Boxed Sidewinder PC racing wheel for $4 at Value Village.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to say the only chance I had to look for finds was stopping by a new game store near my friends house. I didn't expect anything considering the name of the store is "Flava 4 Playaz," and was right. One of the overpriced game dealers at the swap meet decided to open up a store apparently and had the exact same crap.
    I would love it if I ever saw a game store called "Flava 4 Playaz."
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by gamedude45 View Post

My church held their annual flea market yesterday and for the first time in the three years since it started I actually found somethings.
    , probably the only time people go to churches anymore because any other time of year, what the churches are selling, people aren't buying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    , probably the only time people go to churches anymore because any other time of year, what the churches are selling, people aren't buying
    I passed a local Church and it has a sign that said "Slow Down. We (heart) our children." ...my fiancee and I both just started laughing.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    I passed a local Church and it has a sign that said "Slow Down. We (heart) our children." ...my fiancee and I both just started laughing.
    LMAO! That's comedy right there. I myself am a Christian, but I can enjoy anti-Christian humor. I actually have a funny story.

Our church bulletin quoted Psalm 23:1. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want." They flubbed it, so it said, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My uncle and I came upon some people who were setting up a yard sale at like 10:30 in the morning Sunday. I guess they are late sleepers, but it was good for me because it was just like hitting one early. They let us look through their stuff before they even put it out and I found a PS2, the newer smaller model, that the guy let me have for $5. I've been thinking about getting another one for my second TV so this will be nice if it works. It didn't have the hookups or controllers, but I have those at home except for the power cord. It did have an official memory card attached and I've been needing another one of those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JanLazer

Nothing vintage but, from a kijiji ad:

PS3 Slim 250GB, in Box
    6 ft. Gold Plated HDMI Cable
    PS3 Vertical Stand
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (In the godawful red Greatest Hits case..)

$200 for it all. Yayness. Now have all 3 current gen consoles. Also went out and bought LittleBigPlanet at an electronics store for $30.

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This weekend's finds (click on pics for full-size):

PS2 .hack//Infection (complete w/DVD)
    PS2 Persona 3 FES (new & sealed)
    PS2 Psychonauts (complete)
    PS Jade Cocoon (disc, manual, front insert; rear insert missing)
    PS Breath of Fire III (disc only), $10 for all

This sale had a lot of games, but these were really the only titles that caught my eye. The two Playstation games came out of a CD wallet and unfortunately are missing stuff, but at least I can play the games themselves (and hopefully piece them back together over time). The guy selling said his wife was making him sell off his collection and we talked about some of the games for a bit. This is the first Persona game I've ever bought, but I'm not sure if I should start with this one or wait until I've obtained some of the earlier entries.

Psychonauts is a sort of duplicate; I already own the Xbox version, but I'm so fond of this game I just had to have it on PS2 as well. I remember playing Breath of Fire II on the SNES a long, long time ago, so I'm looking forward to playing part III, to see how well the series made the leap beyond the 16-bit era.

NES DuckTales
    GB Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition (Yellow Version), $6 for both

Not much to be said for these two. I didn't think I owned DuckTales. Turns out I already do. Oh well. I used to carry a list around with me, but I always forget to update it, and I don't have one of those snazzy phones that let you look at web pages or documents. Blah.

6 empty game cases (NFL 2K missing manual), FREE

Always better to give orphans a home than to allow them to meet with the trash can. And who can't use an extra un-cracked DC case now and then? Warcraft: Battle Chest actually has a disc in it: Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. I have no idea if that's an actual game or just an expansion, but... there ya go.

NES AC adapter, $1
    N64 standard expansion port cartridge (the one the system comes with by default), $1
    N64 power adapter, $1
    GC Game Boy Player (no disc), $2.50
    PS2 Slim power adapter, $5

These are just little odds and ends I picked up from various sales during my travels this weekend. The N64 cartridge actually came from the same sale as the DC controller below, but I figured it made more sense being grouped with these other items. The Game Boy Player is, of course, useless without the disc, but as luck would have it, I picked up a disc by itself a couple months back so she's now complete. I love when that happens. As for the PS2 power adapter, I have an orphan slim that needed this, so that's all buttoned-up now, too.

PS3 MotorStorm ("Not for Resale"/pack-in version??, complete), $3

If I remember, this game was a pack-in with one of the earlier versions of the PS3. It has bi-lingual packaging which is kinda different. Maybe it's from Canada or something?

SEGA CD NFL's Greatest: San Francisco vs. Dallas (complete)
    SEGA CD Silpheed (complete)
    SEGA CD Puggsy (complete)
    GEN Kid Chameleon (complete)
    GEN Dynamite Headdy (complete), $15 for all

NFL's Greatest? *shrug*. I don't know, just fillin' in the collection. These were priced $5 each; I offered $15 for the bunch and it was accepted. Man, I've been wanting a nice complete copy of Dynamite Headdy for forever! I played this game a lot on the Sega Channel at a pal's house, and I've had the loose cartridge for a while, but I'm a fan and wanted it nice and complete.

Kid Chameleon is cool, cause the game cartridge is from the Mega Drive version, with four different languages inside the manual; English and a handful of others (I forget which). I wonder if this was how the game was originally shipped, since non-collectors don't usually have the habit of completing orphan games and manuals, and these came from some couple who didn't look like they were in the habit of fretting over such things.

NDS Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (inside Naruto: Path of the Ninja case)
    Wii Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (complete), $8 for both

I saw Naruto but passed over it since I don't know a thing about it, and didn't feeling like buying it "just because". Luckily, my friend is more curious than me; he opened it, found Castlevania inside and handed it over to me. That was a nice little reminder to always take that extra second to look over, under, and inside when it comes to yard sales. I would'a missed out on that!

Metroid is complete and in fantastic condition. Good times.

DC Official Sega Dreamcast controller (new, unused in beat-up box), $2

This came from the same sale as the N64 cartridge above. I guess I got there late because there were no systems or games left. I really need to stop buying DC controllers, but this one's new! I had to have it! Right?

And now for my favorite find of the weekend...

Four strategy guides: Bubsy I & II, Sonic 1 & 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, $5 for all

I'm guessing these are neither very rare nor valuable, but I don't really care. I love finding old school strategy guides, and for such an iconic character. While there may be lots of games I've played or enjoyed more, the Sonic series on Genesis just totally strikes a chord with me. I have such fond memories of them, and whenever I've got one of them nearby, I'm always down for playing a few stages. To have found all of the strategy guides for the core series at one yard sale is just killer.

The funniest part is that the guides are kind of lame -- at least, as far as useful details and strategies go. They're mostly filled with huge, full-color art on each page, with 3 or 4 little screenshots of various points throughout the game (all sizzle and no steak, or at least very little). The accompanying text often reads like ad copy, but I guess if you're really bad at these games, the guides do offer a few pointers for traversing some of the more difficult sections.

As for Bubsy, that one came along because it was there. Like I said, I really like the old strategy guides, if for no other reason than I couldn't afford them when I was a kid (I barely had enough money for the game!). I'll never turn down a pre-32-bit era guide. And heck, I played a little Bubsy back in the day. Not a favorite, but they were alright.

So that's it. Nothing earth-shattering this weekend, but some fun little bits and pieces for my collection.

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My brother finally tells me last night that when he went to the thrift store Saturday morning to drop some things off, they had a small pile of GameBoy games (10 or so he tells me, He couldn't see the prices or titles, but they all had the clear protective cases). Too bad he didn't let me know sooner...

Since they were closed yesterday, I went in today and all that was left was Heiankyo Alien for $1, which I bought (Which is one of the games I originally got with my GB back in 1990). Who would buy a bunch of $1 GB games and leave one? I sure wouldn't...

They had a few other things (loose Chessmaster for GBC, Guitar Hero 2 for XBox, a few common PSX and Genesis games), but they were all $5 or more a piece.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I found a sealed copy of Cakewalk Professional 7 for $2 today. I remember the name, but don't know much about it... I'll just put it on auction on eBay and see if it sells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allyourblood View Post

Four strategy guides: Bubsy I & II, Sonic 1 & 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, $5 for all
    Those guides are pretty neat, I've been hoping to come across official guides for Genesis games for awhile but haven't found any yet. I'm also surprised about that Sonic 3 guide, I guess there are a few official guides for that as it looks different than the other official one I knew of.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Official.../dp/1559585366

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another crazy super rare one of a kind find!

Sealed box of SMB3 cookies!

I mean, WHO KEEPS THIS STUFF?? haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do you keep finding that stuff, aaron?!

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Those guides are pretty neat, I've been hoping to come across official guides for Genesis games for awhile but haven't found any yet. I'm also surprised about that Sonic 3 guide, I guess there are a few official guides for that as it looks different than the other official one I knew of.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Official.../dp/1559585366
    Thanks for the link. That's cool that there's more than one guide. Other than these, I think I only have one other Genesis Guide: Phantasy Star III. I remember looking at the guides in Toys R Us, thinking they were pretty cool, but then looking at the price and saying to myself, "Who pays 10-15 bucks for these?!". Funny thing is, I still do that with new guides today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allyourblood View Post
    Thanks for the link. That's cool that there's more than one guide. Other than these, I think I only have one other Genesis Guide: Phantasy Star III. I remember looking at the guides in Toys R Us, thinking they were pretty cool, but then looking at the price and saying to myself, "Who pays 10-15 bucks for these?!". Funny thing is, I still do that with new guides today.
    I do as well, except it's "Who pays $25-$30 for these?!" Hurray inflation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aaron7 View Post
    Another crazy super rare one of a kind find!
    Sealed box of SMB3 cookies!
    I mean, WHO KEEPS THIS STUFF?? haha
    You do!