Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market..

Lots and lots of NES games..$1.00 each from various vendors(pick and chose)..I could not afford to buy them all..

So each NES,SNES,GENESIS game were $1.00 each..but some were scotch taped in a stack.. 7 for $5.00
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Chris1/?action=view&current=FLEAMARKETapril3044.jpg
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Chris1/?action=view&current=FLEAMARKETapril3043.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Chris1/?action=view&current=FLEAMARKETapril3042.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Chris1/?action=view&current=FLEAMARKETapril3041.jpg
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Chris1/?action=view&current=FLEAMARKETapril3034.jpg
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Chris1/?action=view&current=FLEAMARKETapril3036.jpg
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Chris1/?action=view&current=FLEAMARKETapril3037.jpg

TURBO DUO $7.00 with AC and two controllers..
    I've never found a turbo D at a flea market before.
    (What do I use as an AV?

......$5.00 for all..
    Shining Force Gen
    Star Control Gen
    Sega Saturn Back Up Ram
    Action Replay 4M Plus Gega Saturn
    KING OF FIGHTERS 95 Sega Saturn
    Super Famicom Game(?)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Chris1/FLEAMARKETapril3040.jpg

Nintendo deck with Nes Max controller and misc ac $5.00(the only NES deck at the place)

God Of War Ps2(disc) good condition $1.00..I have this game sealed..
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Chris1/?action=view&current=FLEAMARKETapril3046.jpg
    Super Mario Sunshine(disc) Game Cube,excellent condition $1.00

Razor Electric Pocketbike Charger $5.00( I use these)
    SNES AV $3.00
    PS2 $15.00(it was the first thing I saw so I bought it)

Mini cassette tapes $1.00
    Wrench.25 cents
    Pen Light 25 cent.

.................................................. ............................
    PASSED>
    Intellevision II system,keyboard..Common boxed games.6-7 sealed..$75.00

PS2 $25.00

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

DAYUM, you guys have some great finds this month. I haven't found anything decent yet.

T Daryll: You can probably order replacement AV cords online. The end piece on the AV cords is proprietary to the Turbo Duo I think. If you want to sell that Avenue Pad 6, LMK. I've been looking for a second one.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

A duo for $7? That's ridiculous. Sorry Daryll, I'm finding your flea market and going to it. I know it's not far from me if you were local enough to the Funco at Willowbrook. I think I know where it is, even though it's a little bit of a hike west...
    Last edited by portnoyd; 04-03-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These pictures aren't opening with my web browser (Firefox). It says it can't read them because their format (mhtml) isn't associated with anything. I tried with Internet Explorer and they just open up a blank page O_o. Anybody else experiencing these problems?

Anyways, our f*&#+ing stupid weathermen predicted a 50% chance of rain yesterday. Guess what? Clear skies all day. The rain didn't get anywhere near my city. That and the Easter holiday made it a really shitty weekend for garage sales. And I thought about going to my local flea, but I decided to stay home. /me kicks himself.

...and holy crap I want to go to your flea market. Mine's been so dry lately.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Wow, nice finds, Daryl. I'm surprised you found a Duo for that cheap, especially considering the tales of horror you talk about all the time.

That Ranma 1/2 game appears to be the Japanese version of Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle. And that KOF 95 cart is just a combination RAM / sprite cart, you still need the game CD to play the game.

As for me, I had no finds today. Well, I did. Except the only vendor that had PS1/2 games refused to even let me look at the games because he thought "some were worth up to $50!!111!1!" and wanted to make sure everything was fine, and wouldn't put them out until noon. And this was at around 7 AM. Blargh.

Edit: Ryan, those links are broken because he's using Microsoft Word links. Just select the address with your mouse and paste it in a new window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Edit: Ryan, those links are broken because he's using Microsoft Word links. Just select the address with your mouse and paste it in a new window.
    Okay, I can see them now. Thanks.

That looks like a nice lot of NES games... I see some Megamans (2 & 3), Palamedes, Castlevania II. That's a nice deal at just over a dollar a game, though I suppose you already knew that.

btw, what games are that to the right of Abadox and also to the right of 1943? I don't recognize their labels.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I stopped into this local gaming shop and found...

Mega Man 8 Anniversary Edition (Saturn) - includes game, insert and case, but no instructions. The disc is absolutely flawless, though! Why not the common PS1 version? Because the Saturn version stomps it in every way!!

Contra (NES) - decided that it was finally time to own this. It even came with the manual!

I paid (payed) $30 for everything, which isn't fantastic, but the MM8, which I've been searching for quite awhile, makes up for that alone, especially if you go by the prices for disc-only copies on ebay (and everybody knows that ebay sets the prices for everything and everyone...).

I also stopped into Target and picked up the DVD "Ponyo" for my gf, seeing how it's only $13.99 until tomorrow!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Timon and Pumbaa's Jumgle Games (Snes, crap game with good music)
    Breath of Fire (SNES)
    Arkanoid - NES
    Castelvania II - NES
    Honeybee Famicom to NES Gold cart with green pull-out string

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was last weekend, but oh well. A buddy dropped off a box of 4 Atari 800 computers without cables he found near his mom's house where a guy was renovating his house and had them at the curb. There's a good layer of dust on each and they look untouched since the 80's.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a serious spending problem. Last week I bought $85 worth of games from Play N Trade. Today, I bought this from Gamestop:

Playstation 3: BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
    Playstation 2: FreQuency
    Gamecube: GBA-GC Cable

Awesome stuff.

Though all these other posts make me want to go out to Lauderdale to the Swap Shop. But that's not a good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was at home, being bored, when I got this urge to stop at one of my other favorite gaming stores. I just had a hunch and I also wanted to go tonite just in case it was closed on Easter. I'm glad I went, because I found...

Blackthorne (SNES) - Complete, $5. One of my favorite games that I used to play on an SNES emulator, but now I can play the real thing!

Toejam & Earl (Genesis) - Boxed, $9. I've been looking for this forever and almost resorted to spending much monies on ebay...but, it was just lying there, waiting for me to buy it

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there anything decent at the Swap Shop anymore? I've heard horror stories as of late of it being bone dry.

Anyways, I made it out to the Oriental Trading shop today. Too much stuff I wanted to buy...I was lucky to make it out with only spending $600 (!) I bought a TON of Anime/Game soundtracks and cleaned the shop out of new & used NTSC-J PS1 games. I left some new Gamecube games, but I'll be looking up those before I head back.

PS1 Games:
    Biohazard 3: Last Escape (sealed)
    Initial D[Playstation the Best] (sealed)
    Rurouni Kenshin: Ishin Gekitouhen[Playstation the Best] (sealed)
    Gunbarl (sealed)
    Tokimeki Memorial 2 Substories Leaping School Festival (sealed)
    Sangokushi V (Romance of the Three Kingdoms V) (missing spine card)
    Maria (CIB)
    Clock Tower 2 (missing spine card)
    Soukaigi (missing spine card and Disk 1)

Dreamcast Games:
    Eldorado Gate vol. 4 (sealed)

Gamecube:
    Modem (new)

Random Pirate Games (I said I'd pick some up if I ever found them, and they're boxed!)
    SD Seintp Arsaaoi for the Game Color 2003
    Saiyuuki for the Game Color 2003

Left behind the following on Gamecube (sealed):
    Gundam Pilots Locus
    F-Zero
    Soul Calibur II
    A few others I don't remember

Anyone think I should go back for those? Gundam looks like it'd be worth going back for.
    Last edited by Shadow Kisuragi; 04-03-2010 at 10:59 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Speaking of people with spending problems... damn. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No Way DIGI!
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-23-2010 at 02:28 AM.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Speaking of people with spending problems... damn. D:
    Yeah...My fiancee just bought a new computer too ($1700) and picked up some new hardware today. My pocket book is closed for the next couple weeks for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looking at UnpluggedClone's Goodwill find (nice, by the way), I still find it hard to believe, that in this day and age, what with ebay and classic game collecting-and-selling being as big and near-mainstream as it is, that people would still just willingly give away rather expensive games to places like thrift shops. You'd think that situations like that would eventually 'dry up', seeing how even your average folk are tuning into the fact that certain old games can be valuable. It really just boggles my mind!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People give expensive furniture and such to thrift stores all the time, why on earth would it suprise you that they would give expensive games to them too?

Also what seems main stream to younger generations (lets say 30's max for that) isn't gonna be mainstream for people who are in their 40's and older. They've "grown out of it" so their knowledge on it and interest in learning about it is virtually non-existant. These are the ones taking their kids old toys and games to Goodwill.

Please spare me the post from some random 50 year old who collects games. I know several, but I know a hell of a lot more of them in their 20s.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Google 4 gaga
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-28-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up the following:

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection-On clearance at Target for $13.98
    Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero (missing front insert) was $3.00 and NFL Blitz for Nintendo 64 (loose) was $2.00 at the Flea Market.

Also at the Flea Market, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask strategy guide was $1.00. Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX strategy guide were 50 cents each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by UnpluggedClone View Post
    I know what you mean, but ask your parents or really anyones parents or anyone 45 years old plus what Final Fantasy 7 is and they will look at you like wtf? I think the majority of games that get turned in are older folks that just think old video games are worthless.

I have a brand new sealed super Nintendo i got at the goodwill for $30 bucks i mean wtf.

The stuff that boogles my mind are the Craigs list deals i've got, i've got ps1 rpg's off there from dudes for $5 bucks a piece i mean YOU ARE ON A COMPUTER you can littery look up the games you're selling right there but you're selling me tactics ogre (true) for $5 dollars...
    There might be more stuff at the Goodwill before the ebay reseller hord it