Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Nintega Grafx-16 View Post
    LMAO at the wambulance

Seriously people just be happy Sega didn't add guns, cycles, girls with furry fantasies, and "werehogs" in Sonic 4. lol
    Yes, because expressing dislike of something in the game is cause for drama, right?

And now that you've mentioned all that crap, it'll be added as DLC.

Also, Gameguy, that picture you posted has broken the crap-o-meter. Sprite comic + sprite edited characters + Sonic fanchars == melty face from Raiders of The Lost Ark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well most of the complaints are in the topic are pretty retarded , character animation? Arent we supposed to be talking about the gameplay returning to 2d?
    Last edited by Richter Belmount; 04-02-2010 at 01:30 AM.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Also, Gameguy, that picture you posted has broken the crap-o-meter. Sprite comic + sprite edited characters + Sonic fanchars == melty face from Raiders of The Lost Ark.
    It's not my comic, I didn't make it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otoko View Post
    We differ here. I still like to play the genesis sonic games often. I think they aged just fine.
    Agreed. As a matter of fact, the Genesis titles have aged much better than many games I know. They still look and play fantastic to me.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    It's not my comic, I didn't make it.
    I never said you did. I said "the picture you posted."

And I already said this, gameplay looks fine. But that animation really needs to be fixed.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

No Shadow Dat Hedgehog (May his chromed out gats cap bitches for all eternity), no deal.

Seriously, guys. Dimps is making it, and their Sonic track record is better than Sonic Teams, in a case of cosmic level irony. This might be good.

On the other hand, Sonic fans have been burned enough in the last ten years that the Sonic franchise will never overcome the bad juju associated with it, quality game or not. I guess we'll see.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I never said you did. I said "the picture you posted."
    True, I was just surprised that you were the one who said it. You dislike Sonic fanchars, yet didn't you admit in several threads that you're a furry? Isn't that type of stuff a main point of furry? Isn't it sort of the same thing as your avatar? Not meaning to offend you or anything, just a bit surprised and slightly confused. I just posted that comic because of the content, fans just keep complaining no matter what they get.

And it's really not that bad, compared to other laughably bad/disturbing/face melting images.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While I dont really have any problems with the animations, the gameplay footage just looks just really boring, not exactly sure why. It probably has something to do with the really really REALLY boring stagedesign.

Also, where's Robotnik at the end of the third stage? No more bosses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmount View Post
    I like how noone realized in the last 10 years thinks that the whole sonic is about speed was nothing but a gimmick. Im pretty sure if sonic was a game focused on platforming it would be a better game , but we got all these whiners who never got over segas sonic is a about speed campaign from the 90s. The games are all about speed now thats why they suck.
    Thank you, this is the most sensible thing I've read about Sonic games in a while. Sonic was always meant to be "cool" character, and the games never really tried too hard to be great in their own right. I totally respect the first few that came out for the Genesis for trying something fresh and different, but everything from there on *inevitably* went downhill.

There's only so much you can do with a character whose main(only?) quality is moving fast. The best you can do is have levels that are "streamlined" in a way to show off that speed, which makes the gameplay feel very shallow after a few minutes. I've tried and retried the Sonic games many times, yet always after the first level or so I start getting the feeling I've experienced everything they have to offer and completely lose interest :/

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

True, I was just surprised that you were the one who said it. You dislike Sonic fanchars, yet didn't you admit in several threads that you're a furry? Isn't that type of stuff a main point of furry? Isn't it sort of the same thing as your avatar? Not meaning to offend you or anything, just a bit surprised and slightly confused. I just posted that comic because of the content, fans just keep complaining no matter what they get.
    No offense taken.

Keep in mind not all furries are the same, just as not all video game collectors are the same. I just really get bothered by sprite comics. Sonic fan characters are another pet peeve. But that's neither here or there.

Anyway, Sonic's design and animation in this video are just... distracting to the eye. Total eyesore. Even if people keep saying something about waambulances, that's how I feel, and my only complaint. I don't want this game to suck, dammit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Interesting, is this the first time Sonic has the Homing Attack in a 2D title?

I agree with some people about the complaints. The Genesis titles have not aged well. I even like the 8-Bit and handheld titles better.

uhhhhh... no. the games have aged incredibly well. the only drawback has been overexposure. sonic the hedgehog for the genesis has been re-released for nearly every platform known to man since the saturn

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

I think I will agree with many posts and say that this looks meh. I mean, I WANT to like but it looks a little boring right now. The scenery looks very nice, imo, but Sonic ...hmmm...I just don't like him now. His hair looks ridiculous as does most of his animations. I think Sega was definitely trying to do the same as Nintendo was in bringing a 2D version of their mascot back but, I think, in the end, Nintendo succeeded WAY better. I DO miss you, old Sonic
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    rhettoric
    PSN
    rhettoric

Yeah, the Sonic animations look a little off, but otherwise this looks great. Even shot through the TV, the textures and scenary look really pretty. The animation that jars most is Sonic's jump, though. It looks like he's fearfully falling to his death every time he's hovering in the air. I thought he was supposed to have 'tude. Pussy.

I can't imagine something like basic character animation would be a tough thing to alter for the final product, but one could hope, I guess. They could make him look like Carrot Top and I'd still have the love. I love the return to the roots and will be buying this day one, good or bad, to show support.
    Last edited by grolt; 04-02-2010 at 11:10 AM.
    "Enduro" is a symbolic journey through life via the media of a race.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And it's really not that bad, compared to other laughably bad/disturbing/face melting images.

Lady doth protest too much methinks , why would you keep links to that? >_>
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbid View Post
    uhhhhh... no. the games have aged incredibly well. the only drawback has been overexposure. sonic the hedgehog for the genesis has been re-released for nearly every platform known to man since the saturn
    Yeah, I'm going to agree with that. The Sonic games haven't aged poorly at all, that's just flat out wrong. Sonic games are still very much playable today. The 3D ones are the ones that have always been pretty poor. But NOT the 2D ones, those are fantastic.