Thread: Blue Chicago Blues for Laseractive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Blue Chicago Blues for Laseractive

Thinking about selling my LaserActive player and US game collection soon. Got a good idea of what everything is worth except for this. I've only seen one up for sale in years of checking LA auctions on Ebay and it was this copy. Got the seller to end the auction early and sell it to me for $75 shipped. Was new & sealed but I opened it and played it a few times.

Only way I can gauge it's value is to go by what some of the other rare LA games sold for. There was an auction for a used US Road Prosecutor that ended recently for $345. I've seen it listed a few times however, so I don't think it's as rare as Blue Chicago Blues. Should I expect to get more for BCB? Or is Road Prosecutor selling so high because it's an LD arcade port?

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Dangerboy bought his copy a year or two ago and I know he paid more than 75 for it. It was his last LA game needed, so there was a little 'don't care, must own' going on, but it sure wasn't cheap.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

BCB can go for a lot or not. It's really hard to tell sometimes, since it sells very rarely. I got my Japanese copy (roughly as rare, it seems, maybe not quite) for about $75 as well, but I would not be surprised to see it sell for much more. It's one of those things that sells so rarely that there really is no average going price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does the Japanese LA version have English dialog or subs? I thought I remember reading somewhere that the US BCB is the only version of the game in English. I know BCB for JP Saturn is only in Japanese with no English option but don't know what other systems it's available on.
    Last edited by norkusa; 04-03-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm curious about this. I'd like to grab this game at some point as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

The Laseractive version has English voice acting only, on both American and Japanese versions. Text and menus can display in either English or Japanese, with no default language - you pick the language at the title screen. From what I understand, every other version has a Japanese dub track only with no English voice option, and no English menu/text option.

Edit: I can't confirm the LD-ROM2 version, which I don't own; I have the MegaLD version. However, I'd be very surprised if the LD-ROM2 version is any different.
    Last edited by Vlcice; 04-03-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    The Laseractive version has English voice acting only, on both American and Japanese versions. Text and menus can display in either English or Japanese, with no default language - you pick the language at the title screen. From what I understand, every other version has a Japanese dub track only with no English voice option, and no English menu/text option.

Edit: I can't confirm the LD-ROM2 version, which I don't own; I have the MegaLD version. However, I'd be very surprised if the LD-ROM2 version is any different.
    I have the Japanese LD-Rom2 version and internally it's identical to MegaLD version. As for how much it's worth, have you offered to Joe (Digitpress)? As for value, it's really hard to gauge, I recently paid $920 for Time Gal because it was the last unique game I need for my collection, plus I want to play it, period, so for me it's "I have to have it period". If you're lucky, you might come across someone like that (for many it's the last US game they need for completing US collection).