Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a small tour of my game room

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Google 4 Gaga
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-28-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is the Apex you have there is 24 inch, svideo and 3 composite/mono ins and one composite/mono out? If so its the same one I have from 2003. If so they are really nice sets for sdtv gaming after you calibrate them correctly. They were originally marketed more as monitors by the company then typical Tvs. There is a stereo revision of it that was released also.

I typically keep the one here set at 28 for the brightness, 22 for contrast, 28 for color and 56 for sharpness. If by chance yours is the same, and you don't like the image your getting, try that or something close and see if it works for you. The preset modes were horrible. All they did was jack the brightness and contrast up way way too much. There is a factory setting access code also if you need to adjust the image width, ect. I dont recommend you messing with it though unless you have some video calibration disc laying around to use as you do it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Google 4 gaga
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-28-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I enjoy the 3do one the most, looks the cleanest...
    I've never played the 3DO version of Night Trap to compare, but I'll grab it one of these days if I come across it for cheap.

God the more i think about it the 32x is awful, i mean it truly was a piece of crap. It's right up there with the virtual boy.
    I'm not sure I'd take it that far. Granted, the 32X was a logistical nightmare, with all of the cables and adapters and what have you, but at least there were a couple of decent games for it. The Virtual Boy on the other hand was terrible on all fronts. There really aren't any redeeming points for that contraption, IMO, unless you're assigning points for oddness and camp.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice collcetion.

Show your dad the galleries page if he thinks your obsessed.

Looks like you'll need a bigger room soon. Make sure it's much bigger (I learned my lesson), because you may be obsessed and you never know when you might want an arcade cabinet added to your collection...

Insert Coin (Level 0) gamedude45's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Itachi241
    PSN
    Itachi241
    3DS Friend
    0259-0445-4822

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    Looks like you'll need a bigger room soon. Make sure it's much bigger (I learned my lesson), because you may be obsessed and you never know when you might want an arcade cabinet added to your collection...
    Yeah I don't have alot of spce left in my room but sadly this is the biggest bedroom in the house (thanks to the nook where my TV is) so i'm going to have to keep it for now. I'm actually thinking about putting shelving on the bare part of the wall behind my bed.

Quote Originally Posted by PC-ENGINE HELL View Post
    Is the Apex you have there is 24 inch, svideo and 3 composite/mono ins and one composite/mono out? If so its the same one I have from 2003. If so they are really nice sets for sdtv gaming after you calibrate them correctly. They were originally marketed more as monitors by the company then typical Tvs. There is a stereo revision of it that was released also.
    Your right on the money except my tv dosn't do svideo.

I typically keep the one here set at 28 for the brightness, 22 for contrast, 28 for color and 56 for sharpness. If by chance yours is the same, and you don't like the image your getting, try that or something close and see if it works for you. The preset modes were horrible. All they did was jack the brightness and contrast up way way too much. There is a factory setting access code also if you need to adjust the image width, ect. I dont recommend you messing with it though unless you have some video calibration disc laying around to use as you do it.
    Thank you for the suggestions on the settings i've messed around with the setting alot and i've gotten it to a point were I like the picture. It's a good tv but it's a little embarrassing loking at most peoples game rooms and their tv's are big lcd tv's and i'm stuck with a tv from the 90's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very nice collection. Do you have a favorite console(s)? It looks like you're picking up everything from your pics.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Snappaccino's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love what you did with your game room, everything is so nice and clean, great job.

Insert Coin (Level 0) gamedude45's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Itachi241
    PSN
    Itachi241
    3DS Friend
    0259-0445-4822

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    Very nice collection.
    Thank you!

Do you have a favorite console(s)?
    Not really.

It looks like you're picking up everything from your pics.
    Well I don't really go out of my way to get anything I just go to flea markets and thrift stores and i'll buy anything that interest me(so long as the price is right).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Google 4 Gaga

Insert Coin (Level 0) tentencanidae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    jeremycomitas

Looks great dude! I have far less overall, but far more NES and GENESIS stuff. My main problem is the lack of bookshelves for it all. I keep buying games, and just sticking em neatly in crates. One day, I'll take the time to organize them properly. Again though, your collection is really sweet.
    TenTenCanidae
    Collects NES games & RPG's for all systems.
    www.myspace.com/peeweesbike
    www.myspace.com/bayonetdoesntcare