Thread: Video Game Oriented Dreams

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Video Game Oriented Dreams

Ever have a dream where you are playing a video game or finding incredibly special and rare ones? Or perhaps even playing a title that does not exist here in the physical realm? If so, share your stories with us! Here are a few of mine...

*A few of my dreams have involved finding games that I want (and are very rare). I've had a couple in which I've dug through dozens of thrift store junks to reveal a Donkey Kong Country Competition cart or a copy of Bonk's Adventure for the NES.

*Some have involved playing "fake" or non-existing games. I remember playing what I believed to be a fourth installment in the Gex Gecko series. This was a vivid dream- the graphics from Gex:Enter The Gecko were updated (It felt like a PS2 game) with a smoother frame rate. I can only recall being at the starting point (When Gex:Enter The Gecko boots up and you're in the Media Dimension) tune. There was another Gex 4 dream in which Gex was in a Jungle Town, and transforms into a foot-like monster with three toes. I remember hearing the power up tune from The Munchables on Wii.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Retro!!!

But anyway, I had a dream just the other day involving
    Little Kings Story for $10 new, and
    a bin of $1 GC games that included MGS the Twin snakes and Tales of Symphonia.

It sucked to wake up after that one. ;(
    N64 collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

All my fucking life all I've ever wanted to dream about is me being a pokemon trainer. No, I get weird ass dreams involving going back in time with Ashton Kutcher, or being on the run GTA style from the cops with 6 stars because I torrented a pokemon game. Well that's a step towards a pokemon dream..

Not saying I don't like my dreams, just saying...IM STILL WAITING FOR THAT POKEMON DREAM.
    League of Legends referral link:
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4be72d0a12a60
    ^^ DotA players click the link ^^

Insert Coin (Level 0) Deadpixels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Imaginary Boy

It's funny you posted this, as I was thinking of doing the same just the other day.

As for gaming related dreams, I have a few funny stories. My brain seems to sense a find before I actually know I've stumbled upon one.

The first example was four years ago when my wife and I both randomly had a dream that we found bought a four slot Neo Geo MVS arcade cabinet. While we talked about the dream over coffee, she and I hopped on eBay for kicks and searched for one. Sure enough, the first result on eBay (which wasn't narrowed down by location) was one in our town.

Needless to say my wife stayed glued to eBay while I was at work and, after a fierce bidding war, scored us our first Neo cab.

Just recently this happened again when I had a dream that I had found a 3DO in a random shop. The following day someone came over to my house and told my wife they had a 3D0 for sale. Sure enough I added an FZ-10 to my collection just a few days after having that dream.

I'm like a damned gaming Nostradamus.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Therealqtip View Post
    All my fucking life all I've ever wanted to dream about is me being a pokemon trainer. No, I get weird ass dreams involving going back in time with Ashton Kutcher, or being on the run GTA style from the cops with 6 stars because I torrented a pokemon game. Well that's a step towards a pokemon dream..

Not saying I don't like my dreams, just saying...IM STILL WAITING FOR THAT POKEMON DREAM.
    funny. And in response to your signature photo- IS THIS BATTLETOADS?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had plenty of dreams of finding unknown and bizarre accessories for early '80s systems, such as a calculator cart for the VCS called "Number Cruncher". I guess I have them due to the weird peripherals released in those wild-west days. That calculator cart isn't much different from Basic Programming after all...

And of course, when I wake up I'm incredibly disappointed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I've had my share of dreams involving games.

One I'm honestly surprised I still remember was one I had shortly after renting Diddy Kong Racing for the first time, back in late November 1997. In it, I had just finished all the tracks in Dino Domain and unlocked the boss race against Tricky. I beat him pretty easily to the top of the mountain, and found a door that looked like the Boss Door up on top, so I went in. On the other side of it was a darker version of the lobby (It was more like a cave now; it was lit only by torches), and all the tracks where mirrored. Now every time I went through that boss door in the normal lobby, I’d enter the mirror lobby. With how real the dream felt, I honestly though that mirror lobby was real for years, until I beat the game 100% and never saw anything like it pop up.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One time a bunch of my friends and I had a Survival-Horror party late at night. Siren, Silent Hill, and Fatal Frame all around. Afterward we all played Katamari Damacy to try and stave off nightmares.

Didn't work. I had a dream that I was hunting ghosts in a big creepy house with a camera, when I start hearing a very faint humming of the Katamari theme. I turn around and there's the Prince with a HUGE FUCKING KATAMARI COMING RIGHT AT ME!!! I started desperately snapping photos, and right when he was about to roll me up, I woke up.

I have never repeated that gaming combo since that night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

Quote Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
    One time a bunch of my friends and I had a Survival-Horror party late at night. Siren, Silent Hill, and Fatal Frame all around. Afterward we all played Katamari Damacy to try and stave off nightmares.

Didn't work. I had a dream that I was hunting ghosts in a big creepy house with a camera, when I start hearing a very faint humming of the Katamari theme. I turn around and there's the Prince with a HUGE FUCKING KATAMARI COMING RIGHT AT ME!!! I started desperately snapping photos, and right when he was about to roll me up, I woke up.

I have never repeated that gaming combo since that night.
    made me lol
    League of Legends referral link:
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4be72d0a12a60
    ^^ DotA players click the link ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i always seem to dream of stumbling upon the motherlode of games that do not exist and then not having any money to buy them.

somewhat realitive to real life... the no money to buy aspect. =(
    Closet Monsters: Custom and Retro Game Plushies Obesolete.etsy.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

I remember when I was 5 years old, the game I wanted the most was "Tiny Toon Adventures" on NES. A friend of mine had rented it, and it had briefly become my new favorite game.

One night around this time, I had a dream that I owned the game and was playing it. It was SO real to me, that the next day, when I got home from school, I said to my mom, "I'm going to go play Tiny Toons." She said, "What do you mean? You don't have that game." I was completely convinced that I did have it. "Yes I do, I got it the other day. I was playing it last night." I even went as far as going to my video games and looking for it. When I finally realized I didn't own it and it had all been a dream, I was severely disappointed.

I didn't get to own that game until about 5 years later, when it was a cheap Funcoland purchase. Still love it to this day and think about that dream when I play it.
    Last edited by ShinobiMan; 04-07-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have game related dreams quite often.. i also have collecting related dreams in which i find crazy rare games in huge amounts in some strange store or flea market

- Playstationcollecting.com .. The online Playstation Collecting Community
    The PlaystationCollecting.com Database and Collection Tool
    Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Forum
    - Visit My Retro Video Game Store! -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I used to get game dreams all the time. They usually pissed me off and sometimes they made me aware I was dreaming, I'd even dream of games and systems that didn't exist like white Sega Genesis systems. (Well, Those could exist if you painted one but you get the idea) Now I get guitar related dreams frequently.

Austin