Thread: Killing Time Collectors Edition Mug: Any info?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Deadpixels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Imaginary Boy

Default Killing Time Collectors Edition Mug: Any info?

Just recently I won an auction on Killing Time for the 3D0, it's listed as "Collectors Edition with mug". The mug looks legit, but the packaging itself doesn't indicate that the game is collectors edition, and there is no information of a collectors edition online that I can find.

Does anyone have any info on this mug? Is there a chance it was a pre-order bonus or an item you got for registering your product?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpixels View Post
    Just recently I won an auction on Killing Time for the 3D0, it's listed as "Collectors Edition with mug". The mug looks legit, but the packaging itself doesn't indicate that the game is collectors edition, and there is no information of a collectors edition online that I can find.

Does anyone have any info on this mug? Is there a chance it was a pre-order bonus or an item you got for registering your product?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I don't believe this was given away as a pre-order bonus. I recall seeing one of these at a Gamestop around release and it looked like it was sent to the store manager as a promo item. I believe you could also buy the mug from the 3do catalog. There was no collector's edition of the game. Interesting, but $20 plus shipping seems high for a mug and a non-boxed copy of the game.
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 04-06-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Imaginary Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I don't believe this was given away as a pre-order bonus. I recall seeing one of these at a Gamestop around release and it looked like it was sent to the store manager as a promo item. I believe you could also buy the mug from the 3do catalog. There was no collector's edition of the game. Interesting, but $20 plus shipping seems high for a mug and a non-boxed copy of the game.
    A jewel cased copy is non-boxed? I don't see any copies on eBay that aren't in a jewel case packaged in the same manner.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpixels View Post
    A jewel cased copy is non-boxed? I don't see any copies on eBay that aren't in a jewel case packaged in the same manner.
    Yep. Like most 3do games, this was sold in a large cardboard box which contained the jewel case and a bunch of inserts like the 3do catalog and other info. Here is a photo of what the box looks like:

http://www.3dotoday.com/Scans/kitiboxf.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Imaginary Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Yep. Like most 3do games, this was sold in a large cardboard box which contained the jewel case and a bunch of inserts like the 3do catalog and other info. Here is a photo of what the box looks like:

http://www.3dotoday.com/Scans/kitiboxf.jpg
    I thought I had seen it in longbox form before, thanks for the heads up. It's shocking how few seem to be floating around right now on eBay. All of my 3D0 longbox titles have the disc tray inside the box itself, and not in a separate jewel case. Though with how unlikely I am to find the mug in the wild again I still consider it worthwhile.

Now I just need to find someone selling a box or get a complete copy on the cheap.